Google.com

New Google Stadia Bundle with Controller and Chromecast with Google TV $139

[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4270 posts
6791 upvotes
Toronto

[Google.com] New Google Stadia Bundle with Controller and Chromecast with Google TV $139

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Google.com
More offers from Google.com
For anyone interested in Google Stadia, they have updated the Google Store with a new bundle that includes the Google Stadia Controller + Chromecast with Google TV for $139

https://store.google.com/ca/product/gam ... e?hl=en-GB

**It's from the Google Store, not (google.com), I didn't do it, the mods changed it to that. Google.com leads to the search engine, please click the link above to go to the Google Store**
Last edited by Nexzen on Aug 5th, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
75 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1557 posts
762 upvotes
Sask
Any advantages to using the stadia controller? I think you'd be able to get an Xbox controller and google tv for around the same price or very close to it?
Nov 12, 2020
33 posts
124 upvotes
Universe centre
It’s periodically free with a game purchase like cp2077
Jun 16, 2019
193 posts
396 upvotes
The ethernet adapter add-on for this bundle is also on sale for $10 but upon checking the specs it only goes up to 100mbps not 1000mbps.
Most likely useful info for others
Sep 20, 2013
55 posts
26 upvotes
Winnipeg
Stadia is a waste of money. The lag is yuuge. Games are borderline unplayable. They cost the same as a regular console game, so you might as well get a console game and play in higher res and no lag.

Google Chromecast is good for turning an old TV into Smart TV or for streaming your PC to your TV but that's about it. For most people it'll be better to just buy a long HDMI cable.

Controller has a mic that is designed to listen at all times and inside the controller the mic is placed in a place that is difficult to cover without drilling a hole in the controller.
Jul 22, 2010
29 posts
84 upvotes
Montreal
Hiesenberg wrote: Stadia is a waste of money. The lag is yuuge. Games are borderline unplayable. They cost the same as a regular console game, so you might as well get a console game and play in higher res and no lag.
This could not be father from the truth. I have a wired up 400 Mbps connection and had ZERO issues playing Cyberpunk. What you fail to mention is that this costs nothing compared to a regular CONSOLE.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2260 posts
509 upvotes
Vancouver
Hiesenberg wrote: Stadia is a waste of money. The lag is yuuge. Games are borderline unplayable. They cost the same as a regular console game, so you might as well get a console game and play in higher res and no lag.

Google Chromecast is good for turning an old TV into Smart TV or for streaming your PC to your TV but that's about it. For most people it'll be better to just buy a long HDMI cable.

Controller has a mic that is designed to listen at all times and inside the controller the mic is placed in a place that is difficult to cover without drilling a hole in the controller.
I've had good playing experiences. So I think it really does vary.
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
Sep 4, 2014
668 posts
280 upvotes
Toronto, ON

I actually really love Stadia. Works great here in Montreal on cable 400mbps. Playing on wifi with Stadia controller. Played most of Borderlands 3 on it and looking to get CP2077 next!
Jun 6, 2013
571 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto, ON

I have a 500mbit connection and Stadia works really good for me. It even works better than PS5 remote play and I’m on a Wifi 6 network.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
7092 posts
5939 upvotes
If you see that RFDers from Montreal, Vancouver and Toronto all have good experience, all it means is Winnipeg is just too far from the data centers.

https://peering.google.com/#/infrastructure

Assuming Stadia hosts are only in data centers, it would explain high lag for prairie provinces.
Last edited by Xtrema on Aug 4th, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2260 posts
509 upvotes
Vancouver
I have great results on 75 mbps internet. Also for someone who doesn't own a console and just want to pick up a controller and game very casually, its great...
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2310 posts
1270 upvotes
Toronto
Playable, but lag still noticeable for me on a wired gigabit connection.
Last edited by Driftwood on Aug 4th, 2021 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
15+ Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD
Mar 23, 2005
591 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
I use Stadia but I think the controller is a bad deal to go out of your way for. I'd just get the Chromecast itself which is an amazing device.

You get more value out of any Xbox/PlayStation controller imo, since you can use those to play Stadia as well. Google has gatekeeped Bluetooth functionality on it so you're only limited to using it on Stadia. Can't use it for any other android games. I've tried other Bluetooth controllers and the lag is still not noticeable to me but I don't really play online FPS or anything. If latency is a big deal to you and you primarily game on Stadia, it's probably worth it. I don't expect this to be a big audience though
Apr 20, 2007
65 posts
22 upvotes
Edmonton
alias_neo wrote: I use Stadia but I think the controller is a bad deal to go out of your way for. I'd just get the Chromecast itself which is an amazing device.
Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave these away again, either for free or attached to some game purchase.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5626 posts
2023 upvotes
I think that Heisenberg guy is always the first to chime in with a big negative review whenever the topic of Stadia comes up in any thread. And then everyone always disagrees with him lol. But an experience is an experience regardless.

Personally, I've had zero lag issues with Stadia on my TV over gigabit wifi.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Feb 14, 2006
858 posts
999 upvotes
Hammonds Plains
ced2334 wrote: Any advantages to using the stadia controller? I think you'd be able to get an Xbox controller and google tv for around the same price or very close to it?
It's wifi and directly connects to the server. Helps with lag, kind of neat really.....

However that's literally all it does. Yeah there's bluetooth but 0 drivers/support. Stadia controller only works with stadia right now. Been waiting a long time for usb/bt support
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
17728 posts
771 upvotes
If you really want a streaming console just wait for the Xbox streaming unit. You would be much better served.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9854 posts
6679 upvotes
Toronto
ced2334 wrote: Any advantages to using the stadia controller? I think you'd be able to get an Xbox controller and google tv for around the same price or very close to it?
Stadia controller connects directly with Google servers via WiFi, supposed to reduce lag vs connecting via BT to your device.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2014
1008 posts
348 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Isn't Google shutting down Stadia?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)