Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Google.com

Nova Launcher Prime $0.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2019 6:16 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5567 posts
7771 upvotes
Vancouver
Nothing I've seen convinced me I need it.. Pure Android launcher is clean enough.. And changing maybe number/layout of icons... well, could be done in free version as well.

What am I missing by not buying it [except for "helping development" as I do for the few apps I like and use all the time..]???
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Aug 4, 2004
902 posts
443 upvotes
Vancouver
max011 wrote: Nothing I've seen convinced me I need it.. Pure Android launcher is clean enough.. And changing maybe number/layout of icons... well, could be done in free version as well.

What am I missing by not buying it [except for "helping development" as I do for the few apps I like and use all the time..]???
In a nutshell? Three simple yet beautiful things.

Gestures.
Sub grid icon positioning.
Overlapping widget positioning.
Licensed Automotive Technician
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5567 posts
7771 upvotes
Vancouver
sphish wrote: In a nutshell? Three simple yet beautiful things.

Gestures.
Sub grid icon positioning.
Overlapping widget positioning.
Great, thanks...

However, I could live comfortably without any of these.

I really tried... LOL
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He who gives up a little freedom to gain a little security, deserves neither and will lose both. (Benjamin Franklin)
Aug 4, 2004
902 posts
443 upvotes
Vancouver
max011 wrote: Great, thanks...

However, I could live comfortably without any of these.

I really tried... LOL
It's a different story at 99¢ vs 10¢ back in the day. If you use the Google Rewards app, you essentially get this for free by doing the occasional questionnaire. I haven't paid for an app, movie, game or book from Google in a couple of years now.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2009
1046 posts
446 upvotes
TransporterSD wrote: Samples from my S10 using Nova and KWGT tools.
So the calendar style is part of Nova?

I see you organized the groups by function, instead of brand, can S10 not do that? I have S10 and have these groups but by brand - Google, Microsoft, Samsung - instead...
Mar 13, 2018
170 posts
100 upvotes
First app purchase ever... didn't get the morning coffee to pay for it.
can't see anything that worth the extra .99 from the free version.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2007
1491 posts
1032 upvotes
moncton
I got text notifications on the icon in the stock launcher, any way to enable it on this?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8035 posts
8606 upvotes
Downtown Canada
FastFret wrote: So the calendar style is part of Nova?

I see you organized the groups by function, instead of brand, can S10 not do that? I have S10 and have these groups but by brand - Google, Microsoft, Samsung - instead...
The calendar is the widget from KWGT, see attached screenshot. I organized my items not based by brand but by their functions and how I use them, i.e. music - all music apps, video - all video apps etc.
Images
  • Screenshot_20191224-120041_Kustom Widget.jpg
Telus $50/120GB + $0 200 USA LD (min) +$0 VVM X 1 lines
Telus $60/150GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 4 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5567 posts
7771 upvotes
Vancouver
sphish wrote: It's a different story at 99¢ vs 10¢ back in the day. If you use the Google Rewards app, you essentially get this for free by doing the occasional questionnaire. I haven't paid for an app, movie, game or book from Google in a couple of years now.
I caved in... Couldn't be bothered with those questionnaires, but I gladely paid $0.99 for this software; even if I at this point have no uses for most of the premium features, they deserve this money even for a free version...

Now I can experiment with Pro...
Aug 4, 2004
902 posts
443 upvotes
Vancouver
jonny_fishead wrote: I got text notifications on the icon in the stock launcher, any way to enable it on this?
Settings under notification badges. You can edit where it shows it, etc.
Images
  • upload.png
May 14, 2018
936 posts
226 upvotes
Ontario
tehhDR wrote: 7 across x 10 grid (on my old phone, 7 x 9 was fine) with a 5-icon dock. My home page is for things i use the most. I line it up at the bottom just above the dock, no label. I took inspiration from other users ive come across just using the singular home page, but i still use multiple pages for many apps/groupings. I still keep everything at the bottom of the page, two rows max.
How you set up your screen like this way? Can you please share?
Jan 17, 2015
346 posts
395 upvotes
Pierrefonds, QC
dontelother wrote: How you set up your screen like this way? Can you please share?
Yeah.

In HOME SCREEN:
Desktop grid - 10 x 7
Icon layout - 95%, labels: On (i just removed them manually for my home page icons)
Padding - Small x None
Dock...
>Dock Pages - 1
>Dock Icons - 5
>Icon Layout - 120%, labels off
>Padding - None x None
Search bar placement - None

In LOOK & FEEL:
-Notification Bar-
Show notification bar - on
Transparent notification bar - on
Transparent navigation bar - on
Dark Icons - off

But i feel like desktop grid and icon % depends on your phone. So adjust to your liking
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1979 posts
1425 upvotes
Toronto
I don't have issue with one UI on note 10 plus but I brought it anyway to try. I seems ok and more options then one UI
May 14, 2018
936 posts
226 upvotes
Ontario
thanks! but how did you get the clock, date, battery bar?
Jan 17, 2015
346 posts
395 upvotes
Pierrefonds, QC
dontelother wrote: thanks! but how did you get the clock, date, battery bar?
Oh, i made it myself using KWGT widget maker (also need KWGT pro key).
May 14, 2018
936 posts
226 upvotes
Ontario
tehhDR wrote: Oh, i made it myself using KWGT widget maker (also need KWGT pro key).
Nice! I already have KWGT pro...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)