Cell Phones

Is this a good time to buy an Iphone 11 Pro?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2020 4:51 pm
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Apr 23, 2011
412 posts
167 upvotes
Montreal

Is this a good time to buy an Iphone 11 Pro?

Just switching to Apple from Android and wondering if now is a good time to buy an 11 Pro Max?
I'm not familiar with Iphone deals and was hoping to get a few tips on when is the best time to buy...

Fido has a promo now. $100 off any device and the 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max are on sale.

Are these decent deals or will prices drop much further in September?
5 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 28, 2004
23217 posts
4980 upvotes
Toronto
Hey, didn’t you know that ANY time to buy an iPhone is a good time to buy??

Cuz.....iPhone!!!



Jk, if you can wait - best dealios are during Back To School and Black Friday.

Not sure if right not counts as Back to School promos?

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
2488 posts
3464 upvotes
St Clements, MB
January, April, July & October are usually the worst months of the year to get a new financed cell phone from a carrier. You'll probably spend $400 more than the lowest price available in June. I'd wait until Labour Day weekend.
Member
Feb 29, 2020
235 posts
68 upvotes
Do you need to jump to the most expensive iPhone on the lineup first of all?
MartletMedia wrote: Just switching to Apple from Android and wondering if now is a good time to buy an 11 Pro Max?
I'm not familiar with Iphone deals and was hoping to get a few tips on when is the best time to buy...

Fido has a promo now. $100 off any device and the 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max are on sale.

Are these decent deals or will prices drop much further in September?
Banned
Aug 11, 2018
996 posts
927 upvotes
iPhone 12/12 Pro will be out in Sep/Oct, wait it out unless you need a new phone now.
[OP]
Member
User avatar
Apr 23, 2011
412 posts
167 upvotes
Montreal
cslusarc wrote: January, April, July & October are usually the worst months of the year to get a new financed cell phone from a carrier. You'll probably spend $400 more than the lowest price available in June. I'd wait until Labour Day weekend.
What was the lowest price in June? I can't find any info on previous sales...
idontwantausername wrote: iPhone 12/12 Pro will be out in Sep/Oct, wait it out unless you need a new phone now.
I just did the math and the total current discount after tax is $363 for the 11 Pro Max.
My question is, if I wait for another month or two, will the savings be that much better?

If it will only be an additional savings of $100-$200 to the current savings then I rather get the phone now.
If the savings will be an additional $300+ to the current savings then I rather wait.

I just have no idea how the iphone discounts work throughout the year...

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)