Students

good uni for environmental science/enviro studies programs?

Dec 10, 2019
3 posts

good uni for environmental science/enviro studies programs?

are Mcmaster, laurier, and western good for environmental studies/sciences?
6 replies
Jan 8, 2010
160 posts
93 upvotes
Where you go for undergrad doesn't matter because to actually work in this field, you need a minimum of a master's degree. Save your money and pick your cheapest option.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
6254 posts
3216 upvotes
Abbottabad
Brown Thug wrote: Where you go for undergrad doesn't matter because to actually work in this field, you need a minimum of a master's degree. Save your money and pick your cheapest option.
No not true. I’m in the environmental consulting industry and many of my colleagues only have their B.SCs. Stop giving out bad advice.
Aug 8, 2012
187 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
Waterloo's Bachelor of Environmental Studies (B.E.S.), Environment and Business. Thank me later
Jan 8, 2010
160 posts
93 upvotes
iamskyhigh wrote: No not true. I’m in the environmental consulting industry and many of my colleagues only have their B.SCs. Stop giving out bad advice.
I stand by my comment. Just how many people do you think are graduating with environmental studies/science degrees today that can nab consulting jobs with an undergraduate degree alone. I know many people that got this degree in the last 5 years and they all struggled in the job market. Granted, I cannot speak for people who obtained their degrees years/decades ago, but recent job market trends indicate that BA and BSc degrees that are not specialized have limited job prospects.

Even if that was not the case, no one cares where you went for a BA/BSc in environmental studies/science.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2015
1836 posts
279 upvotes
Shall one do environmental studies at a college first to experience how the field is like before committing to an undergraduate degree?
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!
Meiji: Ambassador Swanbeck, I have concluded that your treaty is NOT in the best interests of my people. So sorry, but you may not.
Swanbeck: This is an outrage!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)