3387 upvotes
Toronto
Check tripcentral.ca
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4348 upvotes
Arrgh wrote: Check tripcentral.ca
Yeah, yet another Air Transat storefront. They sure have a lot of them... like the many names of Loblaws and Crappy Tire.
Unless you want to be sold only Transat products (or have those more aggressively pitched to you), might want to be more independent in your search.

[pasted from Wikipedia] The following are all Air Transat properties:

Outgoing tour operators:
Transat Holidays - Canada
Serviceair - Canada
Handlex (now part of Swissport) - Canada
Transat Découvertes[8] - Canada
Canadian Affair - Europe
ACE - Air Consultants Europe - Europe
Vacances Transat France - Europe
Look Voyages - Europe
Amplitravel - Europe
Bennett Voyages - Europe
Brokair - Europe
Eleva Travel - Mexico

Retail distribution:
Club Voyages - Canada & Europe
Exitnow.ca - Canada
Look Voyages - Europe
Marlin Travel - Canada
Travel Plus - Canada
Voyages en Liberté - Canada
Tripcentral - Canada

Incoming tour operators and destination services:
Transat Holidays USA - USA
Tourgreece - Europe
Trafic Tours - Mexico
Turissimo - Dominican Republic

Hotels:
Ocean Hotels and Resorts - Dominican Republic

Selloffvacations.com = Sunwing. Just a heads-up on that one.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8889 posts
3387 upvotes
Toronto
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: Yeah, yet another Air Transat storefront. They sure have a lot of them... like the many names of Loblaws and Crappy Tire.
Unless you want to be sold only Transat products (or have those more aggressively pitched to you), might want to be more independent in your search.
The OP was obvious not knowledgeable to search. Tripcentral is a great place to start the search.

You will see AT, and AC, WJ, Sunwing, and all kinds of vacations/cruises, etc. there.

You don't only see AT.

You don't have to buy anything through tripcentral. You can, it's convenient.

If you have TD 1st class visa card, can book thru them and get 4.5% back.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2596 posts
1782 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: Yeah, yet another Air Transat storefront. They sure have a lot of them... like the many names of Loblaws and Crappy Tire.

[pasted from Wikipedia] The following are all Air Transat properties:

Outgoing tour operators:
Transat Holidays - Canada
Serviceair - Canada
Handlex (now part of Swissport) - Canada
Transat Découvertes[8] - Canada
Canadian Affair - Europe
ACE - Air Consultants Europe - Europe
Vacances Transat France - Europe
Look Voyages - Europe
Amplitravel - Europe
Bennett Voyages - Europe
Brokair - Europe
Eleva Travel - Mexico

Retail distribution:
Club Voyages - Canada & Europe
Exitnow.ca - Canada
Look Voyages - Europe
Marlin Travel - Canada
Travel Plus - Canada
Voyages en Liberté - Canada
Tripcentral - Canada

Incoming tour operators and destination services:
Transat Holidays USA - USA
Tourgreece - Europe
Trafic Tours - Mexico
Turissimo - Dominican Republic

Hotels:
Ocean Hotels and Resorts - Dominican Republic

Selloffvacations.com = Sunwing. Just a heads-up on that one.
You have posted this nonsense before and I have corrected you. You are not being helpful to anyone on this forum looking for information.

Transat may be their parent company but I assure you they sell a ton of other airlines/products. In fact this can come in handy for someone who may decide to book with Transat as you may receive better pricing or some other incentive.

Sell Off Vacations' parent company is Sunwing/Signature but they also sell every other airline/tour operator.

Itravel 2000 is owned by TravelBrands (aka Sunquest Vacations) but they also sell every other airline/tour operator.

Westjet & Air Canada are airlines first and foremost not tour operators like Sunwing and Transat. Hence they do not own any agencies but their product (aka resorts offered) are miniscule compared to amount of product (aka packages) offered by tour operators. Air Canada in an attempt to stay competitive now offers Blue Diamond hotels (aka Royalton Hotels, Memories Hotels and Starfish Hotels) and Blue Diamond is owned by Sunwing. Transat has the biggest inventory in the best room locations at Bahia Principes, H10 resorts and Sirenis.

Anyways OP...
OP you have basically 5 airlines to choose from if your going to Cuba.

It's a short flight regardless so based on price and which resort suits your needs.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1074 posts
374 upvotes
Toronto
BrunetteGirl wrote: You have posted this nonsense before and I have corrected you. You are not being helpful to anyone on this forum looking for information.

Transat may be their parent company but I assure you they sell a ton of other airlines/products. In fact this can come in handy for someone who may decide to book with Transat as you may receive better pricing or some other incentive.

Sell Off Vacations' parent company is Sunwing/Signature but they also sell every other airline/tour operator.

Itravel 2000 is owned by TravelBrands (aka Sunquest Vacations) but they also sell every other airline/tour operator.

Westjet & Air Canada are airlines first and foremost not tour operators like Sunwing and Transat. Hence they do not own any agencies but their product (aka resorts offered) are miniscule compared to amount of product (aka packages) offered by tour operators. Air Canada in an attempt to stay competitive now offers Blue Diamond hotels (aka Royalton Hotels, Memories Hotels and Starfish Hotels) and Blue Diamond is owned by Sunwing. Transat has the biggest inventory in the best room locations at Bahia Principes, H10 resorts and Sirenis.

Anyways OP...
OP you have basically 5 airlines to choose from if your going to Cuba.

It's a short flight regardless so based on price and which resort suits your needs.
Thanks. That's very helpful.
Penalty Box
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4348 upvotes
BrunetteGirl wrote: You have posted this nonsense before and I have corrected you.
How is it "nonsense" unless you're denying that Transat owns all those storefronts to make it look like competition (a la Loblaws). But you totally missed the point here.

If the OP asked "I'm looking for airfares to (wherever)" I seriously doubt anybody would reply with aircanada.ca or delta.com or ba.com (or any specific airline). The answers would be things like ITA Matrix, Google Flights, Hipmunk, Momondo, or Expedia... (unless the OP gives some reason to use a certain airline -- just a few thousand miles short of the next status level, etc). Likewise if somebody said "I'm looking for a cruise to..." you wouldn't just send them to carnival.com or celebritycruises.com, you'd be sending them to CruiseCritic or similar.

The OP really needs to check out TA's (both online and bricks/mortar) from different ownership groups, or preferably, one that isn't owned by a certain airline or resort company. Otherwise that's like comparing prices between Loblaws, Superstore, Independent, Zehrs, and No Frills. All one and the same.
Banned
Jun 8, 2008
3977 posts
1415 upvotes
Toronto
One guy suggested tripcentral and you went on a rant about it. Its like someone posting “where can i buy nails” and someone answering Home Depot and having someone follow that up with a long post about ownership of Home Depot. The guy just wants suggestions, the next poster gave him one.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
2596 posts
1782 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
EastGTARedFlagger wrote: How is it "nonsense" unless you're denying that Transat owns all those storefronts to make it look like competition (a la Loblaws). But you totally missed the point here.

If the OP asked "I'm looking for airfares to (wherever)" I seriously doubt anybody would reply with aircanada.ca or delta.com or ba.com (or any specific airline). The answers would be things like ITA Matrix, Google Flights, Hipmunk, Momondo, or Expedia... (unless the OP gives some reason to use a certain airline -- just a few thousand miles short of the next status level, etc). Likewise if somebody said "I'm looking for a cruise to..." you wouldn't just send them to carnival.com or celebritycruises.com, you'd be sending them to CruiseCritic or similar.

The OP really needs to check out TA's (both online and bricks/mortar) from different ownership groups, or preferably, one that isn't owned by a certain airline or resort company. Otherwise that's like comparing prices between Loblaws, Superstore, Independent, Zehrs, and No Frills. All one and the same.

But none of the examples you have given me are the same. Travel is a different beast. Nobody said "go to Transatholidays.com". All these online travel agencies sell pretty much any airline, tour operator, resort chain and cruise line. They HAVE to in order to stay competitive. They also use all the same software (softvoyage).

It's been pointed out to you by more then one poster on this thread and on previous threads.

If you pull up the same ITC package on Trip Central, Sell Off, Expedia, Itravel 2000, Red Tag the price will be all the same. I encourage you try to it. Go to any of Transat's online travel agencies you listed and search for a RIU hotel for example- and you will find it. RIU has an exclusive with Sunwing (TUI) but any OTA will sell it.

Each company will usually have a different promo/bonus running- so it's a personal choice when or where you purchase. Trip Central has a great grid to compare prices and would be useful to the OP.