Computers & Electronics

Good *canadian* source of 1U/2U rack mount servers (with online quoting & live stock check?)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2021 2:36 pm
[OP]
Aug 3, 2021
1 posts

Good *canadian* source of 1U/2U rack mount servers (with online quoting & live stock check?)

Anybody come accross a good source of 1U/2U rack mount servers in Canada?

I have looked at Dell, HPE, Lenovo, SuperMicro but I can't find a good *Canadian* source (at least reseller) that can quote in Canadian dollars and hopefully save me the hassle of border crossing custom clearance. I also look at NewEgg and Canada Computers.

There are a few good American sources, even with online quoting & stock level checks but I have not been able to find a good Canadian equivalent... Tnx!
7 replies
Oct 2, 2011
120 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
On eBay you can find one seller from Toronto another one from Calgary. Deal with Toronto one before very good service. Calgary one the price is very attractive but they don't have anything I need so far.

BTW: eBay is very good now, they pre-charge the custom fee so you don't need to care about that yourself. Only problem buying server from state is the shipping. Good price but often so expensive shipping kills the deal.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12445 posts
3671 upvotes
Are you looking for new servers or old ?
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
4321 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
GoldenEyeCa wrote: Anybody come accross a good source of 1U/2U rack mount servers in Canada?

I have looked at Dell, HPE, Lenovo, SuperMicro but I can't find a good *Canadian* source (at least reseller) that can quote in Canadian dollars and hopefully save me the hassle of border crossing custom clearance. I also look at NewEgg and Canada Computers.

There are a few good American sources, even with online quoting & stock level checks but I have not been able to find a good Canadian equivalent... Tnx!
I have an older HP proliant DL360p Gen 8 lying around I will part with if you want it. Msg me if you are interested.
Nothing to see here...keep looking.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27969 posts
13600 upvotes
Did I miss a memo where all of those companies have Canadian operations?
I've purchased quite a few Supermicros from various local computer shops.
Had a look at Dell and they price in CAD. I can't imagine that the other listed companies don't.

I honestly don't get what the issue is.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2339 posts
1358 upvotes
Calgary
kobemtl wrote: On eBay you can find one seller from Toronto another one from Calgary. Deal with Toronto one before very good service. Calgary one the price is very attractive but they don't have anything I need so far.
Who’s the Calgary seller? I may look into getting a server myself.
Dec 23, 2006
277 posts
59 upvotes
I am also having hard time find Canadian outlets for fair prices. Do you mind sharing sources for ebay.