Art and Photography

Good suppliers for greeting card prints?

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2021 7:41 pm
[OP]
Dec 6, 2020
559 posts
556 upvotes

Good suppliers for greeting card prints?

Can anyone recommend a good online print service for printing small quantities (25-50) of greeting cards from (digital) photographs?

Ideally, I'd prefer a print shop that can print wide color gamut images on cardstock.

I have previously considered Staples print services, but they were unable to say if their process respects color profiles. I have also considered London Drugs, but as far as I can see, their card printing service only prints on flimsy, very glossy, photopaper.
2 replies
Dec 31, 2010
898 posts
354 upvotes
Richmond Hill
My wife does water-colour art, and prints lots of greeting cards, and based on my extensive research you would be hard pressed to find any shop for that matter (local or online) who does extremely small runs of 25-50 cards on GOOD paper, with ACCURATE calibrated colours, for a decent price. Also if colour accuracy is important, then you want probably want to get proofs (yes you do) or no matter what colour profiles you select and send, it will still come out different.

Without knowing anything about your project I would say give Costco printing a shot as they have been okay for general use and their paper is more premium then staples/London drugs/walmart/ at very reasonable prices, and colours were good too the few times we ordered from them..

But really, what you want is to find a good local print shop, where you can see proofs, ask which profiles they use, how they calibrate their printer, print on varieties of paper (same print even with the most calibrated profile can look different on different paper), and if something doesn't work out, then the print shop can offer suggestions on how to adjust the colours.
[OP]
Dec 6, 2020
559 posts
556 upvotes
No print shops within a reasonable travel distance of where I live, unfortunately.

I'll try Costco. Thanks.