Shopping Discussion

good/bad parking/in-store stories anyone?

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2004 10:29 pm
Tags:
None
Sr. Member
May 28, 2003
546 posts
TrevorK are you new in driving? Why are you crossing a SOLID WHITE/YELLOW line? Please re-evluate your driving skills. Let's see your try to pull a stunt like that infront of a police officer; first you will be fined for improper lane change.

I went to Pacific Mall on the 25th, filled with idiots. I'm keeping 1" copper pipes in my car next time to retaliate. Do you know how to cut cookie dough? With a sharp metal object -> cookie cutter.

Do not scratch cars, that's nonsense and is easily caught.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 7, 2003
7234 posts
2027 upvotes
T dot 6
I was extremely lucky and was at the right place at the right time and didnt wait long but there were cars circling everywhere like sharks.

I thought someone was going to steal my spot for a sec, if they did, I think I would snap and do something bad to their car.

Boxing day brings out the crazy in ppl. People dont just fight for parking, Ive seen people fight for merchandise. Its the best free entertainment going, IMO.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Newbie
Oct 18, 2004
29 posts
remember, parking etiquette on boxing day is non-existent.

next time some gets mad at you, say "merry christmas"
Member
User avatar
Mar 30, 2004
466 posts
6 upvotes
SuDs wrote:remember, parking etiquette on boxing day is non-existent.

next time some gets mad at you, say "merry christmas"
i would love to see the look on your face when they say "**** you too!" :cheesygri
Jr. Member
Feb 11, 2003
139 posts
at826 wrote:i saw some crazy china woman standing in a parking spot at yorkdale on her cell phone... probably telling her husband/ bf that she found a spot... geez.. *rolling eyes*... how disgusting is that....
As I was travelling through the GTA, I noticed there were cars backed up out onto the 401 Eastbound waiting to exit at Yorkdale. This was at approximately 2:30pm. What a nightmare.
Newbie
Nov 8, 2003
30 posts
Mississauga, Ontario
Aristophanes wrote:I got one. Went to FS. Waiting for a spot as this person is pulling out. Out of nowhere, a car appears?! I go WTF? I see that the opposite side is empty and the fella just drove right thru so he can face out. I was furious and jumped out of the car yelling at him. He just looks stupidly and say he doesn't understand english. Fine. Since he didn't know what I was saying, I told him to move his car back 1 spot in in as simple terms as possible. He said no, cuz he wanted to head out first with an European accent. I say it's 10 seconds of work before someone pulls in again and said I waited in the parking lot for 20 minutes. He still refuses. I yelled some obsenities at him as I turned around. He a daughter w/ him that's in her teens so the last thing I said right before I entered my car "What a ****ing great role model you are for your kids!" as loud as I can and then strangely, his English skills dramtically improved, with no accent, yelling back "Yeah, **** you too". I'm glad the daughter heard.

Man, I would totally double park that guy! And then when he came out, i'd be talking in a Euro accent saying that "i don't speak english!"
Sr. Member
Dec 1, 2003
757 posts
38 upvotes
at826 wrote:i saw some crazy china woman standing in a parking spot at yorkdale on her cell phone... probably telling her husband/ bf that she found a spot... geez.. *rolling eyes*... how disgusting is that....
"china woman" ?
> :(

You think we're living in a more enlightened age, and then you see something like this.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
4776 posts
248 upvotes
Winnipeg
I avoid the parking lots completely and park several blocks away (usually a residential street or side street) and WALK to the store. Several advantages:

1) No need to fight over a parking spot.
2) Instead of waiting in the car, I'm in the store getting at the good deals first.
3) No need to fight my way OUT of the parking lot after I finish shopping.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 12, 2004
10651 posts
1392 upvotes
Brampton
cipher wrote:I avoid the parking lots completely and park several blocks away (usually a residential street or side street) and WALK to the store. Several advantages:

1) No need to fight over a parking spot.
2) Instead of waiting in the car, I'm in the store getting at the good deals first.
3) No need to fight my way OUT of the parking lot after I finish shopping.
my exact same strategy!
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.
Banned
Dec 26, 2004
50 posts
at826 wrote:i saw some crazy china woman standing in a parking spot at yorkdale on her cell phone... probably telling her husband/ bf that she found a spot... geez.. *rolling eyes*... how disgusting is that....
ya, one time, i went to the mall and then it was packed, the parking was nil. We were scanning the lot, hoping soemthing would open ups and then we sees it, a guy standing in a PARKING SPACE, probably reserving it for someones, boy, did we want it bad, we wuz mad, and peoples were honking and swearing at him as they pass by, we were driving by and looks back, and we see some guys in a car drive by him and egg him a couple timez, LOL ROFL HAHA, ya, we just laffed at hims, that will teach him to take taht parking space
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 6, 2003
855 posts
30 upvotes
Mississauga
gromitlad wrote:"china woman" ?
> :(

You think we're living in a more enlightened age, and then you see something like this.
Its right up there with "white trash" so take a seat.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 2, 2002
1348 posts
114 upvotes
TrevorK wrote: The spot was open, and as far as he could see no one was taking it. Why should he move if he prefers to drive straight out? It's by far the safest way in a busy parking lot.
If he was so concerned about his parking lot safety he could've just reversed into his original spot. Rather this gentleman was taking advantage of the situation and failed to other parties request gesture to move his car.

I keep a bottle of unlabled brake fluid in my trunk for people like this; no need to damage my keys.

Personally for December 24 and December 26. I usually borrow an old 4WD pick up truck; and just park it anywhere on the medians, grass, or snowbanks.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16622 posts
6883 upvotes
Kevin T wrote:TrevorK are you new in driving? Why are you crossing a SOLID WHITE/YELLOW line? Please re-evluate your driving skills. Let's see your try to pull a stunt like that infront of a police officer; first you will be fined for improper lane change.

I went to Pacific Mall on the 25th, filled with idiots. I'm keeping 1" copper pipes in my car next time to retaliate. Do you know how to cut cookie dough? With a sharp metal object -> cookie cutter.

Do not scratch cars, that's nonsense and is easily caught.

Haha - you must be new at driving.

You think a police officer will ticket you for "improper lane change" when you cross the yellow line between parking spots?

hahahaha - Why aren't they out there in full force ticketing anyone who's a hair over? Exactly.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16622 posts
6883 upvotes
Kenneth wrote:If he was so concerned about his parking lot safety he could've just reversed into his original spot. Rather this gentleman was taking advantage of the situation and failed to other parties request gesture to move his car.

I keep a bottle of unlabled brake fluid in my trunk for people like this; no need to damage my keys.

Personally for December 24 and December 26. I usually borrow an old 4WD pick up truck; and just park it anywhere on the medians, grass, or snowbanks.
You're making no sense.

If he feels safer driving with his front end out rather than reversing, why would he reverse back into a spot? It does not make sense on his part.

Brake fluid eh? Just remember, what goes around comes around. You do that, and you'll get yours too.

EDIT: Now I'm not saying what the guy did by driving through was courteous - it was not. But that's no reason for the poster to lash out at him like that.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2003
2477 posts
326 upvotes
cipher wrote:I avoid the parking lots completely and park several blocks away (usually a residential street or side street) and WALK to the store. Several advantages:

1) No need to fight over a parking spot.
2) Instead of waiting in the car, I'm in the store getting at the good deals first.
3) No need to fight my way OUT of the parking lot after I finish shopping.
But what if you're buying some large items? You're gonna lug it several blocks?
Jr. Member
Jun 18, 2002
193 posts
TrevorK wrote:What's wrong with that? It's not like he intentionally stole your spot.

I like to drive straight out rather than reverse too. It's actually a lot safer in a busy parking lot to do it this way.

You need to find something better to take all that tension away because it's you who made the fool of yourself.

he didnt back up. that guy with the fake european accent was being an *******..
Jr. Member
Jun 18, 2002
193 posts
at826 wrote:i saw some crazy china woman standing in a parking spot at yorkdale on her cell phone... probably telling her husband/ bf that she found a spot... geez.. *rolling eyes*... how disgusting is that....

wtf is with your racist comment


MOD: please ban this guy
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 2, 2002
1348 posts
114 upvotes
TrevorK wrote:You're making no sense.

If he feels safer driving with his front end out rather than reversing, why would he reverse back into a spot? It does not make sense on his part.
You do understand why it's safer to park with your front wheels outward? Since you have the ability to see the roadway easier when trying to pull out of the spot. It's common sense to reverse into the spot since you have a clear view of the roadwary already.
Brake fluid eh? Just remember, what goes around comes around. You do that, and you'll get yours too.
Notice why I drive an old pick up truck for the holiday season shopping :cheesygri . Not that i'm scared of what the other party might do; it's just an easier method of retalliation.
EDIT: Now I'm not saying what the guy did by driving through was courteous - it was not. But that's no reason for the poster to lash out at him like that.
The poster had plenty of reason to lash out at him. People tend to get away with plenty of this rude behaviour in Canada now. The original poster started with a sensible request; but the other motorist was being ignorant.
Sr. Member
Dec 1, 2003
757 posts
38 upvotes
BuddyGuy wrote:Its right up there with "white trash" so take a seat.
Who said anything about "white trash"? I certainly didn't.
at826 wrote:how is the racist?? she is a woman from china.. hence china woman.... ;)

fyi: i'm chinese.. sooo i'm racist against my own race??? :confused:
How do you, or the original poster know she was from China? Did he ask for her passport? Not every asian person appreciates being labelled as "chinese", much less "China woman".

"Chinese" isn't a race, any more than "Canadian" is.

All this said, I would also have found the woman's actions (standing in a parking spot) pretty annoying; I'd have been pissed too.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 30, 2003
3111 posts
192 upvotes
TrevorK wrote:You're making no sense.

If he feels safer driving with his front end out rather than reversing, why would he reverse back into a spot? It does not make sense on his part.

Brake fluid eh? Just remember, what goes around comes around. You do that, and you'll get yours too.

EDIT: Now I'm not saying what the guy did by driving through was courteous - it was not. But that's no reason for the poster to lash out at him like that.
im sure you would love it whenever you found a parking spot someone from the other lane would just park into your spot. Then by the time you went around to the other lane the spot would be taken and then you'd have to wait for a parking spot for 40 min because its just "easier" for someone to steal your parking spot and park forward.

I hope this happends to you everytime you find a parking spot.

Top