Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Google.com Black Friday

Chromecast 4k $54.99 ($15 off), Chromecast HD $29.99 ($10 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2022 8:38 pm
Aug 18, 2013
377 posts
343 upvotes
NCR
duckdown wrote: My understanding is the Chromecast experience is way better because you can do a bunch of stuff you can't do on the Firestick, such as use custom launchers (not via Launch on Boot), bind a custom launcher to the home key, etc. (maybe someone can chime in)

The Firestick 4K Max is a bit more powerful but at the tradeoff of being forced into their ecosystem and there are no working bypasses at this moment, at least from what I can gather on XDA-Developers. Best I have been able to do with them when I send them out is use Launch On Boot to load a launcher or IPTV app upon bootup, but there's a super long 10 second delay or so before it launches, and it annoys me quite a lot. Also no binding Launcher to home button stinks.

If the prices were identical, and they haven't been yet, I would buy the Chromecast. But not for more than $45, which is the current ATL for the Firestick 4K Max.
When you say more powerful, is it more responsive, snappier? If not, then I'd rather pay the extra $10ish to not have to be on the Alexa ecosystem when I have Android stuff already.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1230 posts
659 upvotes
Vancouver
I am still using the Firestick 4K (from 2019, non-MAX version) and i tried the Chromecast 4k last BF. Overall, we did not really like the Chromecast interface or the remote. The feedback i got was that the remote was mushy and hard to find the buttons in the dark vs the firestick remote. I find the Firestick a bit laggy (interface, not playback) for some apps, particularly Plex. Encountered the same interface lag in the Chromecast. So in the end, i returned the CC 4K.

I would say its just preference, maybe give it a try, if not return. I found google's returns really easy.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1975 posts
1314 upvotes
I paid $49.99 @ BB end of September for the 4K
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1953 upvotes
Elmira
Damn, Amazon straight up restricted me from buying any more. I got a big red text block when I try to checkout saying I've exceeded my limits. Looks like same price at Wal-Mart and Best Buy, headed there tomorrow, hopefully price holds! Cheers!
Dec 10, 2003
199 posts
61 upvotes
Rakuten has 10% cash back for Dell today. Chromecast is the same price as elsewhere at Dell.
May 6, 2014
231 posts
540 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Nifty little device. Use a US VPN to get the Ninja Turtles channel on Pluto
Don't drink the tap water
Oct 19, 2003
522 posts
907 upvotes
Toronto
Rakuten has 15% CB on Dell right now. Bought Chromecast 4K for $55 off Dell, stacked with Rakuten.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)