Deal Link:
Price:
$269
Savings:
$80 off
Retailer:
Google.com
More offers from Google.com
Missed out on the Eero sale, and while searching for routers noticed that Google has the 2 pack on sale. HD recently had the 2pack on sale for $299.

Tried price matching with HD but they do not price match manufactures.

https://store.google.com/ca/product/nes ... point_snow
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 31st, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
7 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2389 posts
1509 upvotes
Montreal
Is that a good price considering 802.11ax is here?
Dec 15, 2017
12 posts
5 upvotes
If you have or thinking of getting Gigabit internet. I would hold of buying these old wifi 5 routers. All new devices moving forward is going to be Wifi 6(802.11ax) I've seen wifi speeds to like 700-800mbps. Phones like iPhone 11,Samsung S10 S20, oneplus 8 pro etc these are all wifi 6 phones.

If you don't have access to gigabit internet. Then definitely consider buying these routers.
Oct 24, 2011
809 posts
665 upvotes
SURREY
Heads up that Best Buy has the 3 pack (hub and two access points) for $379 if you need extra coverage.
If it’s not at least 50% off is it really a deal?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2109 posts
673 upvotes
If anyone is considering going mesh, I highly recommend you do wait for the next eero sale since OP brought it up.

Eero has a quite unique mesh tech that Really sets them apart that’s patented. Features like Dynamic backhaul, continuous optimization, lowest latency, A great security record are just to name a few. Check out the last few eero threads. I’ve switched back in March coming from a self managed two AP setup and couldn’t be happier.

Also, wireless ax is not that much faster than ac and is more like a rebranding or standardization of existing wireles ac tech. It uses the same 5Ghz band so it’s still susceptible to the same range and obstruction issues, and wireless ax doesn’t get interesting until wifi6e comes out that uses the 6ghz band. That’s where the real speed advantages come to play.

In any case peak speeds is really a pointless indicator of mesh performance considering how easily 5Ghz is blocked.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2389 posts
1509 upvotes
Montreal
jasonjuiceon wrote: If you don't have access to gigabit internet. Then definitely consider buying these routers.
It's not only about the fast internet though. It's also about better signal range and faster signal throughput on WiFi.
Jan 1, 2018
82 posts
34 upvotes
xblackdemonx wrote: It's not only about the fast internet though. It's also about better signal range and faster signal throughput on WiFi.

Read post before yours, which is correct.