Expired Hot Deals

[Google.com] Google Pixel Buds $129 (Save $90)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2019 10:26 am
[OP]
Nov 9, 2018
11 posts
11 upvotes

[Google.com] Google Pixel Buds $129 (Save $90)

Deal Link:
Price:
$129
Savings:
Save $90
Retailer:
Google.com
More offers from Google.com
Both colours available.

I think this might be the lowest price for these.
17 replies
Oct 8, 2011
849 posts
2212 upvotes
I would wait for these to go lower. Not worth it even at $130
Nov 9, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
I think a newer version of pixel buds are coming out this fall.. they are trying to clear the stock I guess
Feb 6, 2015
93 posts
53 upvotes
Calgary
Maybe someone who owns these can comment, but I own the ones that came with the Pixel 3. They are really uncomfortable, and falls out often even when the loop-thingy on the buds are adjusted. It's a shame.

Seems like a good idea, but the earbuds that came on the Pixel 3 are incredibly impractical. Resorted to using my old $20 earbuds instead.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4639 posts
1438 upvotes
Toronto
Tempted to try these just because there don't seem to be a lot of options for earphones that aren't fully sealed or noise cancelling or that don't jam deep into your ear - I always find those way too uncomfortable.
Mar 14, 2019
118 posts
150 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Doesn't sound like a great price for these.
Mar 7, 2011
217 posts
291 upvotes
Silverfox555 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2019 10:52 pm
Maybe someone who owns these can comment, but I own the ones that came with the Pixel 3. They are really uncomfortable, and falls out often even when the loop-thingy on the buds are adjusted. It's a shame.

Seems like a good idea, but the earbuds that came on the Pixel 3 are incredibly impractical. Resorted to using my old $20 earbuds instead.
Strange. Those loop are adjustable so that it doesn't fall out from ear. I don't have the issue you are describing. Sound quality is also very good for music.
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14692 posts
1065 upvotes
Markham
Silverfox555 wrote:
Sep 1st, 2019 10:52 pm

Own the pixel 3xl, and I have the same comments about the wired version of these earbuds as you, they are uncomfortable when fitted tight enough that they won't fall out (by adjusting the loop longer, it pokes into other parts of the ear)
Manatus wrote:
Sep 1st, 2019 10:56 pm
Tempted to try these just because there don't seem to be a lot of options for earphones that aren't fully sealed or noise cancelling or that don't jam deep into your ear - I always find those way too uncomfortable.
Same, the choices for ambient noise earbuds aren't much... Airpods... Generic China earbuds...

I've been looking at bone conduction
yashgandhi wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2019 1:18 am
Strange. Those loop are adjustable so that it doesn't fall out from ear. I don't have the issue you are describing. Sound quality is also very good for music.
The sound quality is adequate for non-sealing earbuds... Most people will find it lacks any bass at all, and they aren't very loud... All due to its open non-sealing design
ShadowVlican
Dec 6, 2010
220 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Damn too bad the leg is broken.. This is a sweet deals yo.
Jul 5, 2012
37 posts
34 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
I got a pair I stopped using for a month now if anyone wants. Obviously I'd sterilize the #### out of them.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
24018 posts
9536 upvotes
Were these the same ones that were supposed to do live translation of speech?
If so, I'd buy.

If they're just regular wireless earbuds, pass.
Aug 1, 2013
332 posts
242 upvotes
The Lower Mainland
ShadowVlican wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2019 1:36 am
Own the pixel 3xl, and I have the same comments about the wired version of these earbuds as you, they are uncomfortable when fitted tight enough that they won't fall out (by adjusting the loop longer, it pokes into other parts of the ear)

Same, the choices for ambient noise earbuds aren't much... Airpods... Generic China earbuds...

I've been looking at bone conduction

The sound quality is adequate for non-sealing earbuds... Most people will find it lacks any bass at all, and they aren't very loud... All due to its open non-sealing design
I got a friend that has the Aftershokz and he loves them for all that's worth. I've tried his too and they're pretty nice but its not truly silent. There's quite a bit of sound bleed at medium to high volumes.
~ T R Y I N G - T O - E S C A P E - K O O D O ~
Oct 16, 2012
231 posts
38 upvotes
Vancouver
I haven't compared battery life of headphones but these have 5 hours of play time.

I own the wired version which cost $30 from the Google Play Store and also came with my Pixel 3, which I think are pretty good headphones given the selection out there for USB-C headphones.

The sound is ok, possibly it's just my adjustment is wrong but the speaker hole seems to be facing downwards in my ear canal with the adjustment loop catered to my ear shape which probably contributes to the muffled sound.

The google assistant feature is actually helpful as it is instantaneous in listening when you hold the volume up button. Just speak and your phone will understand right away.

Durability is alright, I have used them for the gym and running and they stay on pretty well.

I could assume most of these facts apply to the wireless version but if I had a choice, I prefer wired all the time as its one less thing to think about charging!