Expired Hot Deals

[Google.com] $150 Google Store credit WUB Google Pixel 3a 3aXL

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2019 1:40 pm
May 2, 2014
106 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The Pixel 3 should have been at this price. glad they have included the headphone jack.
Dec 12, 2010
286 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver
tmonies wrote:
May 11th, 2019 8:37 pm
Definitely the minority. I've tried 3 pixel/nexus phones and at least 3 or 4 galaxy phones. Pixel phones are only good for the faster OS updates (not that everyone cares what OS version their on anyway) and the Pixel camera algorithm.

Otherwise it's a piece of budget (below spec) tech that simply has the Google branding. If you're talking value, it is probably worse than Apple given the amount of your personal data they are using and mining.

In the end, your hardware will limit you more than your software. Especially given that Android is more of a resource hog than iOS.

The Pixel 3a is more on par with a Galaxy S9... And even then, it's slightly worse... As always, google sells last year's tech for this year's prices. The S9 on the 360 Koodo deals were much better value than this Pixel 3a
Alright we get it. You're a hater. Why are you even in this thread?
Dec 17, 2006
129 posts
27 upvotes
Calgary
Why would anyone buy these phones right away? If it's anything like the Pixel 3 series these things will drop within 2 months and the same people who bought the phone will be in that thread complaining they got ripped off
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8026 posts
545 upvotes
Scarborough
By IP address default, you would be on .CA Google Play Store. I assume you were located in Canada when you ordered the phone, The $150 credit would apply to your Google account.
kool_buddy wrote:
May 11th, 2019 11:58 pm

I used a Canadian credit card but I wonder if Google will see that my Google account is "Indian" as I have been using this Google account between India and Canada over a decade.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
1926 posts
221 upvotes
YVR
Menace wrote:
May 12th, 2019 9:30 am
By IP address default, you would be on .CA Google Play Store. I assume you were located in Canada when you ordered the phone, The $150 credit would apply to your Google account.
Different situation then. For those that are overseas like myself but ordering on the Canadian website and shipping to a Canadian address. I don't see any reasons why Google would prevent the credit from going through.
Zoomer
Feb 21, 2019
10 posts
5 upvotes
I used indian credit card and google.ca store, and canadian shipping address , will it be ok?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
1992 posts
1053 upvotes
Toronto
For anyone that’s into photo/video gear, B&H is selling with $100 B&H gift card on preorder.

Best deal if you have an American friend outside of NYC, I believe saves on tax too. Of course, this is in USD.
Mar 27, 2010
103 posts
12 upvotes
Menace wrote:
May 12th, 2019 9:30 am
Yea, very much in Canada. Sitting in Mississauga. Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2005
7346 posts
2578 upvotes
Markham
Gotta give Google credit for running their promo like this. Pay $550 and get $150 in credit means you still have to find something to buy/use the credit on. If they find this promo good, next time it's gonna be $650 and $250 credit and then $800 and $400 credit. Personally I hate these types of "deals" because I'm stuck with credit for year after year. Just give me the phone for $400 and I'll say thanks.

If I want this phone, I'll probably be able to buy it soon on BST for roughly this price as there's always gonna be buyer regret or some other deal will come.

Too bad Google doesn't make a dual SIM Pixel phone.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Jul 27, 2010
941 posts
673 upvotes
Victoria, BC
gr8dlr wrote:
May 12th, 2019 12:32 pm
Gotta give Google credit for running their promo like this. Pay $550 and get $150 in credit means you still have to find something to buy/use the credit on. If they find this promo good, next time it's gonna be $650 and $250 credit and then $800 and $400 credit. Personally I hate these types of "deals" because I'm stuck with credit for year after year. Just give me the phone for $400 and I'll say thanks.

If I want this phone, I'll probably be able to buy it soon on BST for roughly this price as there's always gonna be buyer regret or some other deal will come.
What's not mentioned in this thread is the $150.00 promotional balance expires August 24, 2019. It also says it could take 6 weeks after the promotion ends (yesterday) to receive the promo. So people who get it might only have 1-2 months to use it. I guess that addresses your issue of having "credit year after year" but not in the way you/anyone would want Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye

I was strongly tempted to buy and use the credit for cases/accessories but i know they'll be out of stock and probably won't be available until after the promo expires. The promo seems basically a trap to force people to buy Google Home products, but I don't want to do that.
gr8dlr wrote:
May 12th, 2019 12:32 pm

Too bad Google doesn't make a dual SIM Pixel phone.
Lack of dual SIM and storage is what keeps me from this phone because I need those things.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
1497 posts
1152 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote:
May 12th, 2019 4:15 pm
The Redmi Note 7 costs a third of that and the camera is great with the Gcam APK. It is also Dual sim and has a significantly bigger battery and built-in call recording.
Camera is not even comparable. Also zero warranty or support

It's literally totally different class of phone's
Mar 27, 2010
103 posts
12 upvotes
1_blue_pixel wrote:
May 12th, 2019 4:10 pm
What's not mentioned in this thread is the $150.00 promotional balance expires August 24, 2019. It also says it could take 6 weeks after the promotion ends (yesterday) to receive the promo. So people who get it might only have 1-2 months to use it. I guess that addresses your issue of having "credit year after year" but not in the way you/anyone would want Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye

I was strongly tempted to buy and use the credit for cases/accessories but i know they'll be out of stock and probably won't be available until after the promo expires. The promo seems basically a trap to force people to buy Google Home products, but I don't want to do that.

Lack of dual SIM and storage is what keeps me from this phone because I need those things.
I think it was mentioned somewhere in this thread that the $150 promotional balance expires August 24, 2019!!
Jun 6, 2012
161 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
Deal is dead. I was actually just about to buy it...