Expired Hot Deals

Golftown

Ontario Only: Golftown demo clubs 30% additional discount

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2021 9:26 am
[OP]
Jr. Member
Mar 29, 2011
146 posts
166 upvotes
near you

Ontario Only: Golftown demo clubs 30% additional discount

Savings:
30%
Expiry:
August 30, 2021
Retailer:
Golftown
I was at the Ottawa East store, trying out a driver. Went to the demo rack, and saw 30% off all demo clubs Ontario Only posted.

Found a TM Sim2 Max driver at $650, discounted to $514 all-in, no headcover or tool. I'll forego both for a $289 discount off of new. :)

I believe that it is good through the 30th of August.
19 replies
Jr. Member
Jun 10, 2013
133 posts
49 upvotes
SAINT-CONSTANT
TM Sim Max drivers are currently on sale brand new at 499.97 at GT. Why not buy new?
[OP]
Jr. Member
Mar 29, 2011
146 posts
166 upvotes
near you
vonsmugh wrote: TM Sim Max drivers are currently on sale brand new at 499.97 at GT. Why not buy new?
Funny story. I was going in to try the Sim driver and fairway (currently bundled at $699 for both). I saw the Sim2 Max at 30% off and though, cheaper than both new, and I don't need a new 3 wood.

You are correct. Last year's SIM is 499, this year's SIM2 is 699. I got this year's model for less than last year's model, and if you look at the head, there are zero marks on it anywhere. No h/c but $289 off...
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 9, 2004
22076 posts
731 upvotes
Newmarket
Last year I bought a callaway hybrid during this deal. They sent me a brand new one. YMMV.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2006
3402 posts
2822 upvotes
Markham
igatomic wrote: Funny story. I was going in to try the Sim driver and fairway (currently bundled at $699 for both). I saw the Sim2 Max at 30% off and though, cheaper than both new, and I don't need a new 3 wood.

You are correct. Last year's SIM is 499, this year's SIM2 is 699. I got this year's model for less than last year's model, and if you look at the head, there are zero marks on it anywhere. No h/c but $289 off...
I’ve purchased a demo SpeedZone and my cousin got a Sim Max demo and both were flawless. Typically, GT tapes up the driver before one demos it so they aren’t scuffed or dinged up. My SZ looked brand new. I didn’t keep it but I wouldn’t hesitate to consider a demo from GT.

At the SIM sale price and compared to the (non-discounted) demo or new Sim2 price, I’d probably opt for the prior SIM, but a current gen demo at 30% off is tough to beat. This isn’t a used club off Kijiji…

No tool or HC isn’t a big deal but if you’re a stickler for it, one can always buy those after if they don’t have a spare.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 9, 2006
12488 posts
3204 upvotes
HDawg wrote: I’ve purchased a demo SpeedZone and my cousin got a Sim Max demo and both were flawless. Typically, GT tapes up the driver before one demos it so they aren’t scuffed or dinged up. My SZ looked brand new. I didn’t keep it but I wouldn’t hesitate to consider a demo from GT.

At the SIM sale price and compared to the (non-discounted) demo or new Sim2 price, I’d probably opt for the prior SIM, but a current gen demo at 30% off is tough to beat. This isn’t a used club off Kijiji…

No tool or HC isn’t a big deal but if you’re a stickler for it, one can always buy those after if they don’t have a spare.
Yeah, the tools are universal and you can find one on kijiji for like $10-$20.

I might check it out. I need a hybrid to replace the 15 year old one.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1149 posts
1808 upvotes
GTA
Nothing at the markham location.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Mar 29, 2011
146 posts
166 upvotes
near you
It was a photocopied sheet in an acrylic holder. Nothing online or advertised in the store aside from at the demo section. (I went to Ottawa East).
Member
Jul 16, 2019
331 posts
686 upvotes
Wouldn’t waste your time in GTA guys. Was in a golftown yesterday didn’t see anything like this but also not sure any of the GTA Golftowns even have any demo righty clubs that I have seen.
Last edited by Chonksplonket on Aug 25th, 2021 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
May 13, 2012
728 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
save time, i called couple stores in GTA
no demo sale
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15803 posts
7106 upvotes
London
Can anyone confirm if this is available anywhere outside of Ottawa?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2006
3402 posts
2822 upvotes
Markham
Annual demo sale is likely in early November, so keep an eye for it.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Jr. Member
Nov 5, 2007
152 posts
68 upvotes
Winnipeg
One year was hitting demo drivers into the screen. One I liked all of a sudden self combusted and the head flew off.

Some of the demos are just tortured. This can be a very hit and miss obviously....
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2006
3402 posts
2822 upvotes
Markham
I can’t speak for the rest of Canada, but we’ve gone through a few lockdowns in Ontario and I think demo clubs have gone through less wear and tear past couple years.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Newbie
Aug 2, 2021
6 posts
i traded in my old M4 driver and they gave me $200 for it and i got a sim max with the discount for $300 only owing $100 after trade in.. they are giving good money for trade ins if you dont wanna have the hassel of selling your self
Member
Aug 17, 2007
337 posts
361 upvotes
Demos can be hit or miss. I bought 2 demos during the pandemic demo sale that was online and they were both scuffed as hell. I kept them as they were an okay price and one had a nice shaft upgrade in it but if they do it again this year in store I would go to see what you're getting.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)