[Google.com] $111.20 Stadia Premiere $71.20 Stadia Controller

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 10:22 am
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2225 posts
2967 upvotes
Windsor
bhrm wrote: The hate was from last year's lackluster launch, glitches and quirks also combined with poor confusing marketing and no one really understood the model at first glance. i started in March when they offered the free 3 months and by week 2 I ordered a controller and CCU. Cloud gaming makes so much sense and has been a great in-between gen console. 4k HDR 60fps gaming for $100ish essentially. Yes limited game library but all I play is Destiny 2, some Grid, and looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077. To get the same experience I would need a Xbox One X, and pay for xbox live gold.
So u only got to play Destiny 2 in the past 7 months while I got these
Capture.PNG
Good for u I guess lol
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4425 posts
2513 upvotes
mymuro wrote: So u only got to play Destiny 2 in the past 7 months while I got these
Capture.PNG

Good for u I guess lol
Out of that list I do play Halo MCC, I bought it long days ago, but paying for xbox live gold, and awful load times killed the experience for me. Forza...every load puts me to sleep.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
4581 posts
1932 upvotes
Anyone know if this controller works with other consoles like Xbox, PS4, switch?

I tried looking on Google and got some mixed answers.
Apr 23, 2015
147 posts
99 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
Amazon coming out with their own version and the business model looks way better. Monthly price subscription and you can add channels. Much better.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2007
1417 posts
1268 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: I get the hate for LoU2, for Battlefield V, and for any pandering game that undermines story and gameplay to placate.

I don't get the hate for Stadia, and I think the FUD'ing might undermine a legitimate nascent market. Cloud gaming will eventually become big, and as much as I may distrust Google, I'd like to see an entrant like them in this space.

My two cents.
LOL

" I get the hate for adding women to video games but I don't understand why people have negative views of an inferior and more expensive product"
Jan 1, 2008
498 posts
165 upvotes
Brossard
nullptr wrote: I have been following the platform for a bit now, and it looks like they are in it for the long haul. From an interview with some of the developers working on Stadia, they have also confirmed it.
Of course they can just be saying that but here are a few other things that imply they are sticking around:
It's extremely rare that Google scraps a service with a subscription option.
They have also bought out game studios, and have made 3 of their own game studios (1 in Japan, Canada and England).
They have been working on also integrating this service with YouTube, where you can live stream games and let people watching vote on outcomes in game and also let viewers join your game. These features are still in progress but they have been rolled out for a select set of games.
On the flip side, they've also stopped including the Stadia logo on their own products while displaying those of competing services... For what that's worth
Mar 11, 2019
74 posts
81 upvotes
trinxified wrote: Anyone know if this controller works with other consoles like Xbox, PS4, switch?

I tried looking on Google and got some mixed answers.
It doesn't work with consoles.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4425 posts
2513 upvotes
WilliamS17867 wrote: It doesn't work with consoles.
using a USB cable it should, works with smartphones/tablets