• Aug 29th, 2021 10:55 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2646 posts
525 upvotes

Good anti fog spray?

Need one for glasses, my son fogs up with a mask and wondering what people use? Thanks!
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
5860 posts
1348 upvotes
rural ontario
Shove the mask high on your nose as possible to keep exhaling off the lens.
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
Nov 27, 2020
259 posts
500 upvotes
mtlboy wrote: Need one for glasses, my son fogs up with a mask and wondering what people use? Thanks!
Try the old glasses-wearing hockey player method.

1. In a spray/mist bottle combine 50% water, 50% liquid dish soap. The little bottles of eyeglass cleaner you get when buying glasses work perfectly for this.
2. mist lenses in and out - MIST, not spray.
3. allow to dry.
4. Wipe clean GENTLY.
5. Bye bye fog.

But honestly, my whole family wears glasses and practices mask wearing constantly. If you are using a surgical mask correctly, there will be no fog. Not as easy with thick cloth masks, consider switching to surgical to solve this problem for good.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3816 posts
931 upvotes
Toronto
I am going to ask the optometrist about anti-fog lenses because I want to know. I expect the price tag will be very high, but I am curious because I did read about the anti-fog lenses on the Association's website. But it also mentioned a spray as per the OP. The blurb said to keep costs down a spray is Plan B, which of course leads me to believe that the coating (if it even lasts) is very expensive. I have been following the very, very few reports of the issue regarding people over 65 and under 19 who will be cut off from optometrist services on Sept. 1.