Expired Hot Deals

Golf Town

Srixon Golf Balls - Half Price **Blazing Hot**

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2018 8:11 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
1448 posts
1603 upvotes
Ottawa
Jaytee wrote: With a driver most ball performance is close to one another. The main difference on premium balls are wedges and being able to stick greens. Cheap dollar balls are two layers and are much harder and spin less and have crappier (but more durable covers) making them harder to hold a green when hit. Many golfers dont hit greens in regulation so there is little value in hitting an expensive ball. If anything a high handicapper would prefer a low spin ball so it goes straighter.

Premium balls are 3-5 layers and spin higher and feel softer. I think the most noticeable difference is when you take a full swing with a wedge like on a short par 3 off the tee. It can be the difference between having the ball check up on the green or having the ball roll off the back of the green.

So yeah, if you are a below average golfer premium balls are probably a waste. That said, my friend gave me a TaylorMade TP5x which is a fantastic ball. I just wish they werent so expensive.
The point is for less than $20/dozen (before taxes) after the PayPal discount and ebates then you might as well buy at least some of these “premium” balls (ZStars) regardless of your level. You are going to pay almost that much for rocks so forking out the extra $5-6 per dozen just makes sense. If nothing else but a dozen to try at this price.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 7, 2003
7355 posts
2354 upvotes
T dot 6
mikek33 wrote: The point is for less than $20/dozen (before taxes) after the PayPal discount and ebates then you might as well buy at least some of these “premium” balls (ZStars) regardless of your level. You are going to pay almost that much for rocks so forking out the extra $5-6 per dozen just makes sense. If nothing else but a dozen to try at this price.
Oh yeah, I totally agree with that. If you can find cheap 3+ layer balls like $20 for a dozen Q Star Tour which is less then $2 a ball, that's the way to go regardless of skill. But paying full price for premium balls prices for a high handicapper is a waste.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 18, 2003
2632 posts
74 upvotes
Winnipeg
No intention to buy more golf balls, but at this price (Sportchek) I'm going to give the Z Stars a try. Might be nice to play some new premium balls on a regular basis, instead of used ProVs all the time.
Scotty is a cheap mofo and loves to get a deal!

HEATWARE
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2002
12957 posts
4063 upvotes
GTA
scottrempel wrote: No intention to buy more golf balls, but at this price (Sportchek) I'm going to give the Z Stars a try. Might be nice to play some new premium balls on a regular basis, instead of used ProVs all the time.
Same boat as myself. Got a deal on Kijiji last summer for 24 new Z-stars. Didn't make any difference either way to my game over the used ProV's ( I'm a 7 handicap).

But at this price, they're around what you'd pay for a top-grade used pro V, so a no brainer, picking up 5 doz.
_______________

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 15, 2015
1291 posts
1403 upvotes
Abbotsford
Can confirm the Q-star balls are great.
Hit a hole-in-one last week with a 7 iron on a 180 yard sponsored hole.
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 27, 2004
879 posts
240 upvotes
Sale Ended at GolfTown (Z-Stars still on 'sale' at SportChek)
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2002
12957 posts
4063 upvotes
GTA
Big Shooter wrote: Sale Ended at GolfTown (Z-Stars still on 'sale' at SportChek)
Ended at Sportchek too. I got excited when I got a Sportchek F&F sale 30% off email :(

But I think the 10 doz Z-stars should last a while ;)
_______________

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 27, 2004
879 posts
240 upvotes
Hugh Jass wrote:

But I think the 10 doz Z-stars should last a while ;)
There will be lots on the "BST" too
Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1315 posts
723 upvotes
Ottawa
Is anyone still waiting for their balls to be shipped? I figure the order will get cancelled at this point but I order thin Saturday and still "waiting to be shipped".
Sr. Member
Jul 28, 2010
817 posts
530 upvotes
engman13 wrote: Is anyone still waiting for their balls to be shipped? I figure the order will get cancelled at this point but I order thin Saturday and still "waiting to be shipped".
Yes. I called. They are expecting the balls "in" Friday. Then those shipments will be sent.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1315 posts
723 upvotes
Ottawa
BlueLightSpecial wrote: Yes. I called. They are expecting the balls "in" Friday. Then those shipments will be sent.
I got an email last night saying they are now on back order until June 27th. Did you?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 8, 2002
12957 posts
4063 upvotes
GTA
engman13 wrote: Is anyone still waiting for their balls to be shipped? I figure the order will get cancelled at this point but I order thin Saturday and still "waiting to be shipped".
Got my first 5 doz on Monday, ordered Saturday. The ones I ordered on Sunday are 'in transit' ( have tracking number) and expected to get here Monday. I'll give a few doz away as gifts but I think I'm good for balls now for a long time.

The Z-Stars are excellent. Have been a ProV user since they came out ( 2000 ?) but I actually think the Srixons are better than the Titleists since I played 18 with the same ball on Wednesday and the performance seemed the very same but the ball was like new when I examined it on the 18th green. No way would the Titleist be like that.
_______________

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Banned
User avatar
Feb 2, 2014
1426 posts
942 upvotes
The 6
My wife can't get enough of these balls. She's been having so much fun on the green. Hitting it and as high as a kite. At this rate she'll be a pro before you know it, making big money for her big daddy!!! Winking Face
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1315 posts
723 upvotes
Ottawa
Hugh Jass wrote: Got my first 5 doz on Monday, ordered Saturday. The ones I ordered on Sunday are 'in transit' ( have tracking number) and expected to get here Monday. I'll give a few doz away as gifts but I think I'm good for balls now for a long time.

The Z-Stars are excellent. Have been a ProV user since they came out ( 2000 ?) but I actually think the Srixons are better than the Titleists since I played 18 with the same ball on Wednesday and the performance seemed the very same but the ball was like new when I examined it on the 18th green. No way would the Titleist be like that.
I ordered 4 dozen of the q stars, I didn't think the extra money of the z was worth it for me. Figured the Q's would be better than the noodles I usually play with lol.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2009
1134 posts
503 upvotes
Vancouver
dazz wrote: Been golfing for a while. Haven't noticed any difference between expensive or cheap balls. Bought a bag of mix used balls from Walmart 4 years ago
This is a laughable statement to any decent ball-stroker. If you're just out there having fun shooting 100+, which is totally fine, then sure.
Sr. Member
Jul 28, 2010
817 posts
530 upvotes
engman13 wrote: I got an email last night saying they are now on back order until June 27th. Did you?
Yes, got that email after.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)