Shopping Discussion

good/bad parking/in-store stories anyone?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2004 10:29 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 18, 2002
193 posts
at826 wrote:how is the racist?? she is a woman from china.. hence china woman.... ;)

fyi: i'm chinese.. sooo i'm racist against my own race??? :confused:

So you would perfer people to call you a china man instead of a Chinese man? One can be racist toward his own race. Is rare but it does occur..
Jun 18, 2002
193 posts
dre145 wrote:im sure you would love it when ever you found a parking spot someone form the other lane would just park into your spot. then by the time you went around to the other land the spot would be taken. and then you'd have to wait for a parking spot for 40 min because its just "easier" for someone to steal your parking spot and park forward.

I hope this happends to you everytime you find a parking spot.

So do I. :cheesygri
Banned
Jan 3, 2004
2852 posts
8 upvotes
anyone see a yellow minicooper with 2 black stripes? :cheesygri
Nov 26, 2003
384 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
joeb wrote:he didnt back up. that guy with the fake european accent was being an *******..
Agreed. It's not actually legal to pull through in a parking lot (never legal to cross a solid line). It's done out of convenience and laziness... you should back in instead. If you ever do it, you must be damn sure you don't take someone else's spot.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16627 posts
6886 upvotes
dre145 wrote:im sure you would love it whenever you found a parking spot someone from the other lane would just park into your spot. Then by the time you went around to the other lane the spot would be taken and then you'd have to wait for a parking spot for 40 min because its just "easier" for someone to steal your parking spot and park forward.

I hope this happends to you everytime you find a parking spot.
Of course I wouldn't like it.

But I also wouldn't act like a 5 year old about it too.

I believe that's called maturity, and some of us have it (But apparently not you).
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16627 posts
6886 upvotes
roy wrote:Agreed. It's not actually legal to pull through in a parking lot (never legal to cross a solid line). It's done out of convenience and laziness... you should back in instead. If you ever do it, you must be damn sure you don't take someone else's spot.
There is no law against crossing the solid yellow line in a parking lot/private property - if you believe there is, pull up the exact offense and show that it is applicable on private property.

While you're at it, explain why some parking lots (At least out here) use white lines, while other parking lots use yellow. These colours have obvious significance on the street, but you'll need to explain how come there's a discrepancy in parking lots when you claim it's the law.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10006 posts
835 upvotes
Toronto
jerryhung wrote:Scratch the car? Ha ha, I never suggested that
Or continue waiting behind his car so he can't come out the lot?

I'd stay just to make him not able to leave at all when he's done
but YES, I'd be insanely mad
scratch the car.. yeah the guy would have it comming to him if he does stupid things like that.

I'd had this one time this retarted lady and her kids, she decides to park a half spot of a parking space at the end of the lot, where only 1 lane of cars can come throught.. start to yell at her you can't park here, tells me this is a spot, yeah, but do you have any common sence that other cars have to drive throught this area?? idiot! some people!
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10006 posts
835 upvotes
Toronto
yeah and some indian lady butts infront of me, talking to her mommy to hand over her good that she is buying, I'd tell her very loudly, why are you infront of me, I am here linded up waiting to pay, and you here butt in, told her to get in the back of the line, there was like 30 other people looking and watching.. haha boy that made her move!!! thats right! you have no right to bud in!!
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1364 posts
47 upvotes
It is fun to read all these threads, and yes, there are just too many jerks like these in our community.

I guess I am pretty lucky this year, whenever I go, I can park without even waiting for a spot, every place that I went , there is somehow an open spot for me.... :D ..oh well, but this year's boxing day sale is not as good as last years, I suppose it is because ppl have more money to spend befreo Christmas this year so after boxing day they don't have very much overstock that they need to get rid of or something...
Nov 26, 2003
384 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
TrevorK wrote:There is no law against crossing the solid yellow line in a parking lot/private property - if you believe there is, pull up the exact offense and show that it is applicable on private property.

While you're at it, explain why some parking lots (At least out here) use white lines, while other parking lots use yellow. These colours have obvious significance on the street, but you'll need to explain how come there's a discrepancy in parking lots when you claim it's the law.
As far as I know, solid white or yellow lines are used to indicate that they shouldn't be crossed (e.g. they use solid white lines when you can't change lanes, solid yellow lines when you can't change lanes into oncoming traffic for passing purposes).

But you might have a point with private property... not sure how that works. But then by that argument, you could do whatever you want as soon as you turn into the FS parking lot... I suppose it could also be legal driving on the wrong side of the yellow line.... to me, these are technicallities, and I'm not going to look into it... there is no question that the guy driving on the wrong side, or crossing yellow lines, is wrong. They are not adhering to the conventional rules of driving.

For a difinitive answer, I suppose you could ask an insurance agent who would be at fault in a parking lot accident if one person was pulling through, and the other was parking properly.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2003
1884 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
i saw some dumb jerk pull a 360 handbrake turn in the Scarborough town center covered parking lot.

The reason being that initially he was in a very awkward position to park, so his gf gets out, stands in the spot , he then proceeds to pull the turn, the whole time slipping and sliding and almost hitting a couple of other cars and almost nailing a pedestrian. In the end he manages to park his car but it was still incredibly annoying. its a good thing my car was nowhere near his, or my heart would have jumped into my throat.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16627 posts
6886 upvotes
roy wrote:As far as I know, solid white or yellow lines are used to indicate that they shouldn't be crossed (e.g. they use solid white lines when you can't change lanes, solid yellow lines when you can't change lanes into oncoming traffic for passing purposes).
Jun 18, 2002
193 posts
TrevorK wrote:Of course I wouldn't like it.

But I also wouldn't act like a 5 year old about it too.

I believe that's called maturity, and some of us have it (But apparently not you).

You are the one who is failing to show any maturity because you are defensive and trying to justify an action that is obviously wrong....
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16627 posts
6886 upvotes
joeb wrote:You are the one who is failing to show any maturity because you are defensive and trying to justify an action that is obviously wrong....
Obviously wrong?

No. There was nothing "wrong".

Uncourteous?

Yes

There's a difference. Perhaps we should see if we can find a boxing day deal on a dictionary for you?
Feb 11, 2002
536 posts
31 upvotes
Calgary
TrevorK wrote:There is no law against crossing the solid yellow line in a parking lot/private property - if you believe there is, pull up the exact offense and show that it is applicable on private property.

I can't show you the exact offense but I know my friend got ticketed once here in Calgary for doing this exact thing (not during boxing day or anything). Last I heard he was going to argue it, but not sure what ever happened with it. We had the same thing happen over xmas shopping time. Went to pull into a spot and someone from the other side pulled through into that very spot. It is dangerous as we almost hit since you aren't expecting anyone to be coming straight at you. Even if it is against the law they draw the lines for a reason. Otherwise the lines would only be at the sides and not at the front as well. Its no different than someone eating up two spaces by parking over the lines and not between them. For the same reason no one should be pulling through spots. Even if its just a courtesy thing......
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3112 posts
202 upvotes
[QUOTE]There is no law against crossing the solid yellow line in a parking lot/private property - if you believe there is, pull up the exact offense and show that it is applicable on private property.[/QUOTE]
If you are so certain there is no law why dont you show us the document ? since you already know there is no law should be pretty easy to find....

[QUOTE]The only problem is that with insurance companies (At least public insurance here), you can have the exact same accident and acheivel two totally different settlements of who is at fault.[/QUOTE]

same thing here... have you went through all the claims with insurance companies and find 2 claims that were in the exact same situation and ruled different ways... If you have id like you to show me them.

now in a situation like that im sure you'd just stay quite and not even say anything if some guy took your spot. If you keep letting people get on your head they will.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2003
4173 posts
80 upvotes
Cambridge
Wow.

The guy was rude not to back up so you could have the spot given the parking lots were so crowded and finding a good spot is highly stressful.

But that's all it was. Rude to you.

Get a good rant out of your system and move on. It is hardly the last rude thing you will see.

Whether it was 'illegal' or 'dangerous' is beside the point on this. You've got an emotion happening. All the folks who talked about defacing his car have shown you support so enjoy a mental picture of ruining his car, then wake up and realize that to actually do it would be more stupid and wrong than what he did.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2003
1884 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
stevethewheel wrote:Wow.

The guy was rude not to back up so you could have the spot given the parking lots were so crowded and finding a good spot is highly stressful.

Get a good rant out of your system and move on. It is hardly the last rude thing you will see.

Whether it was 'illegal' or 'dangerous' is beside the point on this. You've got an emotion happening. All the folks who talked about defacing his car have shown you support so enjoy a mental picture of ruining his car, then wake up and realize that to actually do it would be more stupid and wrong than what he did.

Nicely put. I couldnt have dont better if i tried. ok now back to the topic, so who else has parking stories?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2004
2032 posts
178 upvotes
Live AT, Work FL, Ho…
Yikes, I haven't been back on this thread for like 3 days and there's so much discussion. I didn't have this in mind. haha. Maybe I shouldn't have started anything...

Anyway, I'm more interested in hearing about your stories from that day (dun have to be parking related). Post your stories!!! Thanks!!! :)
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3112 posts
202 upvotes
stevethewheel wrote:Wow.

I dont know who that was towards but like Aristophanes (original poster) said he hasnt been on this thread for 3 days.