Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2004
1030 posts
18 upvotes

Good, Reliable DSL in Toronto

I'd appreciate suggstions on dsl. Dealing with companies like Primus and Bell is just impossible. You spend eternity wandering around their idiotc automated systems, only to end up with some twinkie who can barely speak Engliosh and who doesn't know dsl from cable.

Good reliability and technical support are more importance than price.
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9728 posts
1942 upvotes
Toronto
bujanx wrote: Gonna recommend http://www.teksavvy.com/

Don't let the crappy webpage fool you, great company! I'm sure many RFDers would agree.
AGREE!! TSI all the way!

Knowledgable CS and you always reach a CS rep with in seconds of calling.
Aug 15, 2004
114 posts
agree - been with them for 3 years, awesome company, good service.
Mar 2, 2006
295 posts
1 upvote
Include another vote for teksavvy. Especially if you place an emphasis on customer service, one call and you're through to someone who can help you.
Dec 10, 2006
725 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
how much does it cost a month, and is it as fast or faster than bell sympatico highspeed thats like $50 a month?
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2003
1365 posts
22 upvotes
Richmond Hill
They may be called teksavvy but they are certainly not marketing savvy!

I've been debating making the switch from Rogers but man I just can't understand what teksavvy is offering!

These guys updated their site - still crappy. What they need to do is update their content to something that is actually useful! I don't know why I would choose premium DSL vs unlimited DSL. Unlimited sounds better but I think premium is more expensive. And business DSL gives you 6MB/800K whereas residential DSL gives you 5MB/800K? That's the only diff for $30? Same modem and probably same service.

Their website says "Our goal is to research each prospective client's needs and from there enhance, automate and provide them with a medium to buy, sell and advertise their products & services." Well this prospective client's needs are not being met and there is no enhancement :( Help the customer make a decision!

Where is the FAQ?

Can anyone help with this?
Mar 2, 2006
295 posts
1 upvote
Canucklehead wrote: They may be called teksavvy but they are certainly not marketing savvy!

I've been debating making the switch from Rogers but man I just can't understand what teksavvy is offering!

These guys updated their site - still crappy. What they need to do is update their content to something that is actually useful! I don't know why I would choose premium DSL vs unlimited DSL. Unlimited sounds better but I think premium is more expensive. And business DSL gives you 6MB/800K whereas residential DSL gives you 5MB/800K? That's the only diff for $30? Same modem and probably same service.

Their website says "Our goal is to research each prospective client's needs and from there enhance, automate and provide them with a medium to buy, sell and advertise their products & services." Well this prospective client's needs are not being met and there is no enhancement :( Help the customer make a decision!

Where is the FAQ?

Can anyone help with this?

I'm not too sure with the business stuff but I do know the difference with premium and unlimited. Premium comes with a 100GB cap and uses peer1 routing with cogent as a backup. The unlimited option has no cap and only routes through cogent. Cogent ping wise is slower than peer1. So it really depends on what type of user you are, if you aren't a large downloader you might as well get premium, if you're a gamer you should get premium and if you're a heavy downloader you should get unlimited.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2003
1365 posts
22 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thanks fatal_aroma.

I'm not a gamer or heavy downloader but then again I use Rogers :twisted:

I need fast and reliable - sounds like premium is the way to go?
Mar 2, 2006
295 posts
1 upvote
Canucklehead wrote: Thanks fatal_aroma.

I'm not a gamer or heavy downloader but then again I use Rogers :twisted:

I need fast and reliable - sounds like premium is the way to go?
Yup, as long as you don't need that large bandwidth you might as well go for the slightly faster pinging option. If you need a dsl modem there are threads in the hot deals section selling dsl modems for $20ish dollars.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)