• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2022 3:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1907 posts
2147 upvotes

Goodlife Experience Under New Guidelines

Just looking to hear from people on their experience at Goodlife or any gym since they have reopened.

Thanks,
302 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2008
1053 posts
286 upvotes
Ottawa
I haven't gone yet, but a friend went yesterday and today. Said it was pretty good. They had wipes set out at the various stations. It was pretty quiet.

There seems to be good availability in terms of available spots at most of the locations near me. Might take a week or two for bookings to ramp up.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1907 posts
2147 upvotes
Jenny1975 wrote: I haven't gone yet, but a friend went yesterday and today. Said it was pretty good. They had wipes set out at the various stations. It was pretty quiet.

There seems to be good availability in terms of available spots at most of the locations near me. Might take a week or two for bookings to ramp up.
Thanks. With the nicer weather, guess it is expected that it isn't too busy yet.
Oct 7, 2013
608 posts
339 upvotes
Stopped by my gym Fit4Less yesterday ( July 18).

Staff said they were well below their allowed capacity & that there was no rush or mad dash to attend.

One staffer told me he thought there might be a deluge when they opened but that hasn't been the case.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2013
1345 posts
820 upvotes

When you arrive at the Club, you will see signage to indicate where to line up. Since you booked ahead, you’ll stand in the Yellow Already Registered line! Once the Club has been thoroughly cleaned, our Greeter will invite you inside to begin your workout.

Please ensure that you bring your GoodLife keytag to the Club with you. This will ensure you start your workout on time. You can also access your QR Check-in code on the GoodLife App (iOS, Android).

To maximize your one-hour time-slot, we encourage all Members, if possible, to change at home and arrive in their workout gear!

We also encourage you to bring a pre-filled water bottle to your workout. Water fountains will be equipped with bottle fillers, but Members will not be permitted to drink directly from water fountains at this time.

Our Commitment to your Health and Safety

IF YOU HAVE ANSWERED YES TO ANY OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW, DO NOT BOOK A WORKOUT OR ENTER THE PREMISES. SELF-ISOLATE IMMEDIATELY AND CONTACT YOUR DESIGNATED PUBLIC HEALTH AUTHORITY FOR FURTHER DIRECTION.

Do you have a temperature of 100.4 F (38 C) or higher?
Have you been in close contact with anyone who has contracted or presumed to have contracted COVID-19 in the past 14 days? Click here for a clear definition of "close contact".
Have you experienced any new or worsened cold or flu-like symptoms in the past 14 days? These symptoms include fever (temperature over 100.4 F / 38 C), cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, shortness of breath, chills, muscle aches, headache, feeling fatigued, conjunctivitis (pink eye), loss of taste or smell?
Within the last 14 days, have you returned from travel outside of Canada that requires you to self-isolate?
Within the last 14 days, have you returned from inter-provincial travel that requires you to self-isolate?

Special Limitation of Liability During COVID-19

Attending a GoodLife facility may place you in close proximity to others that could increase the risk that you contract COVID-19. You acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and understand the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at a GoodLife facility.

By attending a GoodLife facility, you voluntarily agree, on behalf of yourself, your heirs, personal representatives and/or assigns, and any minor child you may enroll to: (a) assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for, and waive any claims for injury, illness, damage, loss, liability, or expense, of any kind (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death) that may occur to you in connection with attendance at a GoodLife facility; and (b) release, indemnify and discharge all GoodLife employees, members, and attendees (the “Releasees”) from any and all claims or causes of action (known or unknown) which you may have arising out of or relating thereto, based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Releasees, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after attending a GoodLife facility.
You have to agree with the above to book a slot with GL.

BTW, I've contacted GL about cancelling/refunding for those that have prepaid corporate/annual membership, but still no reply.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6931 posts
2574 upvotes
Vancouver
Are you guys in Toronto? Clubs still closed here.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
7118 posts
3271 upvotes
dazz wrote: Are you guys in Toronto? Clubs still closed here.
GL in York Region (including Thornhill) are reopening tomorrow
Jul 7, 2005
599 posts
172 upvotes
I wonder how they handle multi-location members....
....say if my home location is set in Toronto, it would remain deactivated until Toronto enters Phase 3?

Edit: I am able to book online, just add more locations....we'll see what happens when I show up
Last edited by waitin4BOOST on Jul 24th, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14945 posts
11381 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Go try and report back.
waitin4BOOST wrote: I wonder how they handle multi-location members....
....say if my home location is set in Toronto, it would remain deactivated until Toronto enters Phase 3?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1405 posts
970 upvotes
Toronto
waitin4BOOST wrote: I wonder how they handle multi-location members....
you can book at any locaiton.
Sep 18, 2019
904 posts
776 upvotes
I went this morning to the Markville Mall location between 7:30am - 8:30am. Everyone wear mask during workout, even the staffs tell you don't need to, only put on the mask when you walk from one workout to the others. Staffs did walk around and randomly clean the empty machines. The difference is not too many people talk to each other because you only have an hour.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1907 posts
2147 upvotes
Sunway wrote: I went this morning to the Markville Mall location between 7:30am - 8:30am. Everyone wear mask during workout, even the staffs tell you don't need to, only put on the mask when you walk from one workout to the others. Staffs did walk around and randomly clean the empty machines. The difference is not too many people talk to each other because you only have an hour.
Thanks. Did it look like they had more staff than usual to help with the cleaning?
Sep 18, 2019
904 posts
776 upvotes
maple1 wrote: Thanks. Did it look like they had more staff than usual to help with the cleaning?
Yes, it's either they have more staffs or staffs clean more often than before.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
4944 posts
1625 upvotes
At Markham Birchmount a lot of people took off their masks. I found it more strenuous to breathe with my mask on but I didn't take it off. Not worth the risk. The free weights area was completely full and almost everyone there took off their masks. I noticed half the people actually wipe down the machines after usage. Most of the people appeared to be the regular gym members as I recognized a few. I don't like how they closed off the cardio machines. Every other cardio machine was closed but in a dumb way where the machine in front/behind you was available so you were easily within arms length of the other person. Weight machines are all still close together.

I don't blame anyone for wanting to keep their membership on hold or cancelling and not returning yet.
Jun 28, 2018
353 posts
420 upvotes
Aurora, Ontario
Meh. I’m gonna stay home. Got enough equipment at home now. I do miss chatting with some of the regulars though. Oh well.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1907 posts
2147 upvotes
Mulder and Scully wrote: At Markham Birchmount a lot of people took off their masks. I found it more strenuous to breathe with my mask on but I didn't take it off. Not worth the risk. The free weights area was completely full and almost everyone there took off their masks. I noticed half the people actually wipe down the machines after usage. Most of the people appeared to be the regular gym members as I recognized a few. I don't like how they closed off the cardio machines. Every other cardio machine was closed but in a dumb way where the machine in front/behind you was available so you were easily within arms length of the other person. Weight machines are all still close together.

I don't blame anyone for wanting to keep their membership on hold or cancelling and not returning yet.
Interesting, you would think that people would do their bit given the circumstances but that amount is about normal. Thanks for the update.
Last edited by maple1 on Jul 13th, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2017
1967 posts
620 upvotes
DT Calgary
Cancelled the GoodLife months ago. I gave up on 2020, and decided to gain weight instead.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
5753 posts
1326 upvotes
rural ontario
Has anyone tried just showing up? assuming there only a few people inside I would think they would let you in. Booking more then a day in advance just doesn't work for me.
There is a crunch gym fairly close to me, you just show up. And now that most of the Goodlife benefits like showers are moot... the el-cheopo gyms are looking pretty appealing now.
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2008
1053 posts
286 upvotes
Ottawa
Their protocols state that walk-ins are permitted provided space is available. The locations near me usually have a spots available on short notice, but obviously YMMV.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1405 posts
970 upvotes
Toronto
Mulder and Scully wrote: At Markham Birchmount a lot of people took off their masks. I noticed half the people actually wipe down the machines after usage. Weight machines are all still close together.
no thanks. GL "standard" is one thing but depending on others do the right thing...nope..
I am sure the staff will get fatigued as well.