Health & Wellness

Goodlife Re-Opening Schedule (Tentatively)

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8550 posts
1501 upvotes

Goodlife Re-Opening Schedule (Tentatively)

Goodlife has posted some updated information pertaining to club re-openings on their website and you can find that information here, https://www.goodlifefitness.com/goodlife-standard. Those dates will be structured between June 15th to July 13th (and you can check your gym's location to see its actual opening date) and the gyms will not be operating as business as usual.

Some highlights are:
- Members will need to use a new online booking system to book their workout time which will be time limited to 1 hour per workout session (see the sample booking photo) and you can only book once per day
- Towel service has been suspended
- Showers will not be available
- Saunas will not be available
- Locker availability will be reduced
- No spotting when working out
- Hair dryers and curling irons will not be available (nor permitted)
- Members will need to maintain a recommended distance of 6ft between each other

For me, some of the above makes the gym useless. Not a fan of no showers and having to go home in street clothes full of sweat, especially in the winter if this continues.
Last edited by Frankie3s on Jun 14th, 2020 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
24 replies
Aug 15, 2016
48 posts
46 upvotes
I hope they change their policy of having to cancel your membership in person. There is no way I will keep mine with all the restrictions.
Oct 27, 2012
857 posts
828 upvotes
Toronto
Frankie3s wrote:
- Masks will need to be worn at all times
I don't see this as a requirement for members? It says GoodLife associates, except Group Fitness instructors teaching.

If it was a requirement to wear a mask while working out, that actually sounds like it would be a hazard. My gym's reopening plan is that members will be required to wear a mask at all times, except while "vigorously training". For that reason plus a few others (e.g. lack of facilities), I'm cancelling.
Mar 6, 2015
689 posts
50 upvotes
Frankie3s wrote: - Masks will need to be worn at all times
Can this give rise to shortness of breath?
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!😃
Meiji: Ambassador Swanbeck, I have concluded that your treaty is NOT in the best interests of my people. So sorry, but you may not.
Swanbeck: This is an outrage!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8550 posts
1501 upvotes
ozzie16 wrote: I don't see this as a requirement for members? It says GoodLife associates, except Group Fitness instructors teaching.

If it was a requirement to wear a mask while working out, that actually sounds like it would be a hazard. My gym's reopening plan is that members will be required to wear a mask at all times, except while "vigorously training". For that reason plus a few others (e.g. lack of facilities), I'm cancelling.
You're correct, masks will need to be worn by associates only at this point. I've edited my post to remove this from the summary. Regardless, these conditions won't work for many and not having showers and only an hour to workout, including in that hour you changing clothes to and from, and what if a piece of equipment is already in use and you have to wait?
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
9345 posts
6964 upvotes
Based on the schedule on their site looks like gyms in the GTA are opening on Monday July 13th. Great news!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
9345 posts
6964 upvotes
Also booking a spot guarantees entry but walk ins permitted based on capacity. Will be a designated waiting area for those waiting to get in.
Sep 26, 2008
898 posts
194 upvotes
Ottawa
Electrah wrote: I noticed a "freeze" membership option available on the Member Login:

https://www.goodlifefitness.com/members/
Thanks for this. Have you tried it? I have no interest in booking a time to go clean GoodLife equipment, so would rather postpone until they are back to something closer to normal operating procedures. Wonder if you can change the date later. If not, might be better to defer as long as possible and request an early end. Noticed this below the date selector for freezing the membership:
No-fee temporary freezes are available between the day Clubs in your province/region open and October 15, 2020.
If you would like to end your freeze early, please contact us.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
6768 posts
1260 upvotes
Scarborough
This is the last thing that should open

Really people sweating, breathing hard etc will be great place for virus spreading

Outside or homegym
Sep 26, 2008
898 posts
194 upvotes
Ottawa
apnayloags wrote: This is the last thing that should open

Really people sweating, breathing hard etc will be great place for virus spreading

Outside or homegym
If you are uncomfortable with returning, you may put your membership on freeze.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6215 posts
5394 upvotes
Calgary
Jenny1975 wrote: If you are uncomfortable with returning, you may put your membership on freeze.
I would rather cancel and rejoin later. I am on a grandfathered rate that I am sure I will lose.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
5729 posts
1858 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: I would rather cancel and rejoin later. I am on a grandfathered rate that I am sure I will lose.
If you put your membership on freeze, that should allow you to keep your grandfathered rate. My grandfathered rate is $15 bi-weekly, I've put it on freeze in the past eg 1 month vacation & not lost my rate. If I cancel & rejoin, current rates are sky-high, like $1000/yr I believe (my brother inquired sometime last yr, rate was atrociously high, I could be wrong about the $1000 figure).