Expired Hot Deals

[GoodLife Fitness] Goodlife Fitness

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2013 6:58 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 3, 2005
49 posts
damnbiker wrote: Another good reason NOT to join goodlife fitness: There isn't one single location in Toronto that offers child care at a co-ed location, it's only offered at women only Goodlife fitness locations. If you're a single father Goodlife fitness has no interest in accomodating you and does not want your business. :mad:
Pretty sure Victoria Park has child care, think you got some incorrect information.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
1276 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver
Just go w/ a Uni gym.. Most have decent rates, and they usually are pretty good if it's a fair sized Uni..
Jan 18, 2004
350 posts
60 upvotes
ormefocus wrote: Pretty sure Victoria Park has child care, think you got some incorrect information.

If it does, then it has happened within the last year and a half. The information I received came directly from GoodLife fitness at the time. I asked them in a follow up phone call if they were planning on opening any co-ed locations with child minding services and was told that they were not.

EDIT: I just checked their web site. GoodLife Fitness now has two locations in Toronto with child minding services. They still suck. :P
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2005
5787 posts
806 upvotes
YMCA in markham has basic membership for 48 per month.

You can join class, b-ball, swim, and gym. However, the place is always packed and working out there isn't so friendly. Cause it is basically a muscle showdown event, quite intimidating to unfit individuals> :(
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
1684 posts
418 upvotes
Woodbridge
I've been with Goodlife since about 1994 and never really had any issues with them. The facilities at some of the gyms need upgrading but the last one I used to frequent (McCaul & Queen) got upgraded and the machines were better. I used to pay $17 bi-weekly but my wife works for the TDSB so I got in with her at $329/year with towel service and the ability to hit any of the regular clubs.

Lobo
May 31, 2007
25 posts
6 upvotes
Ottawa
robbienorth wrote: I just signd up for a goodlife membership, because i knew someone that was a teacher or worked for TD canada trust, I was able to get a member ship for 29$/MONTH includeing towels and 1 PTrainer session, no initiation fee no extra charges at all.
But i had to pay up front, which is fine by me, I dont like givin access to my CC or bank account. was 294 for 10 months. anything more than 35/month is a scam.

hope this helps

**imagine creative animated signature here**
i got the same deal through environment Canada. Gotta prepay for the year. But it is $29/month, no iniation, activation fees etc. Just $348 total/year.
My suggestion is to contact Goodlife and say that you know of other who got that deal, they can offer you the same, or you are going elsewhere.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2005
3392 posts
731 upvotes
Toronto
I just joined up at ExtremeFitness this weekend. Its at the same location as Ballys (at Markham and Lawrence in Scarb) There was a grand opening weekend sale since the company changed.

I got the special offer of $0 start fee, and $19 for the first and second month, and $56 for the rest of the months. Monthly payment, so you don't need pay upfront.
[AMD Ryzen 5 1600X | Asrock B450M Pro4 | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 3000Mhz | WD BLUE 1TB & Samsung EVO960 240GB SSD| Phanteks P300]
https://www.speedtest.net/result/8898661390.png
Feedbacks:
Ebay
HoFo
Heatware
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1541 posts
76 upvotes
GL members can now use bally gyms, dont know if it works the other way around
...life is nothing more than a journey through the consequences of our actions...

Kingsway Image Instagram || Gallery
Jul 9, 2006
908 posts
72 upvotes
NLI10D wrote: GL members can now use bally gyms, dont know if it works the other way around
Yes it works the other way around.
Mar 8, 2007
576 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Ballys no longer operates any clubs in Canada.

Some of the Ballys and SCCs were sold to Goodlife. And some were sold to Extreme Fitness.

So, it's not true that all GL can use all former Ballys. Only the ones that were sold to GL.

I'm a former Bally member and when I talked to the people at the club yesterday, they said that all of the former Ballys (and I assume SCCs) are getting renovations, including new equipment. And the guy told me that the Gordon Baker location is getting "extensive renovations" and new equipment would be arriving as soon as this week.

Remains to be seen how true this is. Since I'm paid till next year, I guess I'm stuck there to see how this all shakes out.
Feb 8, 2004
230 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
CouchPotato wrote: Ballys no longer operates any clubs in Canada.

Some of the Ballys and SCCs were sold to Goodlife. And some were sold to Extreme Fitness.

So, it's not true that all GL can use all former Ballys. Only the ones that were sold to GL.

I'm a former Bally member and when I talked to the people at the club yesterday, they said that all of the former Ballys (and I assume SCCs) are getting renovations, including new equipment. And the guy told me that the Gordon Baker location is getting "extensive renovations" and new equipment would be arriving as soon as this week.

Remains to be seen how true this is. Since I'm paid till next year, I guess I'm stuck there to see how this all shakes out.
Do you know who bought the Gordon Baker Location (GL or Extreme Fitness)?
Jul 21, 2004
601 posts
4 upvotes
Vaughan (GTA)
My family has a membership in one of the Bally (now Goodlife or Good life fitness) in Toronto, ON, Canada. Long story short (after all the pressure tactics, etc), my mom signed up for 8 personal training sessions (she prepaid ahead). She only attended 2 and became ill after. She received several calls from a personal trainer asking her to make an appointment and all these times my mom said she was not physically able and did NOT set any appointments. NOW, she wanted to cancel all the personal training sessions left (6) due to being physically unable to attend them and to find out that THEY FRAUDULENTLY CHARGED HER FOR 3 PERSONAL SESSIONS. (stole around $200) More in depth, they said that my mom set appointments and did not show up and did not give any notice! This never happened. My mom would never make appointments and not show up without notice. This is clearly fraud on their side. Nobody there wants to talk to her and she keeps being bounced around from rep to rep while the account manager is either at lunch 90% of his shift and the other 10% in meetings.

What can be done about this ? Should I contact my lawyer as of yet or is there any other recourse ? If any Bally/Goodlife employee from the Greater Toronto Area reads this, please contact me.

Are there any other members of Bally/Goodlife fitness in the Geater Toronto Area (Ontario, Canada) that got scammed in the past or are being scammed now? Lets unite for a class action lawsuit. Please message me in private if you are one of the miserable people they have scammed.
Jul 2, 2008
1 posts
I cancelled my membership with Good Life Club and the last payment was to be transacted on May 9th, however The Good Life Club continued to deduct from my account on May 23, June 6 and June 20. I filed a complaint and they said it would take 7-10 days to refund my money. The total was $92.94 however they couldn't even get their accounting right and credited me $92.93. All they said was 'sorry' but they breached their contract and stole from me. Nothing of a tangible nature was made to show they really were sorry. The Good Life Club is a joke. Most of the people who work there are obese and are terrible examples of fitness, and they can't hold onto their staff. No more clubs for me thanks.
Sep 26, 2010
1 posts
Calgary
Goodlife Fitness is going to be hearing from Alberta Consumer Affairs if they don't get their act together.

In January of 2010 my membership expired and I cancelled it as I was considering World Health because this GL location is small. I was paying $15 every two weeks.
So I checked out a couple other local gyms before deciding.

Anyway in February, I was in Superstore and though I would go ask that IF I was to rejoin would I have to resign up or could I just reactivate the account. I saw a young employee named Brittany who said I was just outside of the time period to rejoin under my old membership and she would have to call head office to see if I could or if I would have to sign a NEW membership at the current rate. She took my number and said she would let me know.

So a couple months go by and I get a letter in the mail from Goodlife telling me my accout is past due for something like $70 and I needed to make arrangements as my chequing account was closed (I closed to switch to CIBC for iPhone app from BMO). When I get this letter I go into the club and talk to the manager who infoms me Brittany was no longer there. So she checks it out and there is just a note that client wants to reactivate but there is no new contract or anything else. She then says ok, takes the letter, apolgises for Brittany and on my way I go.

Today, it's September 27 and I get a letter from a Calgary lawyer that the account has been turned over to collection for the amount of $135.

I have emailed the lawyer, the club and head office to get this resolved. Next step is consumer affairs...

I signed up with World Gym on February 23.
Nov 11, 2013
10 posts
2 upvotes
Just got a mail saying I am eligible for $450 a year membership... Is this a good deal??

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)