Expired Hot Deals

[Google.com] $150 Google Store credit WUB Google Pixel 3a 3aXL

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2019 1:40 pm
Member
Feb 14, 2019
335 posts
195 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote: They won't, they gave an explanation why the 3a has it, something to do with demographics and don't expect it on future phones.

Most likely it's a one off and even the 4a won't have it
Might have something to do with the IP rating as well. One less port to worry about. 3a isn't waterproof like the regular 3.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7216 posts
4596 upvotes
Canada
Majokito wrote: Might have something to do with the IP rating as well. One less port to worry about. 3a isn't waterproof like the regular 3.
Lots of phone with IP rating and headphone jack
Tangerine, Public Mobile, and Freedom Mobile customer
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7216 posts
4596 upvotes
Canada
Anyone know Koodo pricing?

S10e seems it will be very close in price to 3aXL and that's a superior phone
Tangerine, Public Mobile, and Freedom Mobile customer
Member
Feb 14, 2019
335 posts
195 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote: Lots of phone with IP rating and headphone jack
Yeah, but maybe it's a cost cutting reason? Just a suggestion.
Sr. Member
Aug 18, 2013
608 posts
546 upvotes
AB
hilarious how google reintroduced the jack here, as if not having it is some sort of upgrade in the pixel.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
2075 posts
1537 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote: Anyone know Koodo pricing?

S10e seems it will be very close in price to 3aXL and that's a superior phone
Except the camera and battery
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
2075 posts
1537 upvotes
plllll0 wrote: hilarious how google reintroduced the jack here, as if not having it is some sort of upgrade in the pixel.
It's a budget phone, budget phones have headphone jacks, premium phones mostly don't
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7216 posts
4596 upvotes
Canada
Majokito wrote: Yeah, but maybe it's a cost cutting reason? Just a suggestion.
Probably.... I think they needed enough differentiating features from the regular pixel. Same with wireless charging. The $300 nexus 4 had it

They probably thought Camera and 3yr of support is what will sell the phone over ip68 or wireless charging. I think they're on the right track
Tangerine, Public Mobile, and Freedom Mobile customer
Newbie
Nov 25, 2018
27 posts
12 upvotes
Any idea when providers will receive the 3a/3aXL?
Long time lurker, essential phone 😎
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 16, 2015
1820 posts
1251 upvotes
Canada
Waiting for buy 1 get 50% off deal next month...
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14454 posts
3671 upvotes
L4cky wrote: Buy one

Use credit to buy another one.

Return first one.

This is how avs will win the cup
I hope your statement about the Avs also isn't wrong.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Member
Feb 14, 2019
335 posts
195 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote: Probably.... I think they needed enough differentiating features from the regular pixel. Same with wireless charging. The $300 nexus 4 had it

They probably thought Camera and 3yr of support is what will sell the phone over ip68 or wireless charging. I think they're on the right track
Yeah, for sure. Most people I know don't really need all that extra processing power, wireless charging, IP68, etc. The majority of the people probably use their phones primarily for web browsing, social media and photos.
Member
Aug 17, 2018
488 posts
297 upvotes
Google already lost in the flagship catagory and are now entering the mid-rangers but beside the camera which is quickly becoming nothing special this is just a over-priced android one device.
Newbie
Nov 22, 2010
48 posts
Toronto
Does pixel 3a support dual sims, i.e. esim+physical sim, and dual standby?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 2, 2004
1752 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Redsanta wrote: Waiting for buy 1 get 50% off deal next month...
Assuming they'll do that for the Pixel 3a, no guarantees.
Paulfistinyourface wrote:This is RFD. High moral values are way down the ladder of acceptability around here. It's all about stepping on your grandmothers throat to save a buck.
Heatware

Top