• Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2020 4:42 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1157 posts
1211 upvotes
Roxboro, QC

Google ads can't type rfd

Sometimes given how the new Google ads scroll down, it's impossible to see the text box on your phone. Incredibly frustrating. See picture.
Screenshot_20200407_091514_com.ypg.rfd.jpg
I also can't press the post button unless I keep playing with minimizing the keyboard.
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6325 posts
1508 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I agree. The static google ad is blocking the buttons when its at the bottom and u cant scroll up or down any further.

I was trying to edit a post but the 'post' icon was behind the google ad and i couldnt scroll down any further.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 9, 2003
17617 posts
667 upvotes
The banner at the bottom of pages covering buttons is also awful. Just a fraction of the button is still visible and you end up hitting the ad lots unintentionally.

You also can't read the bottom of posts or the bottom of pages. Don't get me started on how hard it was to edit this post either.

Needs to be fixed. It's like an ad from the early 90s.
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
14719 posts
27695 upvotes
Scarborough
I just created a ticket to get this issue fixed. I'll report back as soon as I have an update to share.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
2549 posts
1130 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Please stop trying to place ads on our screens...

Remember, users are the content creators for this forum.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6325 posts
1508 upvotes
Richmond Hill
TomRFD wrote: I just created a ticket to get this issue fixed. I'll report back as soon as I have an update to share.
Thanks. I understand this site needs to make money. Just be smart with the placement of ads.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1894 posts
1458 upvotes
Came here to post the same thing. Its getting unbearable to use RFD app on android phones
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 9, 2003
17617 posts
667 upvotes
Poulet wrote: Please stop trying to place ads on our screens...

Remember, users are the content creators for this forum.
I don't have a problem with ads, the page needs to make money but ads shouldn't take away from useability ever.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3185 posts
3268 upvotes
GTA
Thank you for this post! So annoying to make a post this morning via RFD App and that silly Wish Ad and Install Button appearing ... reported Ad as repetitive after seeing 5 times. It doesn't auto close either and can't click Post!

Deleted RFD App for now ... and will use RFD via browser until fixed. Thanks @TomRFD for creating a ticket!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
12505 posts
7267 upvotes
Markham
Can't here to express my feelings about these ads as well. As I type this, I can't even see what I'm typing.

Hope 8 don't say something stupid because of these adds.

I won't fix this post for spelling just so you can see how bad this is.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5728 posts
1982 upvotes
Toronto
The dumb banner ad at the bottom of the app is blocking lots of important things, including the post button when trying to post!
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
14719 posts
27695 upvotes
Scarborough
Just an update that the devs have removed the ad on forums web view in the next release and I believe that version should already be available for those in the beta program. If you want to join the beta program you can sign up within the app itself.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9502 posts
4711 upvotes
Markham
TomRFD wrote: Just an update that the devs have removed the ad on forums web view in the next release and I believe that version should already be available for those in the beta program. If you want to join the beta program you can sign up within the app itself.
Thanks

@tomrfd ,in development team, do they have UX/UI designers?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
12505 posts
7267 upvotes
Markham
TomRFD wrote: Just an update that the devs have removed the ad on forums web view in the next release and I believe that version should already be available for those in the beta program. If you want to join the beta program you can sign up within the app itself.
Thanks for speedy response. As I type on my phone, it's nice to be able to correct what I'm typing and not make spelling mistakes that have to be edited afterwards.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3185 posts
3268 upvotes
GTA
@TomRFD hope you're having a good week so far!

Reinstalled the app last week ...

Went to edit a post from the app; Post button at the bottom in a partial grayed out area, and not able to click on it.

Edit: tried again, and it seemed to Post, however, seems you have to press hard and more than once; same with Preview ... not sure if it's a placement issue; no problems in the past, prior to the google ads appearing at the bottom of the screen. Thanks for your help!
Images
  • Screenshot_20200428_090547.jpg
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
14719 posts
27695 upvotes
Scarborough
mzmoney wrote: @TomRFD hope you're having a good week so far!

Reinstalled the app last week ...

Went to edit a post from the app; Post button at the bottom in a partial grayed out area, and not able to click on it.

Edit: tried again, and it seemed to Post, however, seems you have to press hard and more than once; same with Preview ... not sure if it's a placement issue; no problems in the past, prior to the google ads appearing at the bottom of the screen. Thanks for your help!
So far so good. Thanks for reporting this. I passed it over to the web development team and a fix could be out as early as tomorrow.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3185 posts
3268 upvotes
GTA
TomRFD wrote: So far so good. Thanks for reporting this. I passed it over to the web development team and a fix could be out as early as tomorrow.
Hey Tom, tried to modify a post earlier and still an issue with Post button at bottom of page. No rush, just thought I would mention, before I forget!

Ps is there a general thread to report these Android app issues or best to continue using this specific thread?
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
14719 posts
27695 upvotes
Scarborough
mzmoney wrote: Hey Tom, tried to modify a post earlier and still an issue with Post button at bottom of page. No rush, just thought I would mention, before I forget!

Ps is there a general thread to report these Android app issues or best to continue using this specific thread?
I'm pretty sure the update with the fix for this went out to the beta group, but I'm not 100% sure if it's out for regular users too. Which group are you in?

If you can find a related thread to use, feel free to post issues there or you can start a new one. I subscribe to this forum so I'll see it one way or another.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3185 posts
3268 upvotes
GTA
TomRFD wrote: I'm pretty sure the update with the fix for this went out to the beta group, but I'm not 100% sure if it's out for regular users too. Which group are you in?

If you can find a related thread to use, feel free to post issues there or you can start a new one. I subscribe to this forum so I'll see it one way or another.
Regular ... can you tell me more about the beta program and how to join?

Thanks Tom!
Administrator
User avatar
Jun 17, 2013
14719 posts
27695 upvotes
Scarborough
mzmoney wrote: Regular ... can you tell me more about the beta program and how to join?

Thanks Tom!
Within the settings menu there's an option to join the beta program.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].

Top