Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Google.com

Nest Wifi router $137.40 (Reg $229) *Targeted*

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2022 8:06 am
Feb 27, 2006
6 posts
discoblues wrote: I have the same setup.
My plan is to demote the onhub to an access point and promote one of the 1st Gen Google wifi points to the main router. Google advised me this is a supported configuration.

The second gen nest access points are crippled compared to the 1st Gen ones. Sure they have a Google home built in but there are no Ethernet ports so you cannot hard wire then or use them as a wifi to Ethernet bridge.
So you talked to google support to confirm that with one of the newer Google Wifi router/Nest router we can continue to use the Onhub as an mesh access point? I really need the ability to hardwire at the different mesh points and would hate to get rid of all of my Onhub mesh units.
Mar 15, 2005
869 posts
819 upvotes
maulik wrote: So you talked to google support to confirm that with one of the newer Google Wifi router/Nest router we can continue to use the Onhub as an mesh access point? I really need the ability to hardwire at the different mesh points and would hate to get rid of all of my Onhub mesh units.
Yep I opened up a chat session and that was the answer provided to me by "Jan". It will continue to work, after the end of 2022, it will just stop receiving updates.
Jun 29, 2020
89 posts
70 upvotes
Can not stack with the $30 off for boxing day. Oh well, will wait. Offer good till April 1st, hope the end date is not a April fools day joke.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
2149 posts
1868 upvotes
I know this is fairly frowned upon here, but if someone doesn’t want to use their code and would be kind enough to send it to me I’d really appreciate it. I don’t have any Google routers and recently switched to the Fido internet deal. The hitron I’m using really struggles in the bedroom and I live in an apartment. I want a solid router to use as a bridge and the addition of Google assistant is fantastic.

Longtime member here so I also understand if this comment ends up removed lol.
Aug 20, 2007
137 posts
103 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
I was in the same boat as you… got the fido deal….but installer guy put it in my basement (after installing in on the main floor and telling me it was awesome…then told me it wasn’t awesome and needs to be in the basement),,,anyways, signal was non-existent on the top floor. I got this router and points… ands its great now! …so I do recommend this router/points (even if you don’t get a discount code). :)
Jul 28, 2005
151 posts
130 upvotes
discoblues wrote: Yep I opened up a chat session and that was the answer provided to me by "Jan". It will continue to work, after the end of 2022, it will just stop receiving updates.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Nest Wifi routers and points were NOT compatible with onhubs.
LINK

We're talking about using the Google WiFi AC1200 pucks as the main router right?
LINK

Giving myself 12 months to find a cheap used one....unless can find a better deal on another mesh system
Jun 23, 2017
540 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
discoblues wrote: Yep I opened up a chat session and that was the answer provided to me by "Jan". It will continue to work, after the end of 2022, it will just stop receiving updates.
Thank you for this. I have 4 OnHubs and was really pissed with Google's announcement, as they've been working flawlessly.
After reading your post, I was able to find a used Google Wifi on Kijiji for just $50, factory reset my network an then rebuilt it with the Google Wifi as the main router and the OnHubs as mesh points (all wired).
I'll continue to use them until they stop working.
Jun 23, 2017
540 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
fallen022 wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Nest Wifi routers and points were NOT compatible with onhubs.
LINK

We're talking about using the Google WiFi AC1200 pucks as the main router right?
LINK

Giving myself 12 months to find a cheap used one....unless can find a better deal on another mesh system
Correct, you can only mix the OnHubs with Google WiFi, they're not compatible with Nest Wifi.
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
11297 posts
1274 upvotes
Toronto
the email we got was that it would no longer allow for settings etc... in the google home app..
[removed for signature violation]
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
11297 posts
1274 upvotes
Toronto
TFC2007 wrote: Thank you for this. I have 4 OnHubs and was really pissed with Google's announcement, as they've been working flawlessly.
After reading your post, I was able to find a used Google Wifi on Kijiji for just $50, factory reset my network an then rebuilt it with the Google Wifi as the main router and the OnHubs as mesh points (all wired).
I'll continue to use them until they stop working.
i'm probably going try this as well. just using them as mesh points.. that way you can still get it to work in theory (till google wifi gets EOL lol)
[removed for signature violation]
Nov 7, 2005
807 posts
749 upvotes
Winnipeg
If they offered a bundle with 2 satellites, I might have jumped on it, but I think at this point I'll watch for a deal on an Asus wifi6 mesh router.
May 12, 2004
818 posts
122 upvotes
I have the Nest Wifi and 2 access points, can I use a second router as an access point also as it would give me an ethernet port if I needed it close to a dedicated PC vs Wifi and it would also mesh with my existing points? this would effectively give me more coverage?

Is this designed to work like that, or should I just be looking for a wifi only Nest point vs this?

Thanks
Jun 23, 2017
540 posts
1122 upvotes
Toronto
icu_nxtime wrote: I have the Nest Wifi and 2 access points, can I use a second router as an access point also as it would give me an ethernet port if I needed it close to a dedicated PC vs Wifi and it would also mesh with my existing points? this would effectively give me more coverage?

Is this designed to work like that, or should I just be looking for a wifi only Nest point vs this?

Thanks
Yes, you can use the Nest routers as points. It's best if you can hardwire them, this way you will get the same speed as with the main router, maximize coverage. You can then plug in an ethernet switch if you need more ports.

As a cheaper alternative, you can use Google WiFi as points with similar results, as all Google WiFi have ethernet ports.
Oct 22, 2012
262 posts
90 upvotes
out east
Was looking at grabbing these and ended up going with an Asus router, likely will return the Asus because of a few things and have been looking at getting one of these but I missed the boxing day deals. Would grab a 2 pack at this price, contemplating getting it at full price. Wish this was a general code that all could use...