Golf Town

TAYLORMADE Project (s) Golf Balls - White 12 $14.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2021 12:42 am
Dec 12, 2007
621 posts
227 upvotes
Canada
gr8dlr wrote: Blue is the hardest color to see IMO because you lose sight in the air.

Orange, red or yellow are best.
That's true... The sky is blue after all. Yes, you can also argue if the sky is really blue, but that's a topic for another day.
Jan 6, 2019
72 posts
96 upvotes
Pretty good ball for a sandbagger like me. I’m still all stocked up on $0.02/dozen titleist balls from walmart in the spring. Only lost a few dozen. Lol
Aug 29, 2013
837 posts
703 upvotes
Waterloo
stingywpgdude wrote: Pretty good ball for a sandbagger like me. I’m still all stocked up on $0.02/dozen titleist balls from walmart in the spring. Only lost a few dozen. Lol
That was a great deal indeed.

FYI I do believe you are missing the term “sandbagger.” That term is used to identify a player who purposely misrepresents their handicap in an attempt to gain an advantage in competition.
Nov 26, 2020
25 posts
9 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Bought 2 boxes of the reds and a glove. Thanks OP.
[OP]
Nov 8, 2009
154 posts
105 upvotes
Burlington
stealth wrote: Good deal, OP.
Noodle 36 pack looks like a good deal as well.
https://www.golftown.com/en-CA/balls/go ... 47601.html

Same with the Wilson double 50s.
https://www.golftown.com/en-CA/flash-sa ... 72&start=1

Is it just me, or were there a lot of sales on balls this year? I got stocked up on kirklands as well at Costco.
Thanks for the addition deal. added to the post
[OP]
Nov 8, 2009
154 posts
105 upvotes
Burlington
stealth wrote: Good deal, OP.
Noodle 36 pack looks like a good deal as well.
https://www.golftown.com/en-CA/balls/go ... 47601.html

Same with the Wilson double 50s.
https://www.golftown.com/en-CA/flash-sa ... 72&start=1

Is it just me, or were there a lot of sales on balls this year? I got stocked up on kirklands as well at Costco.
Thanks for the addition deal. added to the post
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2822 posts
1685 upvotes
Toronto
Are these like those soft balata balls they use to have at CanTire for $20?

Less distance but greater control.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7492 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto
glfrboy wrote: That was a great deal indeed.

FYI I do believe you are missing the term “sandbagger.” That term is used to identify a player who purposely misrepresents their handicap in an attempt to gain an advantage in competition.
He is already sandbagging stating he loses a bunch of balls so others may think he hacks and play $ and get slaughtered by him LOL
Mar 31, 2013
310 posts
238 upvotes
Sherwood Park
HDawg wrote: To be clear, this isn’t a ball for “older” players per se who may have lost some club head speed. This is a ball I’d recommend to high handicappers as well.

Weather and ground conditions being equal, this ball will roll a little more, great if you’re seeking distance, but the trade off is a little less control around the green.
What if I have a high handicap but I can really hit the ball off the tee (high club head speed)?
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
22067 posts
713 upvotes
Newmarket
armadaone wrote: What if I have a high handicap but I can really hit the ball off the tee (high club head speed)?
The Wilson’s above might be better for you...ie. not quite as soft.
Mar 20, 2017
466 posts
1114 upvotes
I’ve been playing golf for a long time and the Noodle slogan on the box still makes me chuckle inside. I guess I’m perpetually 12 years old. LOL
Dec 21, 2014
270 posts
157 upvotes
Vancouver
How do these compare to srixon q star for a mid handicap? Golfballs.ca has 100 grade A of these for $80
Jan 1, 2013
451 posts
320 upvotes
POINTE-CLAIRE
E39M62 wrote: Downvote for Golftown’s hard to find and use process for email ordering. I guess they don’t care too much about doing business during a pandemic.
They do it in-store as well. Anytime they have a great special on balls they put them in a different part of the store and asking anybody usually elicits a response of "I don't know" or "Not Sure".

Got plenty of balls right now but so many muddy ones; look forward to a time where we can once again wash our own balls.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3315 posts
2750 upvotes
Markham
armadaone wrote: What if I have a high handicap but I can really hit the ball off the tee (high club head speed)?
As stealth pointed out, the Wilson’s may be better. If you’re smashing that ball off the tee (and assuming you hit the fairways), you’ll want a higher compression ball you can control for approaches and around the green.

That said, as a moderate to high swing speed myself, the Project (s) would be a decent late season ball as the weather gets colder.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)