Wheels and Tires

Good tire palce like simiple tire but not as busy anyone?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2019 12:41 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 21, 2009
376 posts
20 upvotes

Good tire palce like simiple tire but not as busy anyone?

hey guys need to buy one new tire and set of tires for the winter.
i triedd calling simply tires and they told me i had to wait few month lol .
anyone know any place that charges the same but not as busy as them???

quick question i have 195 -65-15 from corolla would these fit into honda accord 2008? my currect size tire for accord is 225-50-17
my friend told me he put 15 inch on it but i wanna be sure. honda accord is suppose to fit 15-18 inches tire i heard.
Last edited by Smoky1818 on Oct 15th, 2019 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6078 posts
2537 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Try Tires23

Used them several years ago, by appt.
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
27750 posts
12826 upvotes
Toronto
Wait a few months ? Lol

They want you to buy winter tires in the spring time ?
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
13253 posts
7369 upvotes
Toronto
Smoky1818 wrote: hey guys need to buy one new tire and set of tires for the winter.
i triedd calling simply tires and they told me i had to wait few month lol .
anyone know any place that charges the same but not as busy as them???

quick question i have 195 -65-15 from corolla would these fit into honda accord 2008? my currect size tire for accord is 225-50-17
my friend told me he put 15 inch on it but i wanna be sure. honda accord is suppose to fit 15-18 inches tire i heard.
195-65-15 is much too small for your Accord, it's 3.4% too small. It will lower your car and your speedo will be off as well.

https://www.miata.net/cgi-bin/tirescgi
May 30, 2011
238 posts
18 upvotes
North York
I ordered a set of winter from Kobo tires at John Street.
Will install on 26th of this month.
So far the ordering experience is good, small shop but Tony is willing to discuss and no waiting time,
as they open till 7 pm, also on Sat and Sun, shorter opening time .
I have been there, double check they will use the Hunter machine to balance.
Price is good too, but different brand of rims, so cannot be apple to apple, but winter tires are Mich. Latitude Xice 2 for my SUV.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4998 posts
455 upvotes
Not sure if OP knows this but the original owner of Simply Tire (Allen) that dealt with RFD for some years sold it to someone else either last year or the year before. From some of the posts made on here, new ownership hasn't been as good when Allen was around.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
13761 posts
3731 upvotes
Montréal
Not sure where you live but this was my go-to place:
https://www.kiplingtire.ca/
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
10841 posts
2675 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
+1 https://www.tires23.com/

I have bought from them the past 2 springs and its been good. However I still go to simply tire as they are very good. However a few months does not sound right I would call them back and speak to somebody else.
I know Simply Tire was sold to a new owner but that sounds to off.
0_o
<_<
>_>
[OP]
Jan 21, 2009
376 posts
20 upvotes
Canada_7 wrote: Not sure if OP knows this but the original owner of Simply Tire (Allen) that dealt with RFD for some years sold it to someone else either last year or the year before. From some of the posts made on here, new ownership hasn't been as good when Allen was around.
yea i heard about it to some indian and now price is bad and serice is bad
[OP]
Jan 21, 2009
376 posts
20 upvotes
hey here is the update and conclusion
i called simply and advant and ceo and tire 23 and some other place
ceo had the best prices and i went the next day got it changed and now its all behind me and im happy.\

i did read a review about someone going to ceo and had bad experience and they scratched and damaged rims.
so when i was there i talk to andy and he told me his side of the story which was a man came in with used bought rims on tire and it wasnt in a best shape and he told him if he takes the tire out of it it can damage the rims and warned and he said ok and did it and it got damaged and now his writing bad reviews about it.

if your going to write a review base it on facts not your stupidity
and dont forget to say the truth not how u felt.

either way most of the workers from ceo was a simply tire workers including the owner andy . just assured me more im in good hands.
Last edited by Smoky1818 on Oct 17th, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13551 posts
8516 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Always two side to a story.
Smoky1818 wrote: hey here is the update and conclusion
ceo had the best prices and i went the next day got it changed and now its all behind me and im happy.\

i did read a review about someone going to ceo and had bad experience and they scratched and damaged rims.
so when i was there i talk to andy and he told me his side of the story which was a man came in with used bought rims on tire and it wasnt in a best shape and he told him if he takes the tire out of it it can damage the rims and warned and he said ok and did it and it got damaged and now his writing bad reviews about it.

either way most of the works from ceo was a simply tire workers including the owner andy . just assured me more im in good hands.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
5524 posts
1919 upvotes
GTEH!
Smoky1818 wrote: hey here is the update and conclusion

either way most of the workers from ceo was a simply tire workers including the owner andy . just assured me more im in good hands.
I think I read on RFD that Andy use to work at Simply Tire. And when Simply was sold to new owner, Andy decided to open new tire place, CEO.
Not 100% sure.
😎
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
5516 posts
3096 upvotes
Toronto
Webhead wrote: I think I read on RFD that Andy use to work at Simply Tire. And when Simply was sold to new owner, Andy decided to open new tire place, CEO.
Not 100% sure.
CEO is not new, like simply it was taken over.
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A