• Jan 28th, 2020 2:26 pm
[OP]
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
314 posts
353 upvotes
Nunavut

Good cheap dentist gta area

Anyone know a decent dentist around the gta area that accepts cash/no insurance? I need cavity work.. but the handful ive called are asking 4-500 bucks just to come and get a check up.. i don't want to go to them and then get stuck while they gouge me for the actual work i need
4 replies
Jan 1, 2015
584 posts
469 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hindustunna wrote: Anyone know a decent dentist around the gta area that accepts cash/no insurance? I need cavity work.. but the handful ive called are asking 4-500 bucks just to come and get a check up.. i don't want to go to them and then get stuck while they gouge me for the actual work i need
Go to a university where you can get work done by dental students supervised by a dentist.
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13240 posts
7341 upvotes
Toronto
Good cheap dentist?

you get what you pay for,
[OP]
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
314 posts
353 upvotes
Nunavut
Swerny wrote: Good cheap dentist?

Not really, i mean look at the deals section of this site, entire site is built on the premise of getting good things for cheap. What i meant was a dentist thats not ripping you off and gives a fair price
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1462 posts
894 upvotes
Swerny wrote: Good cheap dentist?

Dentist, optometrists, urban area veterinarians, etc have built a business model where they "recommend" a set of services that they then charge a set fee for. They are supported by their respective professional association, in setting the "baseline" rates for the fees for services and justifying the basis for the services for every individual, rather than on a needs basis, after consultation.

They have become the car dealer's service departments of the professional health services world.

OP: If you are part of a community, there is a good chance that a member of that community will offer "off book" services. This doesn't mean under the table payment for work. It just means that they will do an initial consultation, quote you a flat rate for the work to be billed on your "account" and settled by your payment of choice. Most dentist don't like to do that, but some community oriented dentists will do that, specially for their less fortunate members.