good quality laminate flooring in Richmond BC

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2006 4:58 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 29, 2006
11 posts

good quality laminate flooring in Richmond BC

Please, share any experience: buying returnig installing using a laminate floor.
thanks,
2 replies
Feb 11, 2005
397 posts
41 upvotes
My neighbour bought high quality laminate from Boardwalk flooring? I know that they're located at 2800 14th Ave., but I forget the unit number. The reason I know is because we had to pick it up for them. The laminate was I believe 8.3mm thick and 0.98 cents/ft.2. (plus they didn't pay tax since they paid cash).

I know they priced around at Home Depot and Rona and for this thickness and quality it was about 3 times more expensive. They have about 8 finishes to choose from. I'll see if I can get the exact address and details and post them later.

In terms of installation, my dad put in laminate flooring as well and he did it himself (and my dad is far from a handyman--more like Tim from Home Improvement--lol), so as long as your fairly competent around the house you should be able to do it. My dad did buy an instructional video though from Home Depot first, so it might be worth the investment.
Feb 11, 2005
397 posts
41 upvotes
didn't realize you're in BC...maybe they'll ship?? Don't know if it'd be worth it then though...

I'll leave my previous post for those in the GTA that also need laminate flooring.