[Google.com] Google Play: 4K movies up to 70% off

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2019 10:01 pm
Feb 4, 2019
134 posts
136 upvotes
audit13 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 7:12 pm
You needed to link your UV account to your Flixster account before July 31/19 in order to have the movies migrate from Flixster to Google. To be safe, I also linked my UV to Vudu. I then linked Google and Vudu to Movies Anywhere.
My UV and Flixter have been linked for ages. They never quite said how they were supposed to migrate that to GP though. I never had Vudu or Movies Anywhere and was under the impression Movies Anywhere didn't work in Canada anyway.

So did your UV and Flixter movies show up on Google Play then? I just realized I haven't checked in awhile to see if they did it without anything from me.
Feb 4, 2019
134 posts
136 upvotes
Anyway, I bought Gladiator, Arrival and MI: Fallout. All paid with Google Opinion Rewards. I'm up to $87.22 in total rewards. Thanks OP.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15306 posts
2211 upvotes
Toronto
AGTOM83 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 7:15 pm
My UV and Flixter have been linked for ages. They never quite said how they were supposed to migrate that to GP though. I never had Vudu or Movies Anywhere and was under the impression Movies Anywhere didn't work in Canada anyway.

So did your UV and Flixter movies show up on Google Play then? I just realized I haven't checked in awhile to see if they did it without anything from me.
Since I linked my UV to Flixster, the UV movies show up on my Flixster account.

Since I linked my UV to Vudu, Vudu to Movies Anywhere, and Google to Movies Anywhere, my UV library shows up in Google but this is due to linking through Movies Anywhere, not Flixster.
Jun 29, 2012
129 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
AGTOM83 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 7:15 pm

My UV and Flixter have been linked for ages too and have been waiting to hear on how to migrate to Google Play. Glad to know I'm not the only one waiting! Need to figure out how to get US iTunes and MA accounts set up.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15306 posts
2211 upvotes
Toronto
ykzflyer wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 9:22 pm
My UV and Flixter have been linked for ages too and have been waiting to hear on how to migrate to Google Play. Glad to know I'm not the only one waiting! Need to figure out how to get US iTunes and MA accounts set up.
You can create a USA iTunes account without a VPN.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2045 posts
401 upvotes
gladiator isn't the extended cut so it's a skip for me, braveheart and forrest gump are of course amazing, and my favorite pick is wrath of khan director's cut. I also like mission impossible 1 and 3, and annihilation looks intriguing for a movie I've never heard of, though I wish I could see it before buying it for the price of a rental lullllll
Sep 22, 2008
572 posts
358 upvotes
Orangeville
FARMERBLANCHE wrote:
Sep 12th, 2019 4:45 pm
No
No Disney codes redeem in Canada in 4k at the moment
There were a few steelbooks that came with a 4k code that could be redeem at moviesanywhere but that was it so far. The only way to get a 4k code from Disney is to buy your disks from the USA. Or buy from the trading/selling sites. I bought endgame for $7 usd for the 4k code.
Also Google only has a select few Disney titles in 4k. Microsoft Canada on the other hand has them all. Both connect to moviesanywhere and port from there. Unfortunately Microsoft does not port TO moviesanywhere.
Hope that helps
Thanks. Good to know. Totally agree with the Microsoft one way porting situation and that is the main reason why I avoid getting MA titles there when I can.