Expired Hot Deals

Google.com

New Google Nest products available for pre-order (Indoor Cam, Outdoor Cam, Doorbell)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2021 1:40 pm
[OP]
Feb 20, 2018
78 posts
377 upvotes

[Google.com] New Google Nest products available for pre-order (Indoor Cam, Outdoor Cam, Doorbell)

Deal Link:
More offers from Google.com
New Google nest products has just been announced. Its available for pre-order. I just bought a new nest hello doorbell. wished I waited for this. Check this link for review about the new nest products.

I know this is not a good of a deal but just in case, you can buy it as a bundle. Just check the special offers page. :-)
Last edited by icecoldman on Aug 6th, 2021 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
47 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2045 posts
473 upvotes
not a deal.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5738 posts
2568 upvotes
Ottawa
Just sold my nest outdoor cam for $200, good move.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
13318 posts
24565 upvotes
The deal will be buying previous versions on clearance
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5738 posts
2568 upvotes
Ottawa
The new door bell is a little bits downgrade and cheaper.
Aug 25, 2011
27 posts
17 upvotes
Montreal
Why is there only 1 colour for the door bell in Canada??!
May 17, 2017
644 posts
1590 upvotes
sonyHdr12 wrote: The new door bell is a little bits downgrade and cheaper.
The new doorbell is aimed at those who do not have or cannot use the current doorbell wiring, hence battery operated
My phone plan is $400 a month for 500 MB of data.
My internet plan is $199.99 for capped internet and slow speeds.
My credit cards are the ones with annual fees but terrible rewards.
Did I RFD correctly?
Jul 19, 2015
570 posts
577 upvotes
London, ON
rx3864 wrote: Why is there only 1 colour for the door bell in Canada??!
Cause we generally get screwed in Canada with selection of products across the board.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1880 posts
595 upvotes
Toronto
Is there a hardwire version of the doorbell? Taking it off and charging it every 1-2 months is a bit annoying. Nvm figured it out. Has hardwire option as well.

Currently have the nest hello with the basic nest aware subscription. Wondering if it's worth to upgrade.
Last edited by XSnapSX on Aug 6th, 2021 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 5, 2016
407 posts
589 upvotes
XSnapSX wrote: Is there a hardwire version of the doorbell? Taking it off and charging it every 1-2 months is a bit annoying.
It is wired.

"Powered by a rechargeable battery or a connection to an existing doorbell wire."
Feb 9, 2020
39 posts
19 upvotes
XSnapSX wrote: Is there a hardwire version of the doorbell? Taking it off and charging it every 1-2 months is a bit annoying.

Currently have the nest hello with the basic nest aware subscription. Wondering if it's worth to upgrade.
It sounds like you can wire it, not sure if additional equipment is required, or it is included. It doesn't really look like it is worth switching to the new doorbell if you already have the Hello.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19795 posts
7344 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
XSnapSX wrote: Is there a hardwire version of the doorbell? Taking it off and charging it every 1-2 months is a bit annoying. Nvm figured it out. Has hardwire option as well.

If you actually look at the product page/tech specs you'd find that it can be wired just like the existing one.
Really, why ask RFD questions like this that are answered on the manufacturers product page...
Aug 29, 2017
297 posts
314 upvotes

You can wire the new doorbell to work with your existing chime. But you will still not get 24/7 recording as the new doorbell is not as powerful as the original Hello. They are keeping the current Nest Hello and rebranding it as Nest Doorbell (wired) for those who want the current power and ability to record 24/7. I was going to upgrade when hearing they would be coming out with a 2021 version but after the announcement, I will be keeping my current as the new cameras and doorbell are aimed more at mass market to compete with Ring than the higher quality of Nest in the past
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5738 posts
2568 upvotes
Ottawa
XSnapSX wrote: Is there a hardwire version of the doorbell? Taking it off and charging it every 1-2 months is a bit annoying. Nvm figured it out. Has hardwire option as well.

Don’t upgrade, the new bell doesn’t support 24/7 live video recording, and the wide angle is less than before.
[OP]
Feb 20, 2018
78 posts
377 upvotes
the only good thing I heard about the new doorbell is it can work when there is a power outage and it can also record footage internally. meaning even without internet for a while, it will still work and record events. also I am not sure but it says that the only advantage of having nest aware compare to no subscription is the familiar face feature.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1862 posts
571 upvotes
Toronto
I hope they start offering the other doorbell colours to us soon.
Jun 6, 2011
38 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
So I currently have the wired doorbell, but I believe it might actually be worth switching to this one due to the fact that it does the activity notification processing via on-device hardware vs online

Gotta wait till it releases and look at reviews, but I'm assuming that it'll accelerate notifications received significantly, current doorbell can take like 10 seconds to actually get notified which is honestly inconveniently slow

I wanna get the new cameras also for the same reason (on-device hardware for notification processing) but the mount honestly doesn't look secure at all, and in fine print it even says that if you're gonna mount them higher than 2m, to use the anti-theft cable, which feels like them full well knowing that hard winds will knock it off the mount lol
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2150 posts
1598 upvotes
Hamilton
As long as they cut 5ghz support in Canada for the outdoor camera these are tough to use multiple in a crowded neighborhood.