Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 1, 2015
161 posts
25 upvotes
Guelph, ON

Is this a good deal on a 2016 Honda Civic Sedan LX with Honda sensing

Signed a 42 months lease today on a 2016 Honda Civic Sedan LX with Honda sensing package with $143.44 Bi-weekly, 20k/year and $1000 down plus Winter Tires and first Oil Change free

Is this a good deal?
14 replies
Dec 17, 2015
117 posts
227 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I wouldn't call it a steal but it's a great deal. I negotiated to $299/month, but no additional winter tires.
You should be happy :)
[OP]
Jan 1, 2015
161 posts
25 upvotes
Guelph, ON
TheWonder wrote: I wouldn't call it a steal but it's a great deal. I negotiated to $299/month, but no additional winter tires.
Haha Thanks! Did you dealer try to sell Honda lease guard? I didnt buy it. It costs an extra $18/ month
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7625 posts
5135 upvotes
Canada
TheWonder wrote: I wouldn't call it a steal but it's a great deal. I negotiated to $299/month, but no additional winter tires.
299/mo is better than 143/bi-w

143/bi-w is 311/mo

But with winter tires it ends up close
Dec 17, 2015
117 posts
227 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
lichda wrote: Haha Thanks! Did you dealer try to sell Honda lease guard? I didnt buy it. It costs an extra $18/ month
I actually walked away in the end. I can't stand high-pressure sales, he said the deal wouldn't be here if I didn't sign right now.
He said he "pulled his pants down for me", I told him if a 25 minute meeting is what he calls hard work then he's got it easy.
I work hard to make my money and simply needed a day to talk it over with my family before signing.

Needless to say, I'm not going back to that dealership; he made such a big deal about me wanting to think about it.
[OP]
Jan 1, 2015
161 posts
25 upvotes
Guelph, ON
So I have signed a lease for a new Honda civic and have not picked up the car yet.
However, I just found out that my new car has been recalled(due to the Piston Pin Snap Ring) using the VIN number. What to do now?
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2356 upvotes
TheWonder wrote: He said he "pulled his pants down for me"
How unprofessional. What a stupid thing to say.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1184 posts
572 upvotes
Kitchener. Ontario
Call the dealership. Only they can answer that. Most likely they will do the recall work before they deliver the car.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4218 posts
3142 upvotes
Markham
TheWonder wrote: I actually walked away in the end. I can't stand high-pressure sales, he said the deal wouldn't be here if I didn't sign right now.
He said he "pulled his pants down for me", I told him if a 25 minute meeting is what he calls hard work then he's got it easy.
I work hard to make my money and simply needed a day to talk it over with my family before signing.

Needless to say, I'm not going back to that dealership; he made such a big deal about me wanting to think about it.
I've bought my last two cars exclusively through email. Just walked in to sign and drive! Each time I have gotten great deals (even by RFD standards) while spending less than a few total hours writing/responding to emails and researching.

Don't waste your time walking in anymore.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18658 posts
2382 upvotes
Woodbridge
My boy bought the Sedan 2016 two weeks ago and was told they couldn't deliver it because of the recall. This was for the Infotainment though.

Dealership cancelled the deal and he bought the Coupe instead, both was the Touring trim.

I told him he should be happy because the Coupe is so much better. Not popular here but it includes Paddle Shifters and Wireless Charging. I love the new Civic Turbo I drove it last Saturday night. Didn't push it though.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Aug 5, 2011
525 posts
78 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Quick question. For lease, if you talked the dealer into giving you things along with your lease, do you need to return them at the end of the lease if you don't plan to keep the car?
Feb 7, 2009
739 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto
Are those numbers before or after tax? If after tax that seems pretty good