• Feb 27th, 2006 1:44 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 19, 2005
373 posts
Toronto

good places to eat around bloor/yorkville

any suggestions for lunch/dinner in that area? :)

none those fancy expensive places in the area :|
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9403 posts
966 upvotes
GTA
There is a good sushi place (on cumberland?).. Yorkville Sushi I think it is called.

Over on Yonge there is a good schwarma place. I forget the name.

Green Mango (the "cafeteria version") is also around there. On the east side of yonge , a couple of blocks south of Bloor.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1372 posts
39 upvotes
yeah, theres a mcdonalds on bloor, west of avenue road.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2005
1664 posts
36 upvotes
Mississauga
I work around that area and sometimes go to the Japanese restaurant called "Sushi Inn" on Cumberland Street, just behind (north of) Nike store. Good price on lunch Bento box. Always crowded.

I don't really like the Vietnamese (although the noodles are not bad) and Chinese place on Bloor near McDonald.

If you want some Thai food, there is one pretty good called Thai basil on Bloor, west of Spadina/Dominian. I don't like Real Thailand (Bloor & Spadina).

If you like Dim Sum, there is a restaurant called "Dynasty" on Bloor, just east of Avenue; yet a little pricy.

If you like Danny's style but a bit less oil, then you'll like OverEasy on North side of Bloor between Bedford Rd & Avenue Rd.
Sep 7, 2005
87 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
if you like Hungarian food, then try Coffee Mill on 99 Yorkville
Mar 19, 2005
810 posts
1 upvote
I defenitely recommend Eat a Pita on Cumberland just a bit west of Yonge. Cheap deals, large amounts, good wholesome Lebanese food. Their chicken shwarma dinner is like 5-6 bucks, and its sooo much too.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2002
1079 posts
A few places I've been for lunch when I used to work there:

* The Yonge and Bloor hot dog guy
* Food court under The Bay - a Texas meatball place run by a Chinese
* McDonald's at Avenue Rd.
Apr 2, 2004
328 posts
38 upvotes
I used to go to Japan Deli on Balmuto *years* ago for quick lunches. Is that still around?
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2003
11504 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Amongst the hot dog vendors in the area, I recommend the one right in front of the main Bay entrance (slightly to the left). Better attitude, the bun is toasted a lot nicer, overall the best vendor amongst the 3 at that intersection.
Valek wrote:I defenitely recommend Eat a Pita on Cumberland just a bit west of Yonge. Cheap deals, large amounts, good wholesome Lebanese food. Their chicken shwarma dinner is like 5-6 bucks, and its sooo much too.
I've been going there as well, good stuff. The meat is pretty fresh, too!
Heatware | eBay | (Last updated 12-28-2008)
[OP]
Apr 19, 2005
373 posts
Toronto
thx for replies ! now i have some places to visit at lunch :D