Shopping Discussion

Good Place to buy Laptop Batteries?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2014 8:37 pm
[OP]
Mar 31, 2008
5 posts

Good Place to buy Laptop Batteries?

Anyone know a good place to buy a laptop battery?

Specifically I have an Asus N80v
6 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
2482 posts
801 upvotes
Mississauga
i am in search for good reliable reseller online to buy replacement hp battery 593553-001.
There are tonnes of listing online (Amazon or ebay) but not sure whom to select after reading another thread in RFD

Any recommendations for reliable battery/warranty/reasonable price
Apr 7, 2006
225 posts
91 upvotes
You might look into this eBay seller bona-shop to see if they have your battery. I purchased the HP replacement battery for the G62
and it was delivered within a week from payment and the battery works as well as the original HP battery. This seller has some neg
feedback, but my transaction went well, so ymmv.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
2482 posts
801 upvotes
Mississauga
thanks bylo... i read this thread but could not conclude the RFD recommended sellers. It seems like few links were either not working or some sellers no longer exist.
i guess its hit n miss purchase with no guarantee (ofcourse i need to absorb the return shipping)
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
25289 posts
21791 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
mkannuri wrote: i guess its hit n miss purchase with no guarantee (ofcourse i need to absorb the return shipping)
So it seems. Over on the Lenovo support forums people with a lot of experience with ThinkPads repeatedly recommend buying OEM even though it's the most expensive option. It seems modern Li-Ion batteries and charging circuitry are not easy to clone or repair.
veni, vidi, Visa