Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Good Soundbar deals?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2013 3:44 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
Yes. the flyer says 8 per store. It's might be challenging to actually find them inside the store, unless you go today and stake out the exact stock location being stored at.
qwerty2001ro wrote: Future shop has the HW-E450 too. at 199$
Feb 16, 2007
83 posts
7 upvotes
I was thinking of getting the 100$ Vizio sounbar from Costco, since I have a subwoofer I can attch to it, but how would that compare to The Sharp HT-SL50, Future shop has it on sale for 140$.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2008
2793 posts
933 upvotes
For those near Times Square (in Richmond Hill), the electronics store inside the mall "Golden Electronics" has the HW-E450 on sale for $189.99.

HDTV&Electronics just outside is willing to beat it. I purchased it for $180 + tax and no eco fee.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2004
3065 posts
523 upvotes
Tigerdirect had a refurb Vizio for $60. Newegg also had B-stock Yamaha for $180ish.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
4239 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
qwerty2001ro wrote: how about the TVEE Model 25 Boston Acoustics at Best Buy for 199$? How does that compare with the E450 and the Yamaha ?

or the cheaper SB-1C Precision Acoustics at Best Buy for 79$. Is that any good? any opinions on the two ?
The TVee Model 25 apparently has raving reviews when it comes to the sound. From what I read it's best bang for buck vs performance.
HOWEVER, many reviews also revealed that there's quality control issues with this model. The subwoofer either burns up, sound popping, or generally overheats.

I don't have it personally and I was going to buy it, until I read all the reviews out there and decided to drop this from my list.
Feb 24, 2007
159 posts
109 upvotes
Thank you.
I decided to purchase two from Memory Express for a total of $161.10 each.

The link to the source is: http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product. ... ct=8002398

While the link to Memory Express is: http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX38295

Hopefully it goes through for anyone else interested.

Cheers

booblehead wrote: I bought this last year for $200 + HST in GTA.

$250 Boxing day price is extremely cold, given that they regularly have this for $250 from time to time on both FS & BB & AV2001.

The Source has the Samsung HW-E450 for $200 boxing week. That's not bad of a pay at all.
Jan 29, 2008
42 posts
11 upvotes
Went to Future Shop before closing there was about 10 Samsung HW-E450 that I could see (Upper James in Hamilton), so there looks like ther was quite a few.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2008
1788 posts
219 upvotes
Edmonton
lakesarecool wrote: Thank you.
I decided to purchase two from Memory Express for a total of $161.10 each.

The link to the source is: http://www.thesource.ca/estore/product. ... ct=8002398

While the link to Memory Express is: http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX38295

Hopefully it goes through for anyone else interested.

Cheers
You must have miss this announcement from ME:

Memory Express' Annual Boxing Day Sale!
Wednesday, December 26th
All retail locations will be open from 8AM to 8PM on Wednesday, December 26th for our annual Boxing Day Sale.
Shop early online
Check our website on Monday, December 24th sometime after 6:00pm MST for our Boxing Day Door Crashers and specials.
Instore Pickup Outage
Please note that there will be no instore pickup for online orders for the duration of the Boxing Day Sale.
* There will be no Returns, Exchanges or Price Beat / Protection during the Boxing Day Sale (Dec 24th - 26th).
Unknown wrote: Why is Playbook at $199 a door crasher??? Because Canadians are gullible. :razz:
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
Can you hook up bluetooth to more than one unit at a time? Like uf i could play music to one in one room and one in another at the same time that would be handy.
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
desertdeal wrote: You must have miss this announcement from ME:

Memory Express' Annual Boxing Day Sale!
Wednesday, December 26th
All retail locations will be open from 8AM to 8PM on Wednesday, December 26th for our annual Boxing Day Sale.
Shop early online
Check our website on Monday, December 24th sometime after 6:00pm MST for our Boxing Day Door Crashers and specials.
Instore Pickup Outage
Please note that there will be no instore pickup for online orders for the duration of the Boxing Day Sale.
* There will be no Returns, Exchanges or Price Beat / Protection during the Boxing Day Sale (Dec 24th - 26th).
His order went through prior to Memory Express boxing day sale start.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
Hmm... I figured I would just go and pick one of these up in store so I didn't bother ordering online (The samsung e450) but looks like FS, BB and The Source are all sold out online. And, not much in-store stock at The Source according to the online system.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
Managed to find a Samsung unit at my local The Source. CUrious, what did other people get charged for the Environmental Handling Fee is anything? I got charged $7.80 which according to the chart I saw is for a "home theatre in a box". I don't know how a 1 speaker and one sub is a home theatre in a box! I feel ripped off as a consumer for stuff like this.

Curious if anyone has an opinion on which is better too... Samsung or LG... Before I thought I heard the LG was better but I don't recall where I saw that and maybe I just made it up in my head :)
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2005
2556 posts
1619 upvotes
No. Samsung E450 goes quite a bit louder ( bass & treble) and is usually $350 during most of the year. I've seen the LG on sale a few times for $200 this year. Either the Samsung HW-E450 for $200 or the Samsung HW-D550 for $300 are good buys this year. I've been reading alot of avsforums. Seems BB, FS, Source, LD, all have these one sale for the same price. These soundbars have at least 1 hdmi, 1 optical, 1 analog, usb, and wirelesss bluetooth. It's hard the find this combo and I think LG only is one of the few that matches it in terms of inputs but the LG didn't go very load at max volume in futureshop.

The main benefit of the E550 is bigger sub, can separate soundbar into 2 vertical bars, and 1 extra input over E450. Downfall of E550 is all the inputs are on the sub so your tv and components need to be near sub. The E450 has all the inputs on the soundbar so you can put your sub further away.
Feb 10, 2009
512 posts
162 upvotes
wszeto28 wrote: For those near Times Square (in Richmond Hill), the electronics store inside the mall "Golden Electronics" has the HW-E450 on sale for $189.99.

HDTV&Electronics just outside is willing to beat it. I purchased it for $180 + tax and no eco fee.
Since the E-450 is sold out almost everywhere I went to HDTV electronics and they offered it to me for $250. Told them the story about Golden Electronics but they where not interested to beat the price.
Went to Golden and got it for $189.99 (was the last one in the store - maybe more in the back).
Thank you for posting this deal.