Tags:
None
[OP]
May 2, 2013
291 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto

Goodlife Fitness cancellation

I have missed two payments for goodlife fitness membership and I paid all together in third month. Do they have right to mess up my credit rating ? I got a call after 8 week, stating that I have missed my payment and they will ruin my credit if I don't pay up. Did not get any info from the caller, just asked me to make payment.

Has this happened to you before ? What happened when you didn't make payment /late payment ?
8 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
If you don't make payments you have contractually agreed to make you are the one messing up your credit rating not the companies you aren't paying!!
Mar 29, 2010
797 posts
186 upvotes
hate the fact that gyms continue to charge even if you don't use their services
and they even go after it like u owe it to them
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2007
3975 posts
1271 upvotes
if you signed a 1 year agreement... they have every right to charge you even if you don't use it.
Banned
Feb 9, 2011
1393 posts
930 upvotes
Edmonton
jjege wrote: hate the fact that gyms continue to charge even if you don't use their services
Then you shouldn't have signed an agreement.
If I sign for TV service but don't watch TV that month, if I sign for cellphone service but I'm out of the country, etc., I'm still going to pay that month..
Feb 1, 2014
802 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
jjege wrote: hate the fact that gyms continue to charge even if you don't use their services
Not sure where you are from but almost every form of service is contract based, expect to pay up or go on tilt.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19929 posts
6859 upvotes
Toronto
You can pay as you go, but like with pretty much anything, paying as you go grants the right to raise prices on very little or no notice.
If you're in a contract, a contract is a contract. You owe no matter what.
Didn't they warn you before signing that any unused time @ the gym is nothing more than a donation to their profits?
You still have to pay no matter what...oh [email protected] Good life automatic withdraw from my bank account was the only method of payment they would accept when I was considering the place...
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
17013 posts
12411 upvotes
Toronto
CrazyJo82 wrote: if you signed a 1 year agreement... they have every right to charge you even if you don't use it.
this
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
19929 posts
6859 upvotes
Toronto
Swerny wrote: this
Yes, this, + they also have the right to close down on you and force you to keep paying, provided that they offer a new location to go to...if it's too far away, too bad, you still have to pay...
(ie they recently bought Extreme fitness. If they felt that two Goodlife gyms are now too close together, they can keep the former Extreme fitness open as a Good Life and close the former Good life location, forcing you to only use the former Extreme fitness location...or any other Goodlife location as desired...)