Food & Drink

Good Restaurant in Milton? (not Kelseys)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2005 9:57 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2004
1994 posts
5 upvotes

Good Restaurant in Milton? (not Kelseys)

Friends of mine want to meet at the Kelseys at the 401 in Milton. I am trying to find a better restaurant than that to meet at. Kelseys doesn't agree with me.

Does anybody know of a better restaurant in Milton? Preferably not far from the 401 and the Kelseys there? Preferably a local pub type restaurant.

thanx

:)
22 replies
Deal Addict
May 20, 2005
1669 posts
21 upvotes
Milton
Montana's (401-James Snow Parkway)...Walmart Plaza
Hot Rods 401-hyway 25
Hardball Cafe 401-#25 north about mile
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2004
1994 posts
5 upvotes
Thats cool. Thanx. Others, feel free to post an idea. I am open to any and all other suggestions, but for now, Montana's will save me from the horror of Kelseys. I cannot describe what it is about the place I don't like, oh no, wait, yes I can. Horrible food. Bad food. Poorly prepared food. Lame food and just generally bad food. Yep, oh and the fact that the serving staff at Kelseys always seems to be a bunch of kids.

Keep the suggestions coming.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2005
1669 posts
21 upvotes
Milton
If you go into town you can try..
Ivy Arms - Main Street
Brydens - Main Street
The Firken Dickens - Mill Street
Charlie Fitzwhiskeys - Ontario Street
Ned Devins -Derry Road

all about 5 minutes or less from 401
Aug 17, 2004
275 posts
coopaloop wrote:Montana's (401-James Snow Parkway)...Walmart Plaza
Hot Rods 401-hyway 25
Hardball Cafe 401-#25 north about mile
Montana's is the same company as Kelsey's = same food
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2004
1994 posts
5 upvotes
Which one of those is the local English style pub restaurant? Just want to know. I like the independant restaurants a little more than most chains. Aside from the Firkin. The Firkin restaurants are good. Predictable and reasonable and I would go there for sure.

I didn't know that about Montana's, but it makes sense the more I think about it. I have eaten there before and it wasn't great.

Jack ASStors is good. I also like Casey's, Boston Pizza and the like. It is not all about what I like, I am passing these suggestions along to the group :D

thanx again

Deal Addict
May 20, 2005
1669 posts
21 upvotes
Milton
"Ned Devins" is an "Irish Stlye Pub"...great food and free wi-fi ....Derry Road at 25 hyway
May 12, 2005
692 posts
38 upvotes
Markham
A really good place is Sweet Water Grill. They might even offer you free "Sweet Water" - YUM!
Nov 22, 2005
544 posts
GTA
There's a great sushi place on the corner of Derry and Bronte, good food and very reasonable prices. Private tatami rooms as well.
Apr 21, 2005
396 posts
33 upvotes
Milton
Ned Divine's is excellent. Small menu, but quality is quite good. Beer is cheap (<$15 pitchers of Creemore).

Bryden's and the Ivy are both typical brit pubs - the Ivy moreso. Bryden's has excellent food. The Ivy has been hit or miss for me, but more miss, so I avoid now. Nice patio, though (doesn't help this time of year). Bryden's appears to be either a dive or a legion from the outside, but is actually quite nice inside. They have Steam Whistle on tap too!

I would avoid the Firkin, since it's...a Firkin. Honestly, I have never set foot inside that one, but I have had too many other crappy experiences in that chain to dare to.

That Kelsey's isn't bad, if you feel like that sort of thing. The Montana's always seems packed with families who must love cold food.

Matt's Rib House at Derry & Ontario is supposed to be good, but I have not tried. Not sure if it's licensed or not, though.

Andy
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2004
1994 posts
5 upvotes
I have never had a bad experience at my local Firkin. They are cheap, but the beer is ok and the prices reasonable, and the food is predictable. I order something and it is exactly as I expect it to be, tastes good and never seems to make me feel shite afterwords. Some places just serve bad food. Whether it is so-so or lousy tasting, you eat it and later on it makes you feel crappy too.

So far it is unanimous that we will be going to Ned Devine's.

thanx for the feedback,

Milton here I come...in a week or two anyhow... :)
Deal Addict
May 20, 2005
1669 posts
21 upvotes
Milton
Let us know how your visit went....In Canada's Fastest Growing Town... :)
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2004
1994 posts
5 upvotes
I have been mountain biking at Kelso a few times...

I will let you know how the food and beer consumption goes. Of course, my beer consumption will likely be very limited since I will probably have to drive back to Ajax. Oh well, beer is better in small quantities :) especially when there is good food.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6507 posts
278 upvotes
morkys wrote:Thats cool. Thanx. Others, feel free to post an idea. I am open to any and all other suggestions, but for now, Montana's will save me from the horror of Kelseys. I cannot describe what it is about the place I don't like, oh no, wait, yes I can. Horrible food. Bad food. Poorly prepared food. Lame food and just generally bad food.
IMO, Montana = Kelseys. Both are crappy. I'll go to east side mario's or Jack astor's instead anytime.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2004
1994 posts
5 upvotes
Oh yeah. Another thing I was going to ask. How big is Ned Devine's? I am thinking of calling to make reservations. It cannot hurt, since its going to be during the week before Christmas. How big is the place? Is it average size or is it really big or really small?

Here it is:

http://neddevines.sites.toronto.com/

thanx

Deal Addict
May 20, 2005
1669 posts
21 upvotes
Milton
Ned Devine's Irish Pub Inc
905-864-6794
575 Ontario Street South,
Milton, ON L9T 2N2
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2003
4250 posts
155 upvotes
Cambridge
I'd say Ned Devine's is medium size. Definitely room for a group in there.

If none of you is from Milton be sure and get a good map or directions. It's in a small mall but not the first thing you see when you get there and the way the mall entrances and gas station are positioned doesn't do the best for Ned. Trust me it's not as obvious as the internet picture makes it look.
Apr 21, 2005
396 posts
33 upvotes
Milton
IMO, Ned's is quite small. I think this is compounded by the fact that they do a really good bar business and it can get busy often. We usually don't have to wait (for a table of 4), but have actually had to go elsewhere twice with a larger party, since the wait was too long (and there is nowhere to wait). If you can call ahead, I certainly would...
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2004
1994 posts
5 upvotes
Made reservations. Of course, after being out of town, working In Picton two weeks in a row, and then visiting relatives in Kanata/Stittsville for 4 days, and staying in Motels and eating in Restaurants a little too often the last little while, I'm not too thrilled to eat at any restaurant, but hopefully it will be ok.

Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1953 upvotes
Elmira
Damn man, if you live in Milton, then its gotta be WINGS UP!

Friggin amazing man, no lie.. You'll be licking the box for the sauce when your done

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)