Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Google.com

Pixel 6a from the google store 100 bucks off = $499

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2022 1:12 pm
May 1, 2020
48 posts
138 upvotes

[Google.com] Pixel 6a from the google store 100 bucks off = $499

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
100 bucks
Retailer:
Google.com
More offers from Google.com
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 8th, 2022 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
40 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
This deal was posted on November 3rd in the [Amazon.ca] Google Pixel 6a Cell Phone (Charcoal) - $499.99 (ATL) Hot Deals forum thread
rcheung13 wrote: It's also $499.99 at Google Store Canada

Terms say $100 off promo will last until Dec 1, 2022 subject to availability.
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4993 posts
6155 upvotes
I won't even consider it until it drops to like $399. That's the real value of this phone.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2002
1479 posts
1393 upvotes
AsianXL wrote: I won't even consider it until it drops to like $399. That's the real value of this phone.
What other phones are same/better at $400? Or you're just comparing to US pricing? I have a p6a and will trade in my P3 for P7 in the US for $250 USD. Pricing is way better there, that's true, but in Canada hard to say it's worth that when you can't walk into any store and get a good phone for that price.

On side note, Bestbuy US + Samsung have been having a stupid good trade-in deal for S22 phones. Last week it was ~400 USD out of pocket for a s22 ultra 8/128. This week is 300 USD for S22+ 256 or make $50 for a 128. Just buy a used s21 off ebay and trade in for $800 USD towards any Samsung.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 26, 2003
5334 posts
780 upvotes
Took advantage of the great 299 amazon USA pricing last month since I live close to the border.

Got cheap(er) gas, had a nice little drive, have a nexus card so it's really fast for me, was basically waved through.

If you have the means it's a good way to go. I'm pretty happy with the 6a coming from the 4a. Especially at that cost of entry
He .... looka lika MAN!
I tell you every ting!
----------------------------------------------------
If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Aug 1, 2013
544 posts
675 upvotes
Pain
miss_swan wrote: Took advantage of the great 299 amazon USA pricing last month since I live close to the border.

Got cheap(er) gas, had a nice little drive, have a nexus card so it's really fast for me, was basically waved through.

If you have the means it's a good way to go. I'm pretty happy with the 6a coming from the 4a. Especially at that cost of entry
I did the exact same thing yesterday. Picked up gas, trader Joe's, and a pixel 6a. The 6a was $445 CAD after exchange fees and exchange rate on my credit card that has accident insurance for phones. I also am coming from the pixel 4a which was good but left my wanted more speed. The 6a is fast and it's everything the pixel 4a was and better.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
2178 posts
2040 upvotes
By the Large Bay
Chris9446 wrote: I did the exact same thing yesterday. Picked up gas, trader Joe's, and a pixel 6a. The 6a was $445 CAD after exchange fees and exchange rate on my credit card that has accident insurance for phones. I also am coming from the pixel 4a which was good but left my wanted more speed. The 6a is fast and it's everything the pixel 4a was and better.
Can you just walk into a BB in the US and trade an unlocked phone for an unlocked P6a? I have a P4 which is spec wise close enough to the 6a to make it a wash but it's out of updates now.
Apr 10, 2016
105 posts
51 upvotes
miss_swan wrote: Took advantage of the great 299 amazon USA pricing last month since I live close to the border.

I'm on your boat soon but was just wondering what you guys go for warranty if the phone craps out?
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3541 posts
3864 upvotes
Montreal
shadowsteve wrote: Can you just walk into a BB in the US and trade an unlocked phone for an unlocked P6a? I have a P4 which is spec wise close enough to the 6a to make it a wash but it's out of updates now.
nope they ask for US id for trade-in.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 26, 2003
5334 posts
780 upvotes
Spudsicles wrote: I'm on your boat soon but was just wondering what you guys go for warranty if the phone craps out?
Well, if the phone craps out then I guess I'll do warranty work in the US and use my backup phone in the meantime.
He .... looka lika MAN!
I tell you every ting!
----------------------------------------------------
If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Sep 26, 2018
209 posts
398 upvotes
Toronto
Longtime Pixel/Nexus user who just switched to iPhone... don't. Save your money. These things are loaded with hardware issues, and their resale value drops to $0 after two years.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
my son's phone charge port just died. Motorolla one. What would you guys suggest as a replacement, bought outright ideally... low budget
Aug 7, 2012
168 posts
390 upvotes
If you're concerned about resale value, don't get any android period. But these things are fine. I've been using pixels for 4-5 years and they're a joy to use.
Jan 3, 2018
179 posts
90 upvotes
Does anyone have a feeling based on history or anything else that this will drop again before the end of the yr?
Aug 1, 2013
544 posts
675 upvotes
Pain
KhajitGotWares wrote: Longtime Pixel/Nexus user who just switched to iPhone... don't. Save your money. These things are loaded with hardware issues, and their resale value drops to $0 after two years.
I switched to an iphone 13 for a month, including a vacation during that time and I couldn't get used to it. Iphones are fast and smooth but everything in the UI just takes longer, more taps more swipes, more adjusting my hand to reach parts of the screen that are required to reach to use the phone. I switched back to my pixel 4a until recently and android is just years ahead in software. Iphone hardware is amazing though and I hope the camera quality comes to android one day.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4993 posts
6155 upvotes
Chris9446 wrote: I switched to an iphone 13 for a month, including a vacation during that time and I couldn't get used to it. Iphones are fast and smooth but everything in the UI just takes longer, more taps more swipes, more adjusting my hand to reach parts of the screen that are required to reach to use the phone. I switched back to my pixel 4a until recently and android is just years ahead in software. Iphone hardware is amazing though and I hope the camera quality comes to android one day.
The camera on the Pixel 6 Pro is better than the iPhone 13 Pro.
Check out the comparison videos on YouTube.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1737 posts
8093 upvotes
Can't combine with the 10% Local Guides code. 🥹Loudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying Face
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
2178 posts
2040 upvotes
By the Large Bay
KhajitGotWares wrote: Longtime Pixel/Nexus user who just switched to iPhone... don't. Save your money. These things are loaded with hardware issues, and their resale value drops to $0 after two years.
Don't get an iPhone or don't get a 6a? Could read this either way. :)
Aug 1, 2013
544 posts
675 upvotes
Pain
AsianXL wrote: The camera on the Pixel 6 Pro is better than the iPhone 13 Pro.
Check out the comparison videos on YouTube.
There's also video. Camera is whatever, every flagship seems to be good enough these days but video on the iphone is just another level. There's also shutter lag and processing time on my pixel experience vs iphone 13.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)