Pets

Good online sites for Pets supplies

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2017 9:55 am
Feb 4, 2017
137 posts
33 upvotes

Good online sites for Pets supplies

i am first time pet owner... and was looking for Pet shops and i didnt find much option....Pet Smart ,Pet Valu... It seems these guys have monopoly in pet market...
Anyone knows any other online sites where i can get good variety in reasonable prices?
8 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3663 posts
1174 upvotes
Mars
what pet you have, cat or dog or others? by supplies you mean...?
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
1473 posts
1208 upvotes
British Columbia
In Canada there are no options. Shipping kills the deal.

If you want to support local stores there's likely a few in your area but don't expect cheap prices from an independent store. They are more expensive. Sometimes small chain stores can have better prices but overall I've found Petsmart is the cheapest when you stack their sale prices + occasional deals such as 10 dollars off 30 (become a member to get emails about these deals) or their savings sometimes when you buy online and pick up in the store. Sometimes their gift cards are discounted from retailers too.
Feb 4, 2017
137 posts
33 upvotes
forgetpwd wrote: what pet you have, cat or dog or others? by supplies you mean...?
i have lab... Pet supplies like toys, accessories etc...
Sep 19, 2014
5 posts
1 upvote
Ajax, ON
Amazon isn't too bad, especially if you have prime.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2541 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto
This was is my fav go-to; used them frequently for years and years;

https://www.renspets.com/

But I also didn’t have a car so shipping and buying more than xx to get free shipping was a no brainer.
They also have frequent sales on products I’d buy annually (Kings, very large bags of Benny bully’s liver treats ect)
Aug 13, 2006
299 posts
34 upvotes
My go to is Petsmart. They have promo from time-to-time (20% off, $30 off $100, etc.). Couple that with 10% gift card promo at grocery stores. Otherwise pricing is comparable in all pet stores.

@MrsPotato : What is good at Ren's Pets? I always see tons of cars at their parking lot but found pricing seem comparable to other B&M.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2012
2541 posts
641 upvotes
Toronto
seven wrote: My go to is Petsmart. They have promo from time-to-time (20% off, $30 off $100, etc.). Couple that with 10% gift card promo at grocery stores. Otherwise pricing is comparable in all pet stores.

@MrsPotato : What is good at Ren's Pets? I always see tons of cars at their parking lot but found pricing seem comparable to other B&M.
I only used their service online; delivery was a saving grace for me.
They carried the full line of Barnsdale bones, which was a staple in my house for the dogs for treat chews, Crumps treats are often on sale, they have a huge selection of chilldog sweaters in all sizes, they have many training treat dispensing toys PetSmart never would have (ie. Omega Paw Tricky Treat Ball), the Benny Bullies 3.3lb treat bags (never avail in that size at PetSmart), Earth Rated unscented bag (120ct) (never avail at PetSmart), they also carry the Jolly Pet toy line, my dogs love the giant eggs & monster balls ...

Many more specific items that can all be found in one spot vs venturing from store to store, bonus of free shipping as my orders were rarely under $150.

I never get my dog food at this place, as my dogs were all on raw diets.

Having Dobermans and owning a dog walking/boarding business for over 10
Years, my shopping was very specific and also reflected on favourites I built up over the years (ie Benny bully’s liver treats which I couldn’t have run a business without!)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)