Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Google.com] Google Store Black Friday Sale (starts Nov 24)

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2019 12:07 am
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 20, 2004
688 posts
118 upvotes
Markham
dgcan75 wrote: Just got my pixel 4XL. Phone feels really slippery so I think I need to get a case. I absolutely hate phone cases but this is going to drop on me so really have no choice. Anyone have recommendations? I'm thinking of just getting the Google fabric case.
I always buy Spigen cases. They have a wide variety to suit everyone's needs. I look on their website, then order from amazon.

https://www.spigen.com/
Member
Nov 21, 2016
383 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
AndreaL87013 wrote: They are very thin and a bit more expensive. I'm still concerned about potential drops so I prefer having some more protection against impacts. If you are just concerned about grip and scratches you can also apply skins.
I did try some skins previously from dbrand. But those skins actually made it more slippery than glass! Yes, the grip had some perforations, but they were slippery. Any other options which actually make the phone more grippy?
Sr. Member
Dec 20, 2012
502 posts
291 upvotes
Surrey
binwoot wrote: Tempted to get the Pixel 4 XL and sell my Note 10+
Wait, are you serious? Sorry, I'm just surprised anyone would wany to do that. All Pixel users I know hate the 4 and 4XL. And the Note 10+ is definitely a better phone imo. Is it because of stock Android that you want to switch?
Member
Aug 29, 2017
228 posts
289 upvotes
Snoopygis wrote: I always buy Spigen cases. They have a wide variety to suit everyone's needs. I look on their website, then order from amazon.

https://www.spigen.com/
Thanks - I just ordered the ultra hybrid black matte from Amazon for $18 so will see if it I like it
Member
Aug 29, 2017
228 posts
289 upvotes
henrik112 wrote: Wait, are you serious? Sorry, I'm just surprised anyone would wany to do that. All Pixel users I know hate the 4 and 4XL. And the Note 10+ is definitely a better phone imo. Is it because of stock Android that you want to switch?
I am really enjoying the Pixel 4 XL - so much better than the Pixel 3 XL (I enjoyed the Pixel 2 XL but the 3 XL I found to be a let down). The motion sense soli is so useful while working out to swipe between songs, etc and the phone is super fast! Personally I love the Pixel line as I want pure Android as its creator Google envisions it. My house is all Google & Nest products so I have the whole ecosystem and their interactions are how Google wants them so for that alone, I will take the Pixel line over anything else. And I got the Pixel 4 XL at Bell for $29 for Black Friday and reduced my monthly plan costs in doing so can't complain there!
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14499 posts
3763 upvotes
If the Pixel 4 sale is the precedent, then the 3a should go on sale at 3am EST.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Jr. Member
Jun 28, 2011
160 posts
12 upvotes
Oakville
dgcan75 wrote: I am really enjoying the Pixel 4 XL - so much better than the Pixel 3 XL (I enjoyed the Pixel 2 XL but the 3 XL I found to be a let down). The motion sense soli is so useful while working out to swipe between songs, etc and the phone is super fast! Personally I love the Pixel line as I want pure Android as its creator Google envisions it. My house is all Google & Nest products so I have the whole ecosystem and their interactions are how Google wants them so for that alone, I will take the Pixel line over anything else. And I got the Pixel 4 XL at Bell for $29 for Black Friday and reduced my monthly plan costs in doing so can't complain there!
Your plan with Bell for $29 - is this a new activation? Or a current Black Friday deal? What is your monthly plan and bill (2 years I'm assuming). Thanks.
Member
Aug 29, 2017
228 posts
289 upvotes
hameed wrote: Your plan with Bell for $29 - is this a new activation? Or a current Black Friday deal? What is your monthly plan and bill (2 years I'm assuming). Thanks.
Its an existing plan - so renewed for a 2 year premium plus plan - 10 GB data for $80/month, unlimited text & Canada wide calling. Phone was $29 outright, no device turn in after 2 years. For $0 phone, the monthly plan would have been $10 more a month so it made a lot of sense to pay $29.
Newbie
Jan 18, 2015
11 posts
Richmond Hill, ON
dgcan75 wrote: Its an existing plan - so renewed for a 2 year premium plus plan - 10 GB data for $80/month, unlimited text & Canada wide calling. Phone was $29 outright, no device turn in after 2 years. For $0 phone, the monthly plan would have been $10 more a month so it made a lot of sense to pay $29.
Any insight into how you got this deal from Bell?
Member
Aug 29, 2017
228 posts
289 upvotes
Went into the store and the rep had their sales sheet /grids and offered it to me. I assumed it's just their black friday pricing. I didn't have to fight for it or anything.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2004
1050 posts
41 upvotes
is the battery life on the Pixel 4 as bad as they say it is. I have read it's terrible but I would love to hear from Pixel 4 owners
REFERENCES: ebay : desisuperman
Heatware
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 5, 2001
6071 posts
3847 upvotes
Desisuperman wrote: is the battery life on the Pixel 4 as bad as they say it is. I have read it's terrible but I would love to hear from Pixel 4 owners
Pixel 4 XL is fine. Not sure about the 4.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2004
1050 posts
41 upvotes
9394 wrote: Pixel 4 XL is fine. Not sure about the 4.
Yup. Would like to hear about real life experiences from pixel 4 users
REFERENCES: ebay : desisuperman
Heatware
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jun 8, 2012
110 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
Snoopygis wrote: I always buy Spigen cases. They have a wide variety to suit everyone's needs. I look on their website, then order from amazon.

https://www.spigen.com/
Me too, their cases have saved my phones many many times now. I also get a glass screen protector too.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 16, 2008
2316 posts
665 upvotes
Calgary
Trouter wrote: Sorry for the repeat question but I haven't seen the answer yet. Does anybody know what time on the 28th the 3A XL deal goes live EST?
The Pixel 4 sale started 3am EST so might be the same for the Black Friday Sale

Top