• Last Updated:
  • Aug 8th, 2020 3:47 am
[OP]
Mar 4, 2011
14 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton

Goodlife cancellation

Has anyone been able to successfully cancel their membership this week? Was it an ordeal? Will be calling tomorrow morning once the lines open and was wondering what to prepare for.
Last edited by giftedchick on Jul 21st, 2020 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2017
1967 posts
620 upvotes
DT Calgary
That shit is never easy. Goodlife has a hard time accepting people leaving.
Feb 4, 2020
6 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
I've heard others in similar situations who have reached out to GoodLife to cancel, but were only offered "longer freezes". Pathetic but I'm not surprised. As someone who cancelled a GoodLife membership in the past I can tell you it wasn't easy. Bring up cancellation and they suddenly become busy and unavailable.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2013
1349 posts
826 upvotes
If you log into your GL portal, there is now a link to request a cancellation.

Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
7242 posts
3389 upvotes
In general, a lot of gyms make you jump thru hoops to cancel. In the past, there have even been gyms that tried to intimidate people from cancelling. Lots of horror stories out there
Oct 12, 2014
909 posts
158 upvotes
Ajax
n0thing wrote: If you log into your GL portal, there is now a link to request a cancellation.

Does this include a refund?
Jun 28, 2018
353 posts
420 upvotes
Aurora, Ontario
Thanks for this post by the way. I used the online portal and requested. Gave me a warning that they might raise rates in future if I sign up again. Proceeded anyways. Was told I would get a confirmation email. Still waiting.
May 27, 2011
523 posts
378 upvotes
NORTH YORK
DarekP84312 wrote: Thanks for this post by the way. I used the online portal and requested. Gave me a warning that they might raise rates in future if I sign up again. Proceeded anyways. Was told I would get a confirmation email. Still waiting.
goodlife raise their rates every year
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1428 posts
989 upvotes
Toronto
Im not convinced they will raise their rates for a while. They raised their rates last year and people were already not renewing.
I think prices will either stay where they are or have “comeback promos”. The current restrictions is costly and wont be sustainable.

For what they offer now, 1 hour timeslots, with nothing else( showers/towels etc) people will need to think if they are getting good value for their membership.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2013
1349 posts
826 upvotes
No word yet from GL regarding cancellation. But I notice the "Request a Cancellation" link is gone from the GL portal.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14998 posts
11500 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
My guess, too many people cancelling too easy lol.
n0thing wrote: No word yet from GL regarding cancellation. But I notice the "Request a Cancellation" link is gone from the GL portal.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2013
1349 posts
826 upvotes
SOL for those that prepaid for the year. This is the response from my GL location.
Hi

Unfortunately you have a paid in full membership we cannot cancel it. The best option is to freeze till October 15th. 

Thank you and stay safe.  
Response from head office
Thank you for contacting the GoodLife Fitness Home Office regarding a cancellation request.

After reviewing your file, it has been determined that your membership type is not be able to be cancelled. At this time your membership is still active.

The being said, we understand if you are not ready to return to the club just yet. Although we are doing everything we can to provide a caring and safe a Club atmosphere, we know that everyone’s personal situation is different. As you may have seen, we are offering a temporary freeze for all memberships until Oct 15, 2020.

Would you like to freeze your account? Please discuss freeze options with your club location or by calling our Member Experience team at 1800-387-2524.

Thank you for being a member and we look forward to having you back in the club in the near future!

GoodLife Fitness
Last edited by n0thing on Jul 31st, 2020 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 27, 2011
523 posts
378 upvotes
NORTH YORK
n0thing wrote: SOL for those that prepaid for the year. This is the response from my GL location.
I have a corporate plan and having trouble putting my membership on hold. I keep getting an error message each time I tried. It sucks, my renewal date was February and I'm not planning to go back till the situation gets better. Goodlife chat line has an average of 50min waiting time, I'll try calling in tomorrow and try to get it resolve.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2013
1349 posts
826 upvotes
katonfire wrote: I have a corporate plan and having trouble putting my membership on hold. I keep getting an error message each time I tried. It sucks, my renewal date was February and I'm not planning to go back till the situation gets better. Goodlife chat line has an average of 50min waiting time, I'll try calling in tomorrow and try to get it resolve.
Tried the online chat multiple times, gave up on that. If you go into account setting, it'll show you that your term has been extended, by about three months. In terms of pausing the membership, the latest date is October 15th, anything beyond that will give you an error.
May 27, 2011
523 posts
378 upvotes
NORTH YORK
n0thing wrote: Tried the online chat multiple times, gave up on that. If you go into account setting, it'll show you that your term has been extended, by about three months. In terms of pausing the membership, the latest date is October 15th, anything beyond that will give you an error.
Yeah I tried to prospone it till the October 15 but no luck.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
5856 posts
1348 upvotes
rural ontario
katonfire wrote: Yeah I tried to prospone it till the October 15 but no luck.
I have corporate and just paused it until October 15th. Normal renewal date is Jan 1st.
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3301 upvotes
Out west
Lie, say you are moving to a small town that has no Goodlife, then they cant push to move to another Goodlife
May 27, 2011
523 posts
378 upvotes
NORTH YORK
rilles wrote: I have corporate and just paused it until October 15th. Normal renewal date is Jan 1st.
I'm not sure why it's not allowing me to pause mine. I tried email, calling and chat but no response from them. Maybe the problem is mine was through venngo
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2013
1349 posts
826 upvotes
katonfire wrote: I'm not sure why it's not allowing me to pause mine. I tried email, calling and chat but no response from them. Maybe the problem is mine was through venngo
GL really wants you to go workout and clean their equipment.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1428 posts
989 upvotes
Toronto
n0thing wrote: GL really wants you to go workout and clean their equipment.
this was funny!
Face With Tears Of Joy