Cell Phones

Google Pixel 3A/3AXL - $549/649 + tax (outright, no contract)

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2019 10:40 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
1791 posts
10157 upvotes

Google Pixel 3A/3AXL - $549/649 + tax (outright, no contract)

Google IO 2019 just wrapped and as a part of the event the budget-line Google Pixel 3A / 3AXL were released.
https://store.google.com/product/pixel_3a

Image
  • Display: 5.6 inches, 2220 x 1080 (3A); 6 inches, 2160 x 1080 (3A XL)
  • Dragontrail Glass
  • Size and Weight: 6.0 x 2.8 x 0.3 inches, 147g (3A); 6.3 x 3.0 x 0.3 inches, 167g (3A XL)
  • Battery: 3,000mAh (3A); 3,700mAh (3A XL)
  • Memory: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM
  • Storage: 64GB
  • Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 670: 2.0GHz + 1.7GHz, Adreno 615 Graphics
  • Rear camera: 12.2-megapixel with optical + electronic image stabilization; f/1.8 aperture
  • Front camera: 8-megapixel with f/2.0 aperture, 84-degree field of view





More information: https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/7/18530 ... es-io-2019
71 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 7, 2007
2113 posts
1542 upvotes
Fredericton
Plus $150 Google Store credit.
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 7, 2007
2113 posts
1542 upvotes
Fredericton
tintin2k2 wrote: Only applies to the Pixel 3a...
Get $150 Promotional Balance when you buy Pixel 3a/3a XL from Google Store
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 22, 2007
6425 posts
2101 upvotes
Caledon
smuPoker wrote: Get $150 Promotional Balance when you buy Pixel 3a/3a XL from Google Store
source ?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 12, 2008
4221 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
smuPoker wrote: Get $150 Promotional Balance when you buy Pixel 3a/3a XL from Google Store
https://store.google.com/collection/offers

You are wrong. Maybe this applies to the US but definitely not Canada.

Definitely interested in the Pixel 3aXL but only if the reviews turn out well. I am hoping the 4GB of ram that is built in doesn't cause performance issues like it did with the bigger brother. Too many people complained about performance but stellar reviews for the camera. Time will tell.
Last edited by Zero1 on May 7th, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing to see here...keep looking.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 22, 2007
6425 posts
2101 upvotes
Caledon
nvm found it

Terms and Conditions
Get $150 Promotional Balance when you buy Pixel 3a/3a XL from Google Store. Offer valid through May 11, 2019 at 11:59pm PT. Available only to Canada residents aged 18 years or older with shipping addresses in Canada. Customers who checkout as guests are ineligible to receive the Promotional Balance. Recipients must have Google Pay profiles registered to the country where purchase was made in order for the Promotional Balance to be issued and once issued will be in the currency of the country where purchase was made. Limit 1 per customer. Offer isn’t valid if the device is returned. Customers will receive an email notifying them Promotional Balance is added to their account within 6 weeks after the end of the promotion. It’s non-transferable, and not valid for cash or a cash equivalent. Available only while supplies last. Shipping charges may apply at checkout. Void where prohibited. Promotional balance expires on August 24, 2019. Terms of sale and additional Promotional Balance terms apply: https://store.google.com/intl/en_ca/abo ... terms.html
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 7, 2007
2113 posts
1542 upvotes
Fredericton
Zero1 wrote: https://store.google.com/collection/offers

You are wrong. Maybe this applies to the US but definitely not Canada.
I am not wrong.

"Terms and Conditions
Get $150 Promotional Balance when you buy Pixel 3a/3a XL from Google Store. Offer valid through May 11, 2019 at 11:59pm PT. Available only to Canada residents aged 18 years or older with shipping addresses in Canada. Customers who checkout as guests are ineligible to receive the Promotional Balance. Recipients must have Google Pay profiles registered to the country where purchase was made in order for the Promotional Balance to be issued and once issued will be in the currency of the country where purchase was made. Limit 1 per customer. Offer isn’t valid if the device is returned. Customers will receive an email notifying them Promotional Balance is added to their account within 6 weeks after the end of the promotion. It’s non-transferable, and not valid for cash or a cash equivalent. Available only while supplies last. Shipping charges may apply at checkout. Void where prohibited. Promotional balance expires on August 24, 2019. Terms of sale and additional ..."
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 12, 2008
4221 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
smuPoker wrote: I am not wrong.

"Terms and Conditions
Get $150 Promotional Balance when you buy Pixel 3a/3a XL from Google Store. Offer valid through May 11, 2019 at 11:59pm PT. Available only to Canada residents aged 18 years or older with shipping addresses in Canada. Customers who checkout as guests are ineligible to receive the Promotional Balance. Recipients must have Google Pay profiles registered to the country where purchase was made in order for the Promotional Balance to be issued and once issued will be in the currency of the country where purchase was made. Limit 1 per customer. Offer isn’t valid if the device is returned. Customers will receive an email notifying them Promotional Balance is added to their account within 6 weeks after the end of the promotion. It’s non-transferable, and not valid for cash or a cash equivalent. Available only while supplies last. Shipping charges may apply at checkout. Void where prohibited. Promotional balance expires on August 24, 2019. Terms of sale and additional ..."
Spoke to soon. I stand corrected. Still don't think I would buy just yet, have to see how the hardware stands over time (least a couple of months) and google hasn't been known for good quality production yet. Still things to iron out.
Nothing to see here...keep looking.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 2, 2006
6285 posts
1166 upvotes
Mississauga
no notch is a winner and all i really care about is they brought over the camera

wished the offered the wireless stand instead of the play credit
Jr. Member
Sep 13, 2011
111 posts
165 upvotes
THORNHILL
Longobongo wrote: no notch is a winner and all i really care about is they brought over the camera

wished the offered the wireless stand instead of the play credit

These new pixels do not support wireless charging. Thankfully no ugly notch on it though.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 2, 2006
6285 posts
1166 upvotes
Mississauga
slater22 wrote: These new pixels do not support wireless charging. Thankfully no ugly notch on it though.
damn that sucks, its store credit right and not play credit? could use it towards a case or something
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 12, 2008
4221 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
Yup no notch is a BIG bonus with this. I never cared for wireless charging so that never affected my purchase decisions. Heck if the phone came without NFC, i wouldn't care either. That's a feature i never use at all.
Nothing to see here...keep looking.
Member
User avatar
Dec 20, 2010
434 posts
366 upvotes
Finally a current phone I can consider since it has a headphone jack
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1339 posts
1036 upvotes
Gatineau
Damn I bought my Pixel 3XL for 650 lol
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9650 posts
1036 upvotes
Going to wait for Boxing day when Koodo hopefully offers deep discounts for these and potentially the Pixel 4 lineup.

Most people in the know got the Pixel 3 or XL for around 600 to 800 bucks.

Im wondering if these phones use LG screens... If so it's already off my list.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 18, 2011
1334 posts
947 upvotes
Pickering
Heythumb88 wrote: Damn I bought my Pixel 3XL for 650 lol

If GSM Arena is anything to go by, the 3aXL gets a...


Plastic body, instead of aluminum
Headphone jack
No wireless charging
It's not dust/water resistant
No eSim
No front dual camera set up
Less screen/body ratio and resolution


But still the excellent camera and OLED (instead of P-Oled) screen. Plus it's slightly taller with more length and less width than the XL. And less weight.


Not bad at all, IMO. I think I can live without most of those things, but I would like to have it in hand before I make a decision for Black Friday/Boxing day deals... if they go for sale.
CTC employee

Sport Chek / Canadian Tire / Party City discount
Telus EPP $50/20GB/BYOD
Bell EPP $50/20GB/BYOD
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7594 posts
5081 upvotes
Canada
Richard1986 wrote: If GSM Arena is anything to go by, the 3aXL gets a...


Plastic body, instead of aluminum
Headphone jack
No wireless charging
It's not dust/water resistant
No eSim
No front dual camera set up
Less screen/body ratio and resolution


But still the excellent camera and OLED (instead of P-Oled) screen. Plus it's slightly taller with more length and less width than the XL. And less weight.


Not bad at all, IMO. I think I can live without most of those things, but I would like to have it in hand before I make a decision for Black Friday/Boxing day deals... if they go for sale.
It does have esim.
The 3a xl is still 18:9, similar to pixel 2xl.
The smaller 3a is 18.5:9 though

Top