Automotive

good and honest mechanic/shop in mississauga?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2017 1:23 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2003
1242 posts
145 upvotes
Brampton, ON

good and honest mechanic/shop in mississauga?

need the brakes done on my impala and require an honest place where i can get this work done in mississauga. if anyone knows of a good place, please LMK.

thanks
44 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2003
1504 posts
414 upvotes
Woodbridge
Since no one has replied, maybe there are no honest repair shops in Mississauga??? :cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6837 posts
4169 upvotes
http://www.ricksrepair.ca/

This guy keeps my 1990 Toyota Corolla going. His prices are reasonable, he is honest and his workmanship is good.

I recommend him highly!

Everyone that I have sent to him has been more than satisfied with the level of service and quality of workmanship! :)
Aug 16, 2003
331 posts
I strongly recommend AGAINST the shop on the south-east corner of Glen Erin Dr. and The Collegeway if that helps at all...

There's also a couple in Burlington that I'd avoid like the plague too.
i7 920 @3.5GHz, EVGA x58 SLI, T.R.U.E, 12GB Patriot DDR3, xfx HD6870, 180GB OCZ Vertex 2 SSD, 1TB Caviar Black, 1TB Samsung, Antec 750w PSU, DVD-RW (x3), wrapped with an NZXT Beta
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2003
1242 posts
145 upvotes
Brampton, ON
alright guys thanks for the suggestions (even though a bit late :cheesygri ). i haven't had time to take it take it to a shop yet so i'll check some of these places out.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6748 posts
962 upvotes
Etobicoke
plymouthhater wrote:http://www.ricksrepair.ca/

This guy keeps my 1990 Toyota Corolla going. His prices are reasonable, he is honest and his workmanship is good.

I recommend him highly!
Nice! Free OBD2 readings! That's rare in Canada!

BTW, where's the garage located? Can't find it on the web site. Did I miss it?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6837 posts
4169 upvotes
eelfliw wrote:Nice! Free OBD2 readings! That's rare in Canada!

BTW, where's the garage located? Can't find it on the web site. Did I miss it?
Rick works out of his house for most repairs (Erin Mills Pkwy & 403).
For larger repairs, he uses a buddy's industrial unit (I have no idea where).
He also has a horse trailer full of tools and will come to you if you pay!
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2004
2914 posts
2 upvotes
Next time I'm going to replace the brake pads myself. Everytime I bring it in to the dealership they make me resurface the rotors as well or else they won't warranty the work :evil:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
6748 posts
962 upvotes
Etobicoke
plymouthhater wrote:Rick works out of his house for most repairs (Erin Mills Pkwy & 403).
For larger repairs, he uses a buddy's industrial unit (I have no idea where).
He also has a horse trailer full of tools and will come to you if you pay!
Thanks!
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
22067 posts
715 upvotes
Newmarket
kingsley wrote:Next time I'm going to replace the brake pads myself. Everytime I bring it in to the dealership they make me resurface the rotors as well or else they won't warranty the work :evil:
you really should turn the rotors when you put new pads on, it prevents premature wear on the pads. Same reason you wouldnt change the oil filter without changing the oil.
Cdn Tire or Partssource say they'll do it for $10. ea.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2003
1504 posts
414 upvotes
Woodbridge
kingsley wrote:Next time I'm going to replace the brake pads myself. Everytime I bring it in to the dealership they make me resurface the rotors as well or else they won't warranty the work :evil:
Your rotor might require resurfacing if there is vibrations during braking or visible rust. Most quality rotors made these days do not warp. They wont warranty the work?? sounds like some sort of scam.
May 28, 2005
314 posts
what's the consensus on franchises like midas, meineke, speedy etc?

anyone have any good/bad experiences to share
Jun 7, 2005
434 posts
Mississauga
Hi,

I got my brakes done very recently. If you're willing to drive it's near Finch and Pharmacy in Scar. I think he's open Sat too. It's a two-person mechanic shop. Good and fast service (about 2 hours for me). His number is 416-502-2996 if you're interested.

He charged me $160 taxes in for my brakes.

Good luck
E-Bay Feedback
HeatWare Feedback

WTB/WTTF: small garden shed.
Dec 18, 2008
1 posts
1 upvote
I would suggest not using robinsons automotive. They told my girlfriend that a repair was only going to cost $3,000, and offered to pick up the car from our dealership. Once they had our car, they told us it was going to cost $6,000. Then, I got a bill and they'd charged me $7,500! Right on their website they promise that you'll never get surprises with the bill, yet that is exactly what they did to me.
They used all of the most expensive parts, even though that is not what I wanted since the car's a lease and we had to return it to the dealership in under 1 year. I paid extra, so the dealership could have a better car once my lease was over. Great for Robinson, great for the dealership, but not so great for me.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2002
2116 posts
43 upvotes
awesome-o wrote: what's the consensus on franchises like midas, meineke, speedy etc?

anyone have any good/bad experiences to share
Depends on the owner or manager more than the franchise. Some good, some bad.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16605 posts
4338 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Anyone got any mechanics that specialize in German cars? Benz, Audis, BMWs?
Jul 29, 2004
596 posts
86 upvotes
Calgary
thanks for the thread guys

edit: Rick is away until Aug 5th!

I am going to try out CT automotive and see what's up!

Over the phone, Chris has been really helpful! I am going to drop my car off there tonight and will update soon!
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1463 posts
135 upvotes
+1 for CT Automotive.

Chris is a great guy.
Buy/Sell/Trade with confidence, 50+ positive feedback.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)