Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
7791 posts
290 upvotes

Good Japanese food on yonge?

I know there is a lot of Jap rest on Yonge from Sheppard to Steele. However I dont know which one is good. I usually eat sushi and sashimi. I am looking for a place with good quality food and not so expensive.

I used to go to the ichiban on spring garden because it is closed to my home, but their sashimi rice box is not quite good anymore the last time I went.
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
18 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2004
1645 posts
12 upvotes
elty wrote:I know there is a lot of Jap rest on Yonge from Sheppard to Steele. However I dont know which one is good. I usually eat sushi and sashimi. I am looking for a place with good quality food and not so expensive.

I used to go to the ichiban on spring garden because it is closed to my home, but their sashimi rice box is not quite good anymore the last time I went.
i believe there is a sakura located in that region you pointed out. Not sure where it is exactly, but my friend who lives nearby always goes to this location. will repost after i get specific address details from him. perhaps you've passed by this place already
Heatware: 40-0-0
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
7791 posts
290 upvotes
so that crappy store is actually good? (I said it is crappy because the outside look quite crappy)

I tried the one call Crazy Sushi or soemthing, it is so bad :(
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
Oct 4, 2004
380 posts
Markham, ON
elty wrote:so that crappy store is actually good? (I said it is crappy because the outside look quite crappy)

I tried the one call Crazy Sushi or soemthing, it is so bad :(

I thought you said not quite expensive food ... Crazy Sushi is the most expensive but least quality Jap Food. Most of the Jap Rest in that region are opened up by Korean people ... so you might be eating a mixture of Korean and Jap food in that area ... if you don't mind going a bit South on Yonge ... there is a place called "Sushi Rock" (Eglinton and Yonge) ... that place has pretty good quality w/ a fair price.
Mar 29, 2004
74 posts
GTA
Sushi Bong is just a little north of Empress Ave.

It's a tiny restaurant at the back of the 24h Dominion's (beneath the condo). it won't even fit a party of 15.

The owner, Mr. Bong is very very generous.. the specialty hand rolls are always huge, and the fish is always fresh. try the dynamite, or the dragon roll.
this place really is a hidden gem.

http://www.toronto.com/profile/807266/
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
4752 posts
315 upvotes
Ancaster
There's always Sapporo on Yonge and Olive (I believe).

Though my new fav is Ginza at Finch between Leslie and Bayview.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1536 posts
419 upvotes
Toronto
I like My Sushi. It's 1 or 2 blocks south of No Frills (and where Future Shop use to be) on the West side of Yonge.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1536 posts
419 upvotes
Toronto
susi_h wrote:Sushi Bong is just a little north of Empress Ave.

If you think that place is a hidden gem then you should to my place. ;)

Sorry, I'm just kidding. I just couldn't help it. :cheesygri
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Banned
Jun 22, 2004
293 posts
vietnam/toronto
susi_h wrote: The owner, Mr. Bong is very very generous.. the specialty hand rolls are always huge, and the fish is always fresh. try the dynamite, or the dragon roll.

Well my party of 6 took your advice and went there last night. There must have been some personal problems w/the owner?/sushi chef, because our sushi NEVER came out and he was on the phone the entire time. Actually some cooked appetizers came out. There was only like 2 other tables in the restaurant so I know they were not busy. I peeked in the kitchen and there was no one there. It was bizarre. When I asked the server (who was VERY NICE) where our food was, the owner told "I'm sorry, just leave." Our table was in shock! We didn't even inquire angrily. We waited for the bill, and he just told us to leave without paying. It was so bizarre!!
Aug 13, 2004
316 posts
1 upvote
felixdd wrote:There's always Sapporo on Yonge and Olive (I believe).
Second that. Been there its very good :lol:
Mar 31, 2004
312 posts
1 upvote
Sapporo is good. They are the first sushi place that I went to that gives uni on a sashimi boat.

Chris
Deal Guru
Sep 14, 2003
10366 posts
211 upvotes
Mississauga
ds2chan wrote:I like My Sushi. It's 1 or 2 blocks south of No Frills (and where Future Shop use to be) on the West side of Yonge.
That's the place with AYCE, at the foot of an apartment building, right?

I've been there. Very yummy. End up leaving full every time.
Banned
May 31, 2004
50 posts
toronto ontario
danfromwaterloo wrote:That's the place with AYCE, at the foot of an apartment building, right?

I've been there. Very yummy. End up leaving full every time.
Terrible food, surly and rude staff. DON'T GO!!! The sushi tasted off as did the enoki mushrooms. As if that weren't bad enough, even though there were 6 (yes, count 'em 6) "hostesses" at the desk, they made us stand around and wait to be seated. Our waiter was rude, couldn't bring our dishes at the same time. Made me wait until my wife was almost through to bring one of mine, and it was cold (wasn't sushi!).

the fish was of poor quality, as well. i will NOT be returning to this restaurant.
"Don't ask me, I don't know anything! I'm a product of American Education System. I also build poor quality cars and inferior style
electronics."
Aug 13, 2004
316 posts
1 upvote
ds2chan wrote:I like My Sushi. It's 1 or 2 blocks south of No Frills (and where Future Shop use to be) on the West side of Yonge.
been there too.. its yummy :lol: