Shopping Discussion

good/bad parking/in-store stories anyone?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2004 10:29 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2004
2032 posts
178 upvotes
Live AT, Work FL, Ho…

good/bad parking/in-store stories anyone?

I got one. Went to FS. Waiting for a spot as this person is pulling out. Out of nowhere, a car appears?! I go WTF? I see that the opposite side is empty and the fella just drove right thru so he can face out. I was furious and jumped out of the car yelling at him. He just looks stupidly and say he doesn't understand english. Fine. Since he didn't know what I was saying, I told him to move his car back 1 spot in in as simple terms as possible. He said no, cuz he wanted to head out first with an European accent. I say it's 10 seconds of work before someone pulls in again and said I waited in the parking lot for 20 minutes. He still refuses. I yelled some obsenities at him as I turned around. He a daughter w/ him that's in her teens so the last thing I said right before I entered my car "What a ****ing great role model you are for your kids!" as loud as I can and then strangely, his English skills dramtically improved, with no accent, yelling back "Yeah, **** you too". I'm glad the daughter heard.

Edit: I'd like to hear about some in-store stories as well. I know there's a thread discussing about ppl cutting in line for FS and BB...but just put whatever stories you have from that day in here!
70 replies
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
23811 posts
5478 upvotes
where I belong
Aristophanes wrote:I got one. Went to FS. Waiting for a spot as this person is pulling out. Out of nowhere, a car appears?! I go WTF? I see that the opposite side is empty and the fella just drove right thru so he can face out. I was furious and jumped out of the car yelling at him. He just looks stupidly and say he doesn't understand english. Fine. Since he didn't know what I was saying, I told him to move his car back 1 spot in in as simple terms as possible. He said no, cuz he wanted to head out first with an European accent. I say it's 10 seconds of work before someone pulls in again and said I waited in the parking lot for 20 minutes. He still refuses. I yelled some obsenities at him as I turned around. He a daughter w/ him that's in her teens so the last thing I said right before I entered my car "What a ****ing great role model you are for your kids!" as loud as I can and then strangely, his English skills dramtically improved, with no accent, yelling back "Yeah, **** you too". I'm glad the daughter heard.
Scratch the car? Ha ha, I never suggested that
Or continue waiting behind his car so he can't come out the lot?

I'd stay just to make him not able to leave at all when he's done
but YES, I'd be insanely mad
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1729 posts
64 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Good for You!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate people who steal parking spaces of those who were waiting and waiting, ever so patiently.
Looking for an educational source to help pass your G1 written driving test? Check out DrivingTests101.com
It helped me pass my test and had a lot of great resources!
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
3919 posts
136 upvotes
what people do to get the bargains, boxing day gets the best of us.
Sep 9, 2003
770 posts
86 upvotes
Calgary
This morning at FS. A guy got into his car to leave so I stopped and turned on my left turn blinker to take his spot. The guy backed out towards me, as he shifted from reverse to drive the car behind me went around me on the DRIVERS side and pulled into the spot. I was absolutely jaw-dropped, I had never seen such audacity. I wish it hadn't been so early, I just didn't have the energy. I lay on my horn and gave him the finger as he got out and jogged into the store, giving me the "oh gee so sorry" look.
Signs you're a postwhore:
1) You say "I got that cheaper", but don't say where, or when.
2) Your post contains less than 5 words.
3) Your post contains more than 5 words, but none of them are about the topic of the thread.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2004
7392 posts
267 upvotes
BC
malbadon wrote:This morning at FS. A guy got into his car to leave so I stopped and turned on my left turn blinker to take his spot. The guy backed out towards me, as he shifted from reverse to drive the car behind me went around me on the DRIVERS side and pulled into the spot. I was absolutely jaw-dropped, I had never seen such audacity. I wish it hadn't been so early, I just didn't have the energy. I lay on my horn and gave him the finger as he got out and jogged into the store, giving me the "oh gee so sorry" look.

holy smoke. i don't know what to say except "key his car "
insert witty comment
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7347 posts
740 upvotes
Toronto
If I was quick enough and could get keys in hand in that situation, I probably would have atleast pointed at his car, waved at key at him and smiled mischievously.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2004
3888 posts
272 upvotes
mmmm don't really have a good story but I had a hella time getting out, waited like 10 mins to get outta the damn spot.
Sep 21, 2001
980 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
I headed over to Markville Mall at about 3pm. I have been circling for minutes with no luck in finding a spot. Then, I saw a lady crossing in front of my car. I let her passed and followed her by making a right turn, hoping that I was lucky. As I followed her along, I gave a right turn signal as well. There was another 50ish guy waiting on my driver side, facing in the opposite direction. As soon as he saw the lady moving, he reversed and gave a signal as well. I was like: "let's see who has a better luck." I was right that the lady was indeed parking on my passenger side, except that she was too far forward from where I was and a car was waiting in front of me already. So, I was ready to go, but the guy waiting in the opposite direction would not let me through. I gave him a (not offensive) gesture asking him to yield. To my surprise, he rolled his window down and complaint: "People have been waiting and what's wrong with me?" He pretended that he was ready to jump out of his car and beat me up. His wife was sitting beside him, but I was by myself so I didn't want to get into trouble with no witness. In return, I asked him the same question. He then swore at me and gave me the finger. I had the perfect right to park the spot more (if the car in front of me was not there) than he did. He was just stopping there waiting for ANY available spot, signalled seconds after I did, and had to reverse a long way if the spot was available. Not to mention that I didn't even get the spot. How could he complain when he wasn't right? Just because he could not find a spot? If he did jump out of his car, I would have rolled up the window and let him do any damages to my car (an old one anyways) as he wished. I would then let him go, take down his license plate number, report him to the police, and wish him a merry X'mas.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3726 posts
2261 upvotes
Toronto
frogger wrote:If I was quick enough and could get keys in hand in that situation, I probably would have atleast pointed at his car, waved at key at him and smiled mischievously.
reminds me...one year there were 4 or 5 of us in the car waiting for a spot, and some prick just just came around and took it from us. he got out and started for the mall...2 of the other guys got out of our car and just stood in front of his car, and the dude just kept looking back every 2 seconds...when he was about 15-20 feet from the mall entrance, he came back to his car didn't even say anything to my friends as he walked past them and took off :razz:
my friends were never going to do anything to his car though...
Penalty Box
Dec 25, 2004
2276 posts
224 upvotes
Why not just order online and avoid the jerks?
Sep 9, 2003
770 posts
86 upvotes
Calgary
well....they only let me buy one pair of Athena AS-B2's online, so I needed to visit a few FS's to complete my HT :cheesygri
Signs you're a postwhore:
1) You say "I got that cheaper", but don't say where, or when.
2) Your post contains less than 5 words.
3) Your post contains more than 5 words, but none of them are about the topic of the thread.
Penalty Box
Dec 25, 2004
2276 posts
224 upvotes
I bought the Athena B2s too! First time I had them in my cart, got kicked off at checkout and when I got back in it said they were OOS, but later on they were back in stock. Only one pair for me though - but I only need rears.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16627 posts
6886 upvotes
Aristophanes wrote:I got one. Went to FS. Waiting for a spot as this person is pulling out. Out of nowhere, a car appears?! I go WTF? I see that the opposite side is empty and the fella just drove right thru so he can face out. I was furious and jumped out of the car yelling at him. He just looks stupidly and say he doesn't understand english. Fine. Since he didn't know what I was saying, I told him to move his car back 1 spot in in as simple terms as possible. He said no, cuz he wanted to head out first with an European accent. I say it's 10 seconds of work before someone pulls in again and said I waited in the parking lot for 20 minutes. He still refuses. I yelled some obsenities at him as I turned around. He a daughter w/ him that's in her teens so the last thing I said right before I entered my car "What a ****ing great role model you are for your kids!" as loud as I can and then strangely, his English skills dramtically improved, with no accent, yelling back "Yeah, **** you too". I'm glad the daughter heard.
What's wrong with that? It's not like he intentionally stole your spot.

I like to drive straight out rather than reverse too. It's actually a lot safer in a busy parking lot to do it this way.

You need to find something better to take all that tension away because it's you who made the fool of yourself.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2004
2032 posts
178 upvotes
Live AT, Work FL, Ho…
TrevorK wrote:What's wrong with that? It's not like he intentionally stole your spot.

I like to drive straight out rather than reverse too. It's actually a lot safer in a busy parking lot to do it this way.

You need to find something better to take all that tension away because it's you who made the fool of yourself.
I know he didn't intentionally take it but I did ask him to move and explained that I've been waiting a long time with my blinkers on but he gave me BS. It's sorta like someone cutting in line (and we all know how much that sucks) and then rubbing it in your face. I mean, he had a spot on the opposite side already and there was a line of cars waiting on my side.

It's funny...when I rushed out of the car pissed, the lady parking next to him had this freaked out look on her face. Ah well....another boxing day, another year! Let's see what's in store for next year.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
12042 posts
2193 upvotes
Mississauga
For those of you who Boxing Day shop at Heartland in Mississauga, a great tip for next year is to park in Rona's parking lot and just cross the street to get to Future Shop and Best Buy. It saves tons of time and aggravation as the odds of getting a parking spot at either of the electronics stores on Boxing Day is practically nil.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16627 posts
6886 upvotes
Aristophanes wrote:I know he didn't intentionally take it but I did ask him to move and explained that I've been waiting a long time with my blinkers on but he gave me BS. It's sorta like someone cutting in line (and we all know how much that sucks) and then rubbing it in your face. I mean, he had a spot on the opposite side already and there was a line of cars waiting on my side.

It's funny...when I rushed out of the car pissed, the lady parking next to him had this freaked out look on her face. Ah well....another boxing day, another year! Let's see what's in store for next year.
No, it's more like you walking towards a cashier, and he jumps lines to the one you were walking towards.

The spot was open, and as far as he could see no one was taking it. Why should he move if he prefers to drive straight out? It's by far the safest way in a busy parking lot.

I just can't believe you try to justify your anger.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3726 posts
2261 upvotes
Toronto
TrevorK wrote:No, it's more like you walking towards a cashier, and he jumps lines to the one you were walking towards.

The spot was open, and as far as he could see no one was taking it. Why should he move if he prefers to drive straight out? It's by far the safest way in a busy parking lot.

I just can't believe you try to justify your anger.
oh give him a break...I'm sure I'd be pissed if i was waiting for a spot and another guy took it from the other side. I'm sure that guy knew people were waiting on that (Aristophanes') side, especially today of all days...
Feb 23, 2004
45 posts
My friends and I were watching the parking lot action from a window on a mall's second floor. We got to see two cars signalling for the same spot, one car finally getting it, and the angry argument that ensued. We were so tempted to go downstairs and congratulate the winner. Yes, we have no life.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)