• May 15th, 2020 7:57 am
[OP]
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
1847 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto

GOOD LIFE Fitness Set To Open For Business

On Canada Day July 1st. And even at that date it will be only by online appointment and 15 people at a time, with a minimum of 3 meters distance and intense equipment sanitizing before, during and after. Masks will be mandatory while working out.

Do you think its worth it to go?
Last edited by MusicBox on May 5th, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
45 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4792 posts
398 upvotes
GTA
WTF.. my costly yearly membership :(
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2278 posts
470 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
If they plan on doing that, they are going to have to pay me back every penny for my membership. I have a prepaid yearly corporate membership, that I only got 2 weeks out of before everything closed down.
Dec 18, 2014
198 posts
288 upvotes
GTA
Working out with a mask on... no thanks =/
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2009
1126 posts
571 upvotes
Toronto
MusicBox wrote: On Canada Day July 1st. And even at that date it will be only by online appointment and 15 people at a time, with a minimum of 3 meters distance and intense equipment sanitizing before, during and after. Masks will be mandatory while working out.

Do you think its worth it to go?
I heard they are going province by province first...

and 15 people at a time? The line ups will be an hour long to get in during peak hours. Personally I wont be renewing my membership until at least the Winter if they open by then. Being quarantined made me realize and appreciate how much I can get done with just dumbbells, a bench and body weight
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1673 posts
1928 upvotes
15 people? Some locations are massive over several floors. Will need to see how this will work in reality. Well, at least there won't be used towels all over the floors in the change room.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2012
2108 posts
3265 upvotes
Toronto
Lol. I feel better about my Costco adjustable dumbbell purchase now.
[OP]
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
1847 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto
maple1 wrote: 15 people? Some locations are massive over several floors. Will need to see how this will work in reality. Well, at least there won't be used towels all over the floors in the change room.
Well the bigger the location is the more people they can absorb at one time, as long as they are 3 meters apart.
Oct 8, 2005
875 posts
103 upvotes
i'm gonna see if they can put a pause on my membership for the time being since this just does not do justice to anyone. It's going to be a war trying to get a gym appointment with this system lol. If they included personal training start to finish "MAYBE" its worth it??
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2004
5350 posts
1532 upvotes
Toronto
I would consider going without a question - I'm not in a high risk group and there are many things that would kill me before covid would. Anyone who is young and healthy and still fearful is just being irrational.

That being said the restrictions are WAY too strict. I can't possibly work out with a mask on and 15 people is not enough.
Mar 15, 2012
56 posts
16 upvotes
TORONTO
Can you please share the source of this info?
Sep 3, 2018
296 posts
162 upvotes
jriggz wrote: Can you please share the source of this info?
Yeah I am curious on this as well.
15 people at one time only? I don't think I will ever get in after work
[OP]
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
1847 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto
LOL looks like July 1 opening date has been pushed even further back. So now its going to be a Province by Province opening, starting with the least infected ones such as maybe New Brunswick?

Ontario might be dead last. Also not all pieces of equipment will be opened, those that have the most hand contacting will be closed.

https://beta.cp24.com/news/2020/5/4/1_4924066.html
Banned
Apr 25, 2020
722 posts
558 upvotes
M1C
MusicBox wrote: On Canada Day July 1st. And even at that date it will be only by online appointment and 15 people at a time, with a minimum of 3 meters distance and intense equipment sanitizing before, during and after. Masks will be mandatory while working out.
There is a thread in the "Sports & Recreation" forum on this topic created by @MyNameWasTaken

GoodLife boss works out plan to rejig, safely reopen clubs by Canada Day

The information in that thread does not match yours. Where did you get this information?
[OP]
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
1847 posts
596 upvotes
Toronto
Soichiro wrote: There is a thread in the "Sports & Recreation" forum on this topic created by @MyNameWasTaken

GoodLife boss works out plan to rejig, safely reopen clubs by Canada Day

The information in that thread does not match yours. Where did you get this information?
My location can only hold 15 to 20 people if they are going to be 3 meters apart. Do the math.
Jun 4, 2013
679 posts
235 upvotes
Vancouver
Wearing a mask when working out. Good luck with that. I think they should just keep it close for a year or two. people who purchase their membership should get a full refund coz who wants to work out with a mask on
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
1472 posts
2066 upvotes
West
sponge5307 wrote: Wearing a mask when working out. Good luck with that. I think they should just keep it close for a year or two. people who purchase their membership should get a full refund coz who wants to work out with a mask on
Doubt there will be a Good Life in existence if they close for a "year or two". It's about economic interests, in this case. I wonder if they'll even deny refunds/freezes of membership fees just due to the fact that they're "open". Chain gyms are notoriously bad for compassion.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
7005 posts
1356 upvotes
Scarborough
Lol uf thats their plan might as well go kaput and call it a day. Workout isn’t like grocery, it takes time. And this a place where you have to breathe hard and even sweat and open mouth etc. Yeah that will do wonders forbthe late goers.
I don’t see them opening if at all....better get treadmills for your home