• Jun 28th, 2016 11:58 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jun 2, 2016
46 posts
13 upvotes

Good Insurance Broker to Deal With?

Tried getting quotes from many. Many with much higher prices with the same exact company, compared to a different one. I try using online quotes, like lowestrates.ca, insurance hotline, belair direct. Many times when we get a good rate, they tell us the company cant insure us. Anyone have positive experience with a certain broker they use?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1184 posts
572 upvotes
Kitchener. Ontario
OP,

Unfortunately, everyone broker will get the same rates for you. A lot of insurers (ie. RBC) are not included on sites like Kanetix. Check them out
[OP]
Jun 2, 2016
46 posts
13 upvotes
Two secondary drivers under 25, one 21, and 23. No convictions. Some places I dont get charged for adding the third, others yes. I'm wondering what the standard is. I know if you are 25 or over, many companies dont charge you more for adding an occasional driver if there record is clean. The Primary also has one at fault accident from almost 4 years ago.

The quotes were getting range from $350-$450 for liability, with collision or full coverage, outside the GTA
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
8917 posts
1478 upvotes
Ontario
Each brokers office has different insurance companies.. different filed rules, different rates...
what is the reason companies cannot insure you?
User857544 wrote: Tried getting quotes from many. Many with much higher prices with the same exact company, compared to a different one. I try using online quotes, like lowestrates.ca, insurance hotline, belair direct. Many times when we get a good rate, they tell us the company cant insure us. Anyone have positive experience with a certain broker they use?
RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER, over 35 years experience
[OP]
Jun 2, 2016
46 posts
13 upvotes
We can get insured, but because of one minor at fault accident from almost 4 years ago, many tell us that can insure us even after we fill out the online quote
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
8917 posts
1478 upvotes
Ontario
if you want to discuss in a pm, perhaps I can look at it for you..
User857544 wrote: We can get insured, but because of one minor at fault accident from almost 4 years ago, many tell us that can insure us even after we fill out the online quote
RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER, over 35 years experience
Jun 15, 2016
321 posts
209 upvotes
If you would like me to have a look at it let me know, I'm a licensed insurance broker and can offer you my honest advice.