Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 25, 2004
113 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto

Google charge my CC as "Money Transfer Money Orders"

My kid's gmail was disabled because of the age. The only way to get it works again was to do a birthday verification with Credit card. Google will charge the CC for USD$0.30.

So i though that's fine just $0.3 but i was wrong. Today I checked my CC account and the transaction showed as "Money Transfer/ Money Order" and i was charged extra $5 cash advance fee.

I called the CC company and they said i should contact Google. I tried to search on google to see how to contact them but i could not find any phone number.

Do you have the same experience? What should I do to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
2168 posts
1679 upvotes
GTA
I find it odd that Google charged money for verification, normally they would just place a pending transaction...
Banned
Jun 8, 2008
3977 posts
1415 upvotes
Toronto
I had to do the same thing - paid through my PC Mastercard and rang up as a purchase.
Banned
Jun 8, 2008
3977 posts
1415 upvotes
Toronto
martydxb wrote: I find it odd that Google charged money for verification, normally they would just place a pending transaction...
They end up donating the money to something... its so small I'm sure most people don't care.
[OP]
Dec 25, 2004
113 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
wirebound wrote: They end up donating the money to something... its so small I'm sure most people don't care.
That's the reason I just paid without thinking. But not for cash advance...

Did you pay recently? Do you mind send me a screenshot of the transaction?
Here is the transaction on my Rogers CC.
Images
  • Rogers CC.png
[OP]
Dec 25, 2004
113 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
wirebound wrote: Here you go...
Thanks alot.

I did some research and found out that someone also had the same issue with Google voice when topping up recently. Looks like Google changed the Merchant Code by mistake..

I also post on the Google support forums and will keep an eye on it. I will not pay any Google services until this issue is solved.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2010
2168 posts
1679 upvotes
GTA
Please post back on how Rogers ends up treating this after you explain it to them (in case you call back). I know they said it was Google's problem but its all said and done since the transaction has been posted and interest is generating on your account.