Fitness and Nutrition

Goodlife Gym Membership Deal (is this good?)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2012 10:21 pm
Tags:
None
May 7, 2007
30 posts
19 upvotes
Hey guys, i just went to their Vaughan location, and got a sweet deal!
Apparently my company is listed on their corporate list (I didn't even know that!) so I now pay 25 biweekly, plus I didn't have to pay anything down, no enrollment, nothing!
Plus, the girl I was dealing with (Andrea) was able to throw in a few perks for me. I got 100 free tanning minutes, a free month, so i'm only really paying for 11 months, a free gym bag and the black goodlife tshirt.
If you're planning on joining, I recommend going to this location and asking for Andrea. Maybe you'll get the same stuff as I did! Tell her that Andrew from RFD sent you, I told her I'd mention her on this site cuz she was so awesome :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
1384 posts
114 upvotes
GTA
andynell wrote: Hey guys, i just went to their Vaughan location, and got a sweet deal!
Apparently my company is listed on their corporate list (I didn't even know that!) so I now pay 25 biweekly, plus I didn't have to pay anything down, no enrollment, nothing!
Plus, the girl I was dealing with (Andrea) was able to throw in a few perks for me. I got 100 free tanning minutes, a free month, so i'm only really paying for 11 months, a free gym bag and the black goodlife tshirt.
If you're planning on joining, I recommend going to this location and asking for Andrea. Maybe you'll get the same stuff as I did! Tell her that Andrew from RFD sent you, I told her I'd mention her on this site cuz she was so awesome :cheesygri
That's whopping $600 / yr... The OP's deal is $450 /yr... Others seem to be paying way less.
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4330 upvotes
so what's the best deal that someone can get just walking in at any one of these gyms? ie. not working for a company who can get a specialized rate.
May 7, 2007
30 posts
19 upvotes
jl001 wrote: That's whopping $600 / yr... The OP's deal is $450 /yr... Others seem to be paying way less.
I know its still a little much, but it works out to be 23.08 bi weekly, plus I got all the little extras, so it kind of evens out for me. For the extra $$ I'm able to use all of their locations, which helps when I'm away at meetings! If I read it correctly, the OP was only able to use it at that location for $24.50, which would be inconvenient for me. Paying $23 vs. 29.50 biweekly for full access to all of their locations is totally worth it. Just my opinion though! :cheesygri
Oct 22, 2007
68 posts
1 upvote
Oshawa
I posted this question in another thread, but thought I would ask here too - does anyone know if you can use the VIP SPC card to get the student discount at Goodlife Fitness?

Thanks!
Banned
Jan 28, 2007
554 posts
49 upvotes
My buddy pays less than $20 a month at the YMCA, when he was signing up he said he is laid off of work, and a student, than they gave him that deal with no contract. this is here in london
Aug 9, 2006
644 posts
13 upvotes
anyone know the current rates for students? monthly or yearly?
Jan 30, 2008
864 posts
353 upvotes
applenano wrote: anyone know the current rates for students? monthly or yearly?
I went in about 2 weeks ago to the Park Road location and was told $30/biweekly and 20% off each membership registered after that. Apparently this is the "corporate" rate? My friend pays thirty something dollars a month with the Gov't of Canada corporate rate for Goodlife.

Our company gym is about $30/mth but the classes are all right before/after work or during the day...I just want to go to Goodlife for their classes but $60 is a little much.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2005
1928 posts
29 upvotes
Scarborough
Bump ... anyone find out some corporate rates within the GTA? Any joining fees? And bi-weekly fees? Does it come with unlimited classes?

Thanks all!
Dec 15, 2011
3 posts
TORONTO
Muncher wrote: Bump ... anyone find out some corporate rates within the GTA? Any joining fees? And bi-weekly fees? Does it come with unlimited classes?

Thanks all!

I asked yesterday and was quoted $25 bi-weekly plus GST, comes to $61 a month.
Not sure if it is good enough. The salesperson refuses to give more discount and insists it applied to all new members. Is it true? Has anyone joined for less lately?
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
193 upvotes
jl001 wrote: That's whopping $600 / yr... The OP's deal is $450 /yr... Others seem to be paying way less.

But you can't get OP's deal in GTA at the moment unless you want to join in the Kitchener area.
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
4596 posts
1321 upvotes
GTA
kkgg77 wrote: I asked yesterday and was quoted $25 bi-weekly plus GST, comes to $61 a month.
Not sure if it is good enough. The salesperson refuses to give more discount and insists it applied to all new members. Is it true? Has anyone joined for less lately?
I registered with them in September and that was the rate I got which was supposed to be a corporate discount as well but it gives me access to all their locations.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2047 posts
292 upvotes
Toronto
ya that's my corporate rate too ($25 biweekly).
I want to pay less than that - anyone have any tips on Goodlife locations to go in and around the GTA that can get me something cheaper than $25 biweekly and allow for multilocations and no enrolment fees? Maybe even towel service?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3605 posts
276 upvotes
kkgg77 wrote: I asked yesterday and was quoted $25 bi-weekly plus GST, comes to $61 a month.

I went to 3 goodlifes in Toronto and all three said $29.50 (+HST)/2 weeks was the lowest they could go and that a 1 year commitment was required. One told me they have a $20.50+HST/2 weeks but that's also a year commitment and with that membership you can only go to that one location rather than being able to use any Goodlife gym. I said I didn't want towels, yoga, kickboxing classes, etc. but that didn't change the price.

I was shocked to see how much gym prices increased since I last signed up for a gym; even the YMCA was $63/mth after tax.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
193 upvotes
Shimso wrote: I went to 3 goodlifes in Toronto and all three said $29.50 (+HST)/2 weeks was the lowest they could go and that a 1 year commitment was required. One told me they have a $20.50+HST/2 weeks but that's also a year commitment and with that membership you can only go to that one location rather than being able to use any Goodlife gym. I said I didn't want towels, yoga, kickboxing classes, etc. but that didn't change the price.

I was shocked to see how much gym prices increased since I last signed up for a gym; even the YMCA was $63/mth after tax.

YMCA was always expensive unless you can get a "subsidized" price. The price you mentioned is more or less the same as I was quoted 10 years ago.
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Feb 23, 2010
438 posts
19 upvotes
so right now i pay $ 55 monthly and my membership expires next month..i was wondering if i can reduce the price after one year..does anybody know?
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2011
1808 posts
518 upvotes
if you guys know a teacher or anyone working for the cupe 4400 school board union they get a sweet deal with their unions, you have to sign up for the edvantage card and there deal is 349 + hst for the year at goodlife equals out to 16.50 bi weekly, and that includes all goodlife places, my gf is a teacher and lives in scarborugh so i go to the one there and i live in bowmanville and also use that one..
May 26, 2010
46 posts
2 upvotes
Markham
shawn01 wrote: if you guys know a teacher or anyone working for the cupe 4400 school board union they get a sweet deal with their unions, you have to sign up for the edvantage card and there deal is 349 + hst for the year at goodlife equals out to 16.50 bi weekly, and that includes all goodlife places, my gf is a teacher and lives in scarborugh so i go to the one there and i live in bowmanville and also use that one..
Edvantage seems to imply that you can only get one for your children or spouse. How did you get around that to get one from your gf?
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2011
1808 posts
518 upvotes
ya thats true i just told them i was living at her house, but im not so call up get it delivered to that persons house and dont worry after that because they wont send anything else to their house, and now i just called up and asked for the goodlife membership give them your edvantage number from the card and they do the rest, so its intially 379.00 + hst from feb 1st to feb 1st and if you resign with the next year BEFORE your membership expires you pay 349.00 + hst instead of 379.00, so listen try to find someone that can just add you to theirs and get it, you can go to any one you want to in canada..
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2009
2182 posts
209 upvotes
Any tips on getting a better deal than the 29.50 crap?
Went there on wednesday and all I was offered was 29.50 even though I stated I was going to be a student in the fall. Oh and I was given a free book to wipe by behind with