None
[OP]
Aug 29, 2012
268 posts
56 upvotes
Mississauga

Good deal on 2008 impreza?

Hi

I am looking for a car and was offered a 2008 Impreza base model hatch manual shift with 210000 km's for 5k. I am not too familiar with the car so any insights would help my decision.

Mostly highway driven and always serviced at the dealer.

Thanks
6 replies
[OP]
Aug 29, 2012
268 posts
56 upvotes
Mississauga
Head gasket and breaks changed. Transmission still original.

Records available - dealer maintained

If the car is 'clean' is 5k a good deal for this car, given the year and km's? Is there something specific on this car that usually goes bad and is expensive?
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
1583 posts
141 upvotes
Thornhill
So timing belt hasn't been changed? That's about a $1k job. I believe you do it at the 160,000km interval. Having a 'clean' car doesn't mean anything,take it to a mechanic and do a compression test on the engine. Also make sure there are no oil leaks in the engine bay.
isitcheap wrote: Head gasket and breaks changed. Transmission still original.

Records available - dealer maintained

If the car is 'clean' is 5k a good deal for this car, given the year and km's? Is there something specific on this car that usually goes bad and is expensive?
[OP]
Aug 29, 2012
268 posts
56 upvotes
Mississauga
Brian99 wrote: So timing belt hasn't been changed? That's about a $1k job. I believe you do it at the 160,000km interval. Having a 'clean' car doesn't mean anything,take it to a mechanic and do a compression test on the engine. Also make sure there are no oil leaks in the engine bay.
By clean meant no distinguishable issues, or clean bill of health.

Also timing belt has been done too.
[OP]
Aug 29, 2012
268 posts
56 upvotes
Mississauga
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: Any rust?
No visible rust. Paint chips had been fixed couple years ago, but there a couple new ones.