Automotive

Good deal? - 2019 Sorento EX Premium

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2019 7:47 am
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 7, 2019
9 posts

Good deal? - 2019 Sorento EX Premium

In Ontario, Canada.

Dealer offering $35100 all in (taxes and fees).

New 2019 Kia Sorento EX Premium Onyx Black plus:
Toyo Winters + Winter Rims + Lock Nuts
Hitch and wiring
Remote starter
Rain Visors and Hood deflector

Trading in 2011 Ford Escape Limited Grey V6 AWD 96,000KM (rusty rear fenders and trunk)

What do you guys think?
10 replies
Sr. Member
Jan 12, 2008
767 posts
323 upvotes
TDot
BellaDogg wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 1:18 pm
In Ontario, Canada.

Dealer offering $35100 all in (taxes and fees).

New 2019 Kia Sorento EX Premium Onyx Black plus:
Toyo Winters + Winter Rims + Lock Nuts
Hitch and wiring
Remote starter
Rain Visors and Hood deflector

Trading in 2011 Ford Escape Limited Grey V6 AWD 96,000KM (rusty rear fenders and trunk)

What do you guys think?
Very low KMS on the Escape, why not just fix the rust and keep it?
Sr. Member
Jul 8, 2013
510 posts
250 upvotes
Edmonton
BellaDogg wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 1:18 pm
In Ontario, Canada.

Dealer offering $35100 all in (taxes and fees).

New 2019 Kia Sorento EX Premium Onyx Black plus:
Toyo Winters + Winter Rims + Lock Nuts
Hitch and wiring
Remote starter
Rain Visors and Hood deflector

Trading in 2011 Ford Escape Limited Grey V6 AWD 96,000KM (rusty rear fenders and trunk)

What do you guys think?
Does the price ($35K) includes the trade-in credit? If so, it's not a good deal at all.

If you're getting a separate cheque for the trade-in then the $35K is indeed an excellent deal.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2001
1163 posts
375 upvotes
TuxedoBlack wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 5:38 pm
Does the price ($35K) includes the trade-in credit? If so, it's not a good deal at all.

If you're getting a separate cheque for the trade-in then the $35K is indeed an excellent deal.
I'm certain it does include the trade. This trim sells for nearly 40K before tax (after rebate). The add-ons are worth a couple of grand as well. Say 42K + tax, it sounds like he is getting 12-13K for his Escape.
Sr. Member
Jul 8, 2013
510 posts
250 upvotes
Edmonton
Prof wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 5:47 pm
I'm certain it does include the trade. This trim sells for nearly 40K before tax (after rebate). The add-ons are worth a couple of grand as well. Say 42K + tax, it sounds like he is getting 12-13K for his Escape.
If it is indeed $42K then he's getting $7K for his trade-in. Right?

Either way, the deal could be improved.
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 7, 2019
9 posts
Prof wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 5:47 pm
I'm certain it does include the trade. This trim sells for nearly 40K before tax (after rebate). The add-ons are worth a couple of grand as well. Say 42K + tax, it sounds like he is getting 12-13K for his Escape.
Yes, the dealer is offering 10K for the escape and is included to get to the 35K (taxes and fees included). So somewhere around $31000 before tax.
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 7, 2019
9 posts
IndusVally wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 5:24 pm
Very low KMS on the Escape, why not just fix the rust and keep it?
This is an option, however i'm on the fence about it. I don't want to wait too long and have very little trade in value...
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 6, 2010
10891 posts
5318 upvotes
Toronto
BellaDogg wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 9:22 pm
Yes, the dealer is offering 10K for the escape and is included to get to the 35K (taxes and fees included). So somewhere around $31000 before tax.
lol, what? $10,000 for a 8 year old rusty Ford!?!?

Which dealer is this?
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Sr. Member
Mar 16, 2007
711 posts
110 upvotes
BellaDogg wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 9:22 pm
Yes, the dealer is offering 10K for the escape and is included to get to the 35K (taxes and fees included). So somewhere around $31000 before tax.
It's not a bad deal at all, since he's throwing in about 2k worth of very useable extras. See if you can get him to drop or lower the admin and PDI. And make sure he adds the 1k celebration and 1.5k rebate.
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 7, 2019
9 posts
koffey wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 8:44 am
lol, what? $10,000 for a 8 year old rusty Ford!?!?

Which dealer is this?
The black book puts it somewhere 8500 - 11500, but I know dealers don't really follow this guideline.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 6, 2010
10891 posts
5318 upvotes
Toronto
BellaDogg wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 3:23 pm
The black book puts it somewhere 8500 - 11500, but I know dealers don't really follow this guideline.
So if that is your bb value, you can expect to get no where near that amount. Again, which dealer is it? I have a few rusty POS that I need to ditch.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

Top